Quantcast
Applying to UBC - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Applying to UBC

Default Applying to UBC

nm
    Last edited by e36bmw///; 03-05-2018 at 10:39 AM.

My Ride
    PL24T

If you can't hack MRC, then what makes you think you can do a real university?

I don't think you are allowed to not inform them of you going to MRC. I think if you lie or "forget" to tell them you can be expelled due to academic dishonesty.

Best to call them and ask though.

My Ride
    w163

No you can't just not tell them, well you can, but if they find out you are gone for good. And that goes for all Universities Im pretty sure.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

Stuck with your grades...there's no way your gonna "hide" the MRC grades if it's already on your transcript under your name.

nm
    Last edited by e36bmw///; 03-05-2018 at 10:40 AM.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Nope, they hold you to what you have done.

Why would they let someone start over when they have thousands of applicants with better grades from college and high school applying?

Good luck with applying to UBC, I'm registered at UBC right now as a visiting student for an international internship and if you actually do apply to them and get in, prepare yourself for the most bureaucratic crap ever. The administration (regarding finances in any case) seems horribly incompetent from all the mistakes I've had to deal with. Nice campus though, even though I only spent like a week living at a rez building, haha.

But I think that yeah, you have to give them the full listing of your academic history; the application itself should say it's mandatory to fill out your entire history I think.

My Ride
    Jetta

UBC is tough to get into it. Let alone if your grades were only good enough to get you into MRC. And you'll have a hard time getting them to ignore poor performance in MRC. UBC might be a little out of reach I think, realistically. I would try for U of C if you're looking to go to a University...

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by drew_goring
    If you can't hack MRC, then what makes you think you can do a real university?

Driving a BMW doesn't = good grades haha. Seriously though, if school isn't your thing, stop wasting your time and go into some form of skilled labour. Good pay, honest living, good hours, and we always need more people for that.

My Ride
    Integra

Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Driving a BMW doesn't = good grades haha. Seriously though, if school isn't your thing, stop wasting your time and go into some form of skilled labour. Good pay, honest living, good hours, and we always need more people for that.

I agree, But if I were you id take a skilled trade till ur 21 than
    apply, less credentials needed or requirements. This is what im doing, make good money, save some than apply later on so im basically working and ugrading than "going back to school". =D

You can apply any where you want.

Based on the fact that you already have MRC doesn't mean they won't accept you:
    https://you.ubc.ca/ubc/vancouver/admissions.ezc

They only reason you may want to have them look at your MRC is if you want to use MRC classes for transferable credit:
    https://you.ubc.ca/ubc/vancouver/cdnuniversity.ezc#gar

Otherwise, for the most part, they'll look at your highschool transcripts. ie, if you want to get into Science: they look at your HS since you don't have any prior science from MRC:
    http://www.students.ubc.ca/calendar/...12,215,410,406

I'm currently applying for UofC. I sent them my transcripts for highschool and Sait. Whether or not I sent my Sait is actually irrelevant for credit. But since I aced my Sait program, it looks better for application, since they will look at the grades.
    Last edited by Ferio_vti; 03-25-2008 at 03:30 PM.
    Damn +44411's

apparently you only need a 2.0gpa to get into UBC. My friend at sait just got accepted into UBC with a 2.0gpa for his Mgmt major.
    He said himself that he was confused n kept on asking his counselors if it was really only a 2.0gpa to get in, his counselor said that since he's an out of town student he only needs a 2.0.
    something along those lines.

but i was confused, UofL requires a 3.0gpa to get in. 0_o?

My Ride
    Jetta

That is weird. I've heard competitive average for UBC Business faculty is ridiculously high. But you know, in truth, you don't know til you try. Maybe I take back this morning's post, can't hurt to at least give it a shot. Worse comes to worse, you spent an application fee but gained valuable knowledge.

My Ride
    BMW E86 M Coupe

Originally posted by GTS Jeff

What? Driving a BMW doesn't get me good grades???

wtf.....i'm screwed