Quantcast
Release dates and/or prices of X1 and G900 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Release dates and/or prices of X1 and G900

Post Release dates and/or prices of X1 and G900

Am just wondering if anybody knows the approximate release dates for the:

Sony Ericsson G900

and the,

Sony Ericsson X1 Xperia

I read somewhere that the G900 is coming out sometime in may but have no clue when the X1 is being released.

Also if anyone knows or can provide a good estimated guess on the phones market value when it hits the stores it would help. For now i have read that the X1 will be anywhere between 400-1000$ (a bit too broad of a range).

Any info on these two phones is appreciated

I think the x1 is supposed to be released in either q3 or 4, probably 4 thought to take advantage of the christmas buying frenzy. Sony's are always quite expensive when they first come out. My guess is around 800 and it will stabilize at around 6 a couple months after release.

The G900 should be under $600 after the new release inflation in a few months. Since SE said that this phone will be cheaper than the W960, and the current going price in CAD for a W960 is a touch over $600.

As of the X1, they rumored release date is like jyng said, around Q3 ro Q4. But I definitely see it delayed since the X1 is gonna run in WM 6.1 OS, which is still not release yet. As far as price is concerned, I don't see it being no less than $800. Look at the TyTn II, it's got almost identical feature sets and that phone sells for around $800-1000~ I'm using the TyTn II to compare because this phone is made by HTC. Personally I think it will sell well because of the hype SE has managed to generate, but I don't like the phone because of it's weight (basically the same as a Palm Treo), it's poor graphics (not SE's fault, but WM's), and lastly, it's most likely-to-be poor battery life.

yea that all makes sense. ill probably be getting the G900 and see what i think of the x1 by the time it comes out. the reason i want the G900 is because of its 5mp camera, wi-fi, and its touchscreen. i looked around a few websites for upcoming phones and not many have the same features. if anyone knows of any upcoming or already released phones similar to this let me know

as of now there's no phone with those three feature sets you asked for except the G900. Closest is probably Nokia N95 and 96's without the touch screen. Other than that everything else with weaker camera's are in smartphone territories

yea i figured there wouldn't be. i looked for some similar phones but like you said the closest i found was the nokia. thanks for your info guys.

Bad news, according to engadget the x1 has been pushed back to q1 of 2009.

As for your requirements for a phone, have you ever used touch screen phones before? i was much like you before, and bought a p1i. I now use a n82 and have concluded that touchscreens are over-rated. Also knowing sony, the camera on anything other then a cybershot branded phone will not be as good.

If your looking for 5mp camera, touch screen.. LG Viewty would be your choice.

2009?? that sucks. yea i know what you mean about touch phones. i was about to get the LG prada but decided not to because i figured texting and using other functions would get pretty irritating. lg view looks nice. but i would prefer something with a keypad as well.
    i guess i have more researching to do..