Quantcast
Calgary Rugby 2008 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Calgary Rugby 2008

Default Calgary Rugby 2009

It always seems that clubs need more players, and the season is just around the corner and most teams should be practicing outside now, or at least starting next week.

So if anybody is interested, you should look at signing up.
    www.calgaryrugby.com

Irish: train and play home games in NE next to the Port O'Call just off McKnight.

Saints: train next to Speedtech (don't know if they still play games there though)

Saracens: practice at Inland Athletic Park (7555 112 Ave NW), home games at CRU

Canucks: practice in Stanley Park, play at CRU

Hornets: practice and Beaverbrook, play at CRU

Rams: practice at Carroll, play at CRU

Banff and Lethbridge are always desperate for players as well. I remember a couple years where Banff (stacked with foreigners obviously) could have won the whole thing except they only had 14 players a couple times.
    Last edited by kertejud2; 03-18-2009 at 02:43 PM.

Popularity be damned I'm going to bump this for 2009, might be foolish and desperate, but might as well give it a shot.

If anybody is interested teams always are looking for players, the Rams in particular based on last year.

Saracens have a bunch of U of C guys, Bowness seems to be their feeder school as well.

The Irish have a bunch of rep players who are always off with Canada development stuff, I think they had an entire Premier team under 25 last year, and a patchwork 2nd div full of guys who didn't know what they hell they were doing.

Saints are a bunch of douchebags who will probably let you play until playoffs roll around then call in guys from the coast

Canucks had a ridiculous amount of players last year, probably not the place to go this summer if you want to play (unless you're really good I suppose)

Hornets are good, they had quite a few players last year as well.

The Rams had to withdraw their Premier team due to lack of players, probably the place to go if you want to do as little as possible to reach "the show".

My Ride
    TL

I have never played rugby in my life, have been interested in actually playing it while I can still run around without a walker.

Are there divisions or even teams for guys like me?

Originally posted by Oz-
    I have never played rugby in my life, have been interested in actually playing it while I can still run around without a walker.

Are there divisions or even teams for guys like me?
    3rd division is for new guys and old farts who's best days are behind them.

Every club has a 3rd div team, and its good because its rolling subs so you're guaranteed to get time. And because there's usually a bunch of older guys, they're good at helping the newcomers out.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

I really want to play this year, thanks for the thread I will try to evaluate some teams.

I think I'm going to be playing 2nd or 3rd div, haven't played in a few years, so it's going to take a couple months to get back in shape.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Bump this up.

Can somebody describe the general atmosphere of some of the teams?

Still trying to evaluate where I would fit in best.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    TL

Bumping this.

For some odd reason I decided to pick up the sport this year and I must say that I love it. Playing with the Irish and getting so much help in understanding the game.

First pre-season game of the year is tomorrow vs the Saints and then the regular season kicks off on May 6th.

I will also be trying to attend all the Wolf Pack games this year. Some great exposure to live high level rugby here in town.