Quantcast
Petro Canada Interview - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Petro Canada Interview

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Default Petro Canada Interview

I have an interview with Petro Canada for an office job with them next week.

Does anybody work for them in this capacity and/or have you had a recent interview with them?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

My Ride
    01 330i

Hi there,
    When you refer to office job, as in PCC downtown? What position are you getting the interview for?

The main HR recruiter is Natalie Viklund. Very nice lady. I was being interview for an Engineering position so that is a little different. A few technical questions and overall it was pretty laid back. Nothing too hard.
    When you have a thought... let it go.. just let it go and you move ahead of everyone else

My Ride
    2005 STI Borg Warner turbo, Widebody

my wife worked for them, and it was by far the worst job she had.

She was a full time employee there, but in the hiring contract it stated that they would not pay her overtime or compensate her for it either by means of time off...She worked there for almost a year with 10+ hours a day and never got anything for all the over time.

Heh.....
    I wonder if its MY job shes interviewing for.
    Girls with asses like mine don't talk to boys with faces like yours!

My Ride
    94' Terd

Originally posted by Neons4life
    my wife worked for them, and it was by far the worst job she had.

She was a full time employee there, but in the hiring contract it stated that they would not pay her overtime or compensate her for it either by means of time off...She worked there for almost a year with 10+ hours a day and never got anything for all the over time.

Well she signed the contract didn't she? Can't really bitch about something you agreed to.

My Ride

No she did not sign a contract. That is what HR gives to their employees stating the conditions of their work, the rules the employees have to go by (code of conduct whatever it's called)

she was not a contract employee.

No she did not sign a contract. That is what HR gives to their employees stating the conditions of their work, the rules the employees have to go by (code of conduct whatever it's called)

she was not a contract employee.
    How long ago was this? Also, was she working for an hourly wage or on a monthly salary?

I heard it's a little different now, they were even featured on Global News a week or two ago about workplace perks.

My Ride

This was around 1.5 years ago now. She was on yearly salary, but obviously didn't read the fine print of her agreement till it was to late. You would be amazed at what the government says about overtime regarding the law about it. Basically she had to work it and not get paid...what a joke of a job. Once she found out she quit.

My Ride
    94' Terd

This was around 1.5 years ago now. She was on yearly salary, but obviously didn't read the fine print of her agreement till it was to late. You would be amazed at what the government says about overtime regarding the law about it. Basically she had to work it and not get paid...what a joke of a job. Once she found out she quit.

Let me get this straight, your wife doesn't take the time to read something she is in fact legally agreeing to, worked their for a year with no concerns, found out that she agreed to not get paid overtime, then quit?

Sorry that just doesn't make sense and I don't think you have any legitimate reason to say Petro sucks because your wife is to careless to read.

My Ride
    N54B30O1

If you're on salary, you're on salary. Get over it,

My Ride

Don't care if you're on salary or not, if you work overtime you should be compensated for it... I don't work for free you know.

And yeah thanks I am over it. I am responding to the OP not anyone else, this was a heads up for that individual to make sure that they do read the fine print of all documents. Also a heads up to the OP and anyone else that Petro Canada does not pay for overtime.
    Last edited by Neons4life; 03-20-2008 at 10:43 AM.

My Ride

So how would you like it if your boss comes to you and says you have to stay at work for a few more hours this week, and come in on Saturday...Oh and by the way we arn't going to pay you for the time. This happened numerous times. So yeah she quit...Would you seriously stay working there. I DON'T THINK SO!!

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

This is off the topic, but I find not being paid OT is a common practice in the IT industries. Most of the time, we are trying to get things deliver on-time, if we were side-tracked at some point in the development phase, due to some unforeseen reason. We’ll have to try our best to make up for the lost time in order to prevent penalty from the client. Therefore, it is within your own responsibility to cover for the lost time, which means you’ll have to work like there is no tomorrow or work on weekends without any compensation, or else find another job…..so life is not fair, but you'll get used to it
    Last edited by KLCC; 03-20-2008 at 11:57 AM.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Shell gives a stupid amount of flex days, free dinner and cab ride home if you stay past 6pm

There is no compensation for overtime - You get rated on your performance and are handed a bonus at the end of the year accordingly. Stay late put in lots of hours, do a good job you get a big bonus... I've never had a salaried position that paid overtime - has anyone else?
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride

Yeah we are getting a little off topic...oh well.

I am salary but I do get overtime in means of vacation time usually.

My Ride
    2010 XFR, 2015 F-350

All of the positions I've held have been salary and I've never been paid overtime. My last position I was putting in upwards of 10 hours/week in overtime but not once did I complain about not being paid because I knew I would be compensated with my larger than usual bonus.

The people that are willing to put in the time now usually are rewarded later.

I'd like to know of a salary position that gets paid overtime.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

yeah I am on salary and get paid overtime if I am required to work late. If I work late by choice then we get straight time.

As for petro, they came to our school to recruit so I am not sure if it is the same atmosphere but it was pretty good. Pretty laid back
    Cos...

My Ride
    4Runner

so how did it go?
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

It went pretty well I think -- went through two interviews. The whole hiring process just seems very bureaucratic though -- it is taking a while for them to get back to me, and I've been playing phone tag with the hiring manager the past few days. I do feel fairly optimistic about the whole situation, however.

My Ride
    FB6

Sorry for bumping up an older thread. But I just want to ask Gainsbarre or any other people that would know how Petro-Can usually does their interviews.

I have an interview scheduled on Thursday for an internship position with them and was wondering what kind of interview style they use and what types of questions might be asked. And if there are any questions that are really technical or difficult to answer?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast