Quantcast
Tax Questions (Student Loans) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Tax Questions (Student Loans)

Default Tax Questions (Student Loans)

This is out to all the tax experts and to members who currently have student loans. I know we get letters indicating how much we have paid in interest on the student loans. My next question is.. are you guys getting these tax slips from both Alberta Student Loans and another one from Canada Student Loans? Or are you just getting the Alberta Student Loans?

I noticed that in the past 2 years I havent received anything from my Canada Student Loans. and if thats the case, I will need to call them to get both 2006 and 2007 tax years reprinted so I can claim them

thanks for the help!

Are we suppose to be getting rembursed for our tuition every year?
    I never got a tax receipt for any of it....

not tuition.. but you get like a printout on how much interest you have paid on your student loan, and you can use it on your tax return.

My Ride
    firebird

I got 2. For your tuition you should be able to print something off the website, etc. and it will be a proper receipt for tax purposes.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

I know one is Edulinks (spelling) Im not sure about the other. Can someone post the contact info on their letter? So I can call them and see whats up? I want to get my taxes done.. hope I dont have to pay taxes this year

Thanks!

My Ride
    firebird

Mine were like a week apart and i got my last one last thursday so it should be coming soon.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Yea but my problem is.. i moved out of my parents place last year, even when i was there last year for the 2006 tax returns, I never received anything from them. If you can post the contact info it would be awesome!

My Ride
    firebird

AB- 18002226485
    Federal- 18888154514

You should be able to figure it out from either of those numbers.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

awesome thanks