Quantcast
Seller punking out of deal - rant - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Seller punking out of deal - rant

Default Seller punking out of deal - rant

So choked right now. I found a set of rims last weekend that a user here had for sale. I contacted and spoke with user and we both agreed on terms of sale for this particular set of rims. The rims were pretty much sold to me. I even offered a deposit as I was away thoughout the week. But yeah, we agreed and the rims were basically sold, done deal right?

The reason there were terms was because the user goes to shool out of Calgary and would be returning this weekend. I was going to drive down last weekend and pick up in person but the thought of saving a 5-6 hour drive round trip, how could i resist. Anyways I msg'ed the user mid week to make sure everything was still a go. Sure as shit, he wrote back today and told me that he had decided not to sell the rims anymore. I'm like wtf??? I have the money ready to go and I passed up a set of similar rims off another friend for this particular set.

I guess my point is this, where's all the honor nowadays? I thought a deal was a deal be it verbal, hand shake or on paper. I was really excited about this set of rims, took the money out already and was just super stoked. Now i'm just pissed and can't believe that there's still people like this out there that would do this....just really disapointed to be honest.

-end rant-
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Default Re: Seller punking out of deal - rant

Originally posted by BokCh0y

I thought a deal was a deal be it verbal, hand shake or on paper.
    theres no such thing anymore these days
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Wow tough luck buddy, people change their minds or stuff comes up.. This thread would be worthy if you have him a deposit, but since you didn't

My Ride
    300 Limited

Sorry to hear dude. What can you do, unexpected things come up; you just gotta stay positive and hope you can find something similar soon..

Which rims were they by the way?
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

Default Re: Re: Seller punking out of deal - rant

Originally posted by Princess*Precid

theres no such thing anymore these days
    sadly

This situation always happens, but is the other way around, to sellers...ppl always confirm to buy, but back out for whatever reason. This is online sale, untill you get your money or item there is no such thing called "verbal" or "email" deal here...so be happy at lease u r not being scamed!!!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Originally posted by Palmiros
    Sorry to hear dude. What can you do, unexpected things come up; you just gotta stay positive and hope you can find something similar soon..

Which rims were they by the way?
    Wow his boyfriend didn't leave him, someone just didn't sell a set of rims to him...

Originally posted by oz388
    This situation always happens, but is the other way around, to sellers...ppl always confirm to buy, but back out for whatever reason. This is online sale, untill you get your money or item there is no such thing called "verbal" or "email" deal here...so be happy at lease u r not being scamed!!!

that I am happy about. just pissd off more because i passed up another opportunity and essentailly got bent twice.
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Originally posted by Sharpie

Wow his boyfriend didn't leave him, someone just didn't sell a set of rims to him...

btw Sharpie did the same thing to me and i still havent been able to forgive him

My Ride
    Lease

People have no back bones nowadays, anyone who was raised before the mid 90's still remember what honesty and integrity is otherwise our parents beat it out of us.

Like someone said just be glad you didn't get scammed (i.e. you paid him, he never delivers, or hidden damage), or raped, etc...

You grow up fast once you've join Beyond, I did some repairs ($400 worth we both agreed) for this stereo guy in the fall, he was suppose to install any old piece of crap remote starter in my beater, so simple and such a fair and awesome deal for the little fucker, guess what???

My Ride
    03 SVTF

it sucks.. but it happens.. it's happened to me a few times on here. tell someone that it's sold and ask them where to meet/get a number.. and they sell it to someone else first. I'm pretty sure an agreed upon deal is supposed to be a law abiding arrangment. unfortunately in the world of the internet deal, rules seem to get bent more than not.
    Best of luck finding what you are looking for.. keep searching. The right items come along eventually

Originally posted by oz388
    nice grammar

think about what you would have done in his position. if something came up and u wanted to keep them would you still go through with the sale? prob not. dont get your hopes up until you have the item in your hands

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by turbotrip

btw Sharpie did the same thing to me and i still havent been able to forgive him
    Sharpie left you?

I usually tell people if I don't have the money, not to wait on me, but I'm interested... if I really want it, I'll hammer out a deposit. Sucks to hear though. At least he didn't turn around and sell it to someone else... THAT would be shitty. Maybe he was just having sellers remorse?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Would this be like the time you said you were going to sell me a set of GS-R blades? I pulled the cash out of the bank and waited for your reply, when I sent a follow up PM you had already sold them.

Originally posted by QuasarCav
    Would this be like the time you said you were going to sell me a set of GS-R blades? I pulled the cash out of the bank and waited for your reply, when I sent a follow up PM you had already sold them.
    First of all...you're an idiot and that was gay how you left me bad feedback.

Here's the story if you can't remember.

I posted the GS-R Blades for sale for my brother in Edmonton. You contacted me, we worked something out and I was going to sell them to you. I called my brother in Edmonton to let him know I found a seller for him. He ended up selling them to someone he worked with earlier.

Dude, that wasn't me that backed out of the sale and I personally called you and told you what had happened. I also apologized and told you how bad I felt, my brother selling them to a co-worker in Edmonton wasn't because of anything I did. We had a deal and I tried to keep my part. You want to rant, call my brother Alex and tell him how big a prick you think he is. I've already given him an ear full about the situation cuz I KNOW IT WAS WRONG. PM me for his number. You can personally tell him off.

That seriously had nothing to do with me.....

EDIT: Seriously, look at my feedback. People who I have done business with know I am a stand up individual and will bend over backwards to accomodate them. You can ask guys like gonefishing, vietdood and frozenrice. I've met with these guys and hooked them up with stuff they needed that I had and I didn't even charge them anything. I've always gone out of my way when buying/selliing.

Again I apologize that things didn't work out between you and I and the sale of the GS-R Blades, this was not something I was in control of. Brother sold them....it had nothing to do with me. I was seriously only helping him out.
    Last edited by BokCh0y; 03-20-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Some people have no integrity. Idiots.

I posted the GS-R Blades for sale

I KNOW IT WAS WRONG.

There is no need to call me an idiot. The feedback system is designed to record incidents like this, I did not make the deal with your brother, I made it with you.

My Ride
    women nuts

christ, holly PMS bo

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

First of all...you're an idiot and that was gay how you left me bad feedback.

Here's the story if you can't remember.

I posted the GS-R Blades for sale for my brother in Edmonton. You contacted me, we worked something out and I was going to sell them to you. I called my brother in Edmonton to let him know I found a seller for him. He ended up selling them to someone he worked with earlier.

Dude, that wasn't me that backed out of the sale and I personally called you and told you what had happened. I also apologized and told you how bad I felt, my brother selling them to a co-worker in Edmonton wasn't because of anything I did. We had a deal and I tried to keep my part. You want to rant, call my brother Alex and tell him how big a prick you think he is. I've already given him an ear full about the situation cuz I KNOW IT WAS WRONG. PM me for his number. You can personally tell him off.

maybe its the same thing this time, but with the roles switched....

Originally posted by QuasarCav

There is no need to call me an idiot. The feedback system is designed to record incidents like this, I did not make the deal with your brother, I made it with you.
    And again let me state that my brother sold them on both of us, out of my control.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast