Quantcast
SRT4 What do you people think? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SRT4 What do you people think?

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

i thought there was a limited # being made
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

The only thing I'm concerned about is reliability. Other than that, this car is second to none. The the 2004's coming with a LSD standard I'm all over this car!

Great power, good handling.....what else is there?

Looks? That is personal opinion but even if you don't like the styling now you may change your mind when the sight of one invokes the image of you getting your ass handed to you.

Reliability? As I said before, this is a concern. Realistically, it can't be that bad. Besides, can you name me another car under $30G's that has over 200whp and 200wtq WITH a intact warranty?

This car has everything any car enthusiast could really ask for.

It gets a big from me
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    NC1

This car is freaking scary
    7 years 115000km warranty along with factory turbo upgrades
    Ricers better watchout!!!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

i dont think the syling is too bad, i dont like the spoiler. i have seen it in person twice, once in the NE, and once going northbound deerfoot. it is pretty sweet, and factory turbo upgrades kick ass. i wouldnt get yellow though. and i would proly shave all the badges
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by B18C
    Besides, can you name me another car under $30G's that has over 200whp and 200wtq WITH a intact warranty?

This car has everything any car enthusiast could really ask for.

It gets a big from me
    actually sport compact car just did another dyno test in this month's issue and found 223hp and 250 ft/lbs!!!! Ricers beware is the understatement of the century!

My Ride
    VE & S13

why wouldnt it be reliable? cause its a neon? i have been playing with these 2.2/2.5 turbo for the last 5-6 years. these bottom ends are almost bullet proof. have you seen these rods? they are as big if not bigger than some v8 rods. you said they dont last? most of my cars i had are over 220,000km, i still turn the boost up, no problems. 7yrs warranty with the srt-4 how much more do you need?

My Ride
    Nissan Almera / VW Polo /Mini 79 model

I checked with a dealership in Canada, the car is being shipped in a limited amount into the country by September, believe or not most of them are already sold out!! So yes I guess if the car becomes mass produced then it would sell like hotcakes, so what happens with this controversial car I don't know. All I say is that I WOULD buy one, Silver, lower the suspension, its a bit to propped up from the back, (why would you want to touch the exhaust, its fine as it is). Tint the glass, crome body parts, some decals, maybe change the spoiler, spray black plastic parts (eg mirrors) same body colour, upgrade the turbo kit, and add a blow out valve. It might still be a neon, but it will scare the shit out of anybody in the passanger seat.

My Ride
    '87 RX-7 Tii

It doesn't look too bad, actually. It doesn't look like it suffers from over-eatting and over-zealous designers like most new cars (Argh, I hate fat cars). Price is good too.
    "Well here's the problem. Some koot put an Acura engine in your Honda."

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

well after showing my brother in law the article last night, hes alreadyt on his way down to varsity chrysler to see if he can get one or not. Im very interested to see if theyve been all pre-sold.

My Ride
    Corvette

i give two thumbs up for the SRT-4.....very fast little car.....raced one awhile ago and all i hafta say is...more than just imports need to beware...heh......and i think its pretty stylish.....bout time domestics make a killer car to battle imports
    Wow! Your import makes 100hp/liter! Good thing I have so many more liters.
    "Yeh Though I Walk Through The Valley Of Rice, I Shall Fear No Turbo....For Torque Art With Me"

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by Oversteer
    I checked with a dealership in Canada, the car is being shipped in a limited amount into the country by September, believe or not most of them are already sold out!! So yes I guess if the car becomes mass produced then it would sell like hotcakes, so what happens with this controversial car I don't know. All I say is that I WOULD buy one, Silver, lower the suspension, its a bit to propped up from the back, (why would you want to touch the exhaust, its fine as it is). Tint the glass, crome body parts, some decals, maybe change the spoiler, spray black plastic parts (eg mirrors) same body colour, upgrade the turbo kit, and add a blow out valve. It might still be a neon, but it will scare the shit out of anybody in the passanger seat.
    if you look at what they did to make it dual exhaust you would be suprised.

one pipe comes out the middle, splits into 2 and twist back towards to the front of the car before it turns 180 degrees again to come out as dual exhaust.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    NC1

The front end looks nicer than last year's WRX!!! The only people that will be hating this car are Honda owners, that's about it. Myself is included in that group!!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2019 RS3, Corolla winter beater

I don't really consider the car a neon, it just looks like one. That'll just add to the sleeper effect. Dodge should have used the SX2.0/Neon chassis and moulded a different design around it for the SRT4. They did the right thing in the powertrain dept. though. Let's just hope more manufacturers follow suit.

My Ride
    VE & S13

it was a NEON, and it STILL is a NEON!

My Ride
    Mazda 3

who cares if its a neon!!! so what if neons are econoboxes.... this one isnt. personally if i had the money id get one and the fact that it ahd factory upgrades just sweetens the deal. right now for that price nothing beats it

lammer Guest

i'd buy that if i were allowed to sell my car for that haha. ithink its an impressive piece!

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by dj_honda
    i dont think the syling is too bad, i dont like the spoiler. i have seen it in person twice, once in the NE, and once going northbound deerfoot. it is pretty sweet, and factory turbo upgrades kick ass. i wouldnt get yellow though. and i would proly shave all the badges
    Agreed, call it an SRT4, not a neon That was seriously a bad move by Dodge, that small detail of it still being badged as a neon just isnt going to sit right with alot of potential buyers.

Although, an STi is still an Impreza?

Originally posted by rice_eater

actually sport compact car just did another dyno test in this month's issue and found 223hp and 250 ft/lbs!!!! Ricers beware is the understatement of the century!
    Was this at the wheels though? It looks like he was talking wheels, and you not. Unless this makes that at the wheels, then I really fear.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by googe

Was this at the wheels though? It looks like he was talking wheels, and you not. Unless this makes that at the wheels, then I really fear.
    Yes that's at the wheels

It needs a 3" for sure. I was there looking at the one that rolled through town, he's a friend. No mufflers, just a cat and 2 resonators in 2 1/4'' piping. There is a real bad choked sound to the exhaust though. Boost hits really hard, has V8 type of low end, no bullshit!!! It has incredable passing power on the highway, 5th gear passes are no problem. The trip to his hometown of Olympia, Wash. a couple weeks ago was really neat.
    The car is made to be affordable, there over spray underneath the car, they only dip primer them, then spray the final colour.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Found a pic of the new color apparently, for the upcoming new year. Perhaps another car on my driveway?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast