Quantcast
So i just got back from seeing Jumper.. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: So i just got back from seeing Jumper..

My Ride
    NBP EM1

Default So i just got back from seeing Jumper..

Imdb rates this movie as a 6.4 out of 10, however if your into the whole "turning your brain off for 2 hours" thing this movie would be great for you.
    IMO 9/10

My Ride
    Lexus IS

Did Samuel Jackson yell in the movie?
    Last edited by randedge; 02-17-2008 at 12:54 PM.

anyone thinking of watching this movie please change ur mind and save ur money and time. movies fucking retarded and samuel jackson looks like a dick head.

My Ride
    A250

Originally posted by thegame89
    anyone thinking of watching this movie please change ur mind and save ur money and time. movies fucking retarded and samuel jackson looks like a dick head.
    Everyones got their own opinions, I find jumper pretty good. I'm so jealous =[ i wish i could just jump everywhere, driving would be so fun.

i saw it tonight as well. thought it was very much your mindless summer movie played at the wrong time of year. i enjoyed it though, i have spent alot more on much worse.
    1995 Talon Esi - 1989 Lebarron - 1991 Mr2 Turbo - 1991 Accord - 2005 Corolla - 2005 R6 - 1993 Talon Tsi - 2013 Mustang Coupe - 1997 Grand Prix GTP

My Ride
    NBP EM1

I agree, this movie actually had me and my friend talking about stealing money from banks, jumping with cars and what not on the drive home.

And for an answer to the question of "Did slj yell during the movie?"

Yes he did, several times, hes getting old and needs to consider retirement.

P.S.
    Snakes in the plane = absolutle ridiculous waste of time
    Jumper = enjoyable waste of time

My Ride
    '08 STi, '12 C350 4MATIC

as long as Sam Jack is in it i will watch it. He is one man that seriously makes my day. haha.

^LOL thats exactly why me and my friends went and saw it tonight. we were watching the trailer and saw samuel jackson with white hair looking like a complete jackass and we just had to go see it. surprisingly the movie was pretty decent, good mindless entertainment.

My Ride
    '13 F150

Oh man. My buddy wanted to see it so I went with him on Saturday. After the show was over, he just looked at me and said "I'm so sorry."

This show is dirt.

1. If you think Hayden Christiensen was bad as Anakin Skywalker, this show makes that performance look like Oscar material. It's like he has petit-mal seizures thru half the movie. Every once in a while you'll be expecting him to say something and he just stands there, like he has vapor lock, for about 5 seconds. There were probably a half-dozen times thru the show where I just thought to myself "For Christ's sake, spit it out. Let's get this show moving!" Ive never known an actor to base his career on the ability to seem like he has a brain injury, even when that's not actually part of his role.

2. The female lead, Rachel Bilson, is not that hot. She's like, 50% Hillary Swank, 50% muppet and 50% Shih-tzu puppy. That may sound awesome but, surprisingly, it doesn't make for a super-hot actress. Or good.

3. There's one scene in Hong Kong (I think, maybe mainland China) that makes absolutely no sense. It's about a 10 minute scene and it does nothing to forward the plot.

4. David (H. Christiensen) makes NO smart decisions. Everything he does is so stupid that by the end of the movie I was HOPING that SLJ would kill him. I flashed back to that scene in Ruthless People where the cop says "This could very well be the stupidest person on the face of the earth. Perhaps we should shoot him." I mean, don't even kill him because he's a jumper, just clean up the gene pool a bit.

There's a scene at the end of the movie when David (H.C.) finally gets the best of Roland (SLJ) and when Roland realizes what happened, he gets this "Oh, you got me again, you dirty scoundrel" look on his face. When I saw that I quietly did the "You Lose" music from The Price is Right (http://www.foundrymusic.com/media/di...ia.cfm/id/9764) and my friend and I cracked up so bad the we were almost crying.

All-in-all, the show was terrible, but if you like making fun of movies, then this might be up your alley. The most praise I can give it is that it's better than Epic Movie.

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

i personally liked it and i think being the 1st of a trilogy really set it up well cant wait for the next one!
    Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by AzNxHyDrA

Everyones got their own opinions, I find jumper pretty good. I'm so jealous =[ i wish i could just jump everywhere, driving would be so fun.
    lol

My Ride

6.5/10.

It was a solid 8/10 until the last 5 minutes, becuase it was a pretty fun movie to watch. However, I fucking HATE movies that won't resolve itself. When the fuck is hollywood going to make a movie that fucking ENDS, instead of trying to set every piece of shit movie up to be some kind of franchise.

Neat idea for a movie, Hayden's character was awful, the bad guys were stupid and didn't make any sense.

I would say if you're the kind of guy who is easily entertained, you'll like it, otherwise it will probably frustrate you.

My Ride
    Memories...

I thought this movie was terrible. Terrible character development and writing and just pathetic acting.

I won't flat out call people giving it 8/10 insane....but come on, RottenTomatoes gave it 15%, and I would say that is bang on.
    (Top critics gave it 3% on RT). COME ON 8!