Quantcast
Trouble Waking Up in the Morning. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Trouble Waking Up in the Morning.

Default Trouble Waking Up in the Morning.

hey guys,

So lately ( beginning of 2nd semester), i've been having the hardest time waking up. My first semester, i had classes later in the day. Now i have class 8 in the morning most days. I've found it really hard waking up, even if i get a normal amount of sleep.

It got to the point where i had to set numerous alarms on my phone. At one point i had two seperate alarms, and three on my phone. In the end i'd just turn them off and hea dback to sleep. So i positioned the alarms where i'd have to actually get up to turn them off, i ended up just sleeping through them. I'm in the basement and the alarms wakes my brother up who is two stories up!!!

Finally, i tell my gf to call me, and my sister to come down and wake me up, because she gets up at that time. My girlfriend calls a milion times to no avial. and appearantly when my sister goes to wake me up, i make excuses like, " my class got canceled, or i just say okay i'll wake up" then go back to sleep. So does anyone have any good pointers or alarm clocks that smack you in the balls, because it's getting embarassing. Thanks for reading.

My Ride
    1991 CRX, sir.

I hear you man, any input would help me as well.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Hook it up to your stereo? blast it through your room....

My Ride
    07 R6, 12 Ralliart

haha i have that same problem too.....was an hour late for class this morning

My Ride
    Axis powers

drink lots of water before u goto sleep
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

Drink a ton of water before going to bed so you have to get up?

^^^^^ Beat me to it

wtf this sounds just like my situation...i even live in the basement aswell and i have two alarms. My cellphone and this other alarm clock that sounds ljust ike a truck backing up...it wakes everyone up (upstairs) then i hit snooze.

Haven't found a solution....i've tried

multiple alarms etc dont work

The weather is getting nice lately and i find that helps...when its nice out i want to get up...its odd

Also try anything to allow more light in the room, now that the sun is up earlier it may help wake you up

I assume you're going to bed at 9-10pm every night right?

and not smoking the ganja before bed lol..
    Curse you imageshack..

haha i do drink lots of water. I watched that on the simpsons as a kid lol. But....i wake up in the middle of the night, go to the washroom, and i drink more water...

But sometimes you are awaken in the middle of the night, and when you can get back to bed, you feel so relieved and happy, it makes the sleep almost better lol.

maybe i need to be more consistant.

haha no ganja at night, I do try to sleep earlier. Sometimes i can't sleep at 9-10 though, if i do, i end up just laying there, i sleep around 11 and my wake up time is about 630. I have friends who hardly get any sleep and they wake up no problem.

and being in the basement, i have one small window, and sunlight doesn't get in so well.
    Last edited by signature7; 03-13-2008 at 06:22 PM.
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

I wake up at 6 am, let my dog out for a piss (i have to go out with her on a leash cause of her surgery) then we get back inside and i go back to bed for half and hour. After that 30 min mini nap i have an insane amount of energy... but for the first alarm you just have to FORCE yourself up.

That or take a caffeine pill 20-30 min after the alarm clock.

It all comes down to will power in the end...
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by infected
    Try to allow more light into the room like mentioned above. I find leaving the blinds up and having a slight crack in the window helps me wake up easier in the morning with the sunlight pouring in while the birds chirping outside.
    To be honest, this just makes me hate birds lol
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    German

Try to allow more light into the room like mentioned above. I find leaving the blinds up and having a slight crack in the window helps me wake up easier in the morning with the sunlight pouring in while the birds are chirping outside.

My Ride
    reebok Jams

self control / determination.

i have 8am class every day and most of the time i sleep the entire C-Train ride and through first class because im so tired but im there...

make it essential and the fact each class cost you $500 dollars should be persuasion enough

If in-deed it is hard, try timed light. buy a timer and hook up a stereo and whats called "Natural Lighting" bulbs.. or either or...

The natural lighting bulbs may wake you up in a less stressful and much more pleasant way but are effective. and the stereo will just wake you up
    Last edited by jdm_eg6; 03-13-2008 at 06:37 PM.

RIDES: 94' EH2: Sold, 98' DC4 sold, 93 S13 sold, 93 S14 the lead sled

1992 Honda EG6 SiR for sale!:ONLY! $4900.00Message me for more info!

I have the same problem and I THINK I know why it is.

ALWAYS near the end of first semester and the beginning of second I would miss all my fucking classes because I just could NOT wake up. It was insane, I would go to bed at like 11 and wake up at 11.

But it slowly goes away as the semester progresses. I think I know why.
    I live on the top floor in my house, and in the winter, 7 AM is fucking pitch black, so I just don't wake up till it's bright out (IE 11 AM) But as the season progresses, it starts to be light out at 7 so it is much easier for me to wake up. Now it seems to me like you are in a dark ass basement, and it is always dark down there. Try and set up some lights (I know it sounds retarded but it just may work!) so that your body thinks it is morning at 7 AM even though it may be pitch black in your basement due to lack of windows.

Edit: wow it looks like I should read threads more often...
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    V167

I sleep 3-4 hours every night and have class at 8am every damn day of the week. My alarm is away from the bed so I have to get up to turn it off. I then force myself to have a shower, not return to bed. Works perfect yo. Sunrise at 7am every day of the year also helps as my room is full of light at that time.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    I sleep 3-4 hours every night and have class at 8am every damn day of the week. My alarm is away from the bed so I have to get up to turn it off. I then force myself to have a shower, not return to bed. Works perfect yo. Sunrise at 7am every day of the year also helps as my room is full of light at that time.
    3-4 hours a night? holy shit! I get about 6 every night, i don't drink coffee or take caffeine pills or anything, i do alright till later in the week and really boring lectures.

as for waking up, my alarm turns on my radio with my sub which is under my bed, wakes me up.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    02 Civic LX

My alarm is a really loud horrid screeching sound, so I hate it too much to sleep through it, it forces me to get up.
    I also set another alarm for 30 min before I actually have to get up to help start waking me up.
    I'm also a big caffeine fiend haha

I know how you feel though, so many people tell you its just self discipline, but there isn't much you can do if you flat out don't wake up to start with.

Get your sister to spray your face with a water bottle.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

I have the same problem. Waking up in the morning is WAY harder then it used to be. I've stopped drinking coffee so that hasn't helped either.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

^^ sounds like a gameplan for tommorow.
    Mr. Peanut (Niel): George... I win

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast