Quantcast
Uk tp put new citizens on probation - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Uk tp put new citizens on probation

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Default Uk tp put new citizens on probation

Common sense or intolerance, let's hear your views.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=322419
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Seems kinda vague and subjective.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Pay taxes? Speak English? What a bunch of Nazi Rednecks!!!

We should put everyone on probation. Especially if you live in the NE.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

I think this is a great idea. The most important thing is preserving culture and heritage. If you dont want to learn english WTF are you moving to ENGLAND for? Kinda like if you dont want to wear a helmet on a motorcycle why are you moving to Canada? Or if you want to wear a dagger to class why move to USA where daggers are illegal in schools? Or if you dont want to show your face while voting maby you should rethink your new home. A one year probabtion is a great idea, it not only lets people know that they must integrate but also shows a positive example for the rest of the western world to follow.
    Member since 2003.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by 3g4u
    I think this is a great idea. The most important thing is preserving culture and heritage. If you dont want to learn english WTF are you moving to ENGLAND for? Kinda like if you dont want to wear a helmet on a motorcycle why are you moving to Canada? Or if you want to wear a dagger to class why move to USA where daggers are illegal in schools? Or if you dont want to show your face while voting maby you should rethink your new home. A one year probabtion is a great idea, it not only lets people know that they must integrate but also shows a positive example for the rest of the western world to follow.
    +1..
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by 3g4u
    If you dont want to learn english WTF are you moving to ENGLAND for?
    Is that what they speak there? Could have fooled me?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Is that what they speak there? Could have fooled me?
    Ya no doubt hey. lol
    Member since 2003.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

I'm torn on the "speak english" issue.
    I can understand the idea that, by learning the language, one would be more likely, and better equipped, to integrate into society.
    That said, should intergration be neccessary?
    Why can't I keep to myself if I so choose?

I don't think anyone that doesn't speak english* should be admitted to school.
    I don't think anyone who doesn't speak english should be eligible for social assistance, welfare, etc.

I don't think we should force people to speak the native language, but I do think we should require it in some instances. Leave it up to them.
    Want to go to school? Learn the language classes will be taught in.
    Having a tough time finding a job? Learn the language. If you're still having problems, then we'll talk about helping you out.
    etc etc etc.

Not something I've given a ton of thought to, so maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see why a gainfully employed, productive member of society should be forced to learn a new language unless it's causing undue problems for the rest of society.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    '07 Mustang/'05 R6 Raven

Originally posted by TKRIS
    I'm torn on the "speak english" issue.
    I can understand the idea that, by learning the language, one would be more likely, and better equipped, to integrate into society.
    That said, should intergration be neccessary?
    Why can't I keep to myself if I so choose?

I don't think anyone that doesn't speak english* should be admitted to school.
    I don't think anyone who doesn't speak english should be eligible for social assistance, welfare, etc.

I don't think we should force people to speak the native language, but I do think we should require it in some instances. Leave it up to them.
    Want to go to school? Learn the language classes will be taught in.
    Having a tough time finding a job? Learn the language. If you're still having problems, then we'll talk about helping you out.
    etc etc etc.

Not something I've given a ton of thought to, so maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see why a gainfully employed, productive member of society should be forced to learn a new language unless it's causing undue problems for the rest of society.
    Umm maybe because it's the language of the country? Believe it or not, one of the conditions to becoming a Canadian citizen is being proficient in one of the national languages (english or french).

what you basically said is "if you want to live in the country, you don't have to be able to communicate with anyone, but if you want to work or get an education in the country you need to know the language" so work or go to school eh? last time i checked you need a job and education to function in any civilized country.
    Epicoque Racing