Quantcast
Sedans - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Sedans

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Default Sedans

I've been hearing from people that a 4-door sedan will be cheaper to insure than a 2-door coupe..is this true?

also im looking into getting an 88-91 Bonneville SSE, they're pretty nice cars..does anyone have any experience with these, and are they reliable cars??

also, minivans will be really really cheap to insure..what are your thoughts on the 91-95 Caravan/Voyager

by the way, can you guys list some cars that won't be expensive to insure.

Thanks

My Ride
    Noodle

I think that they are right when they say insurance is cheaper, it is not considered to be as "sporty" as a 2 door and therefore the driver is less likely to drive wrecklessly, at least I am pretty sure thats right

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

what he said...and yeah i can see vans being cheaper since you don't exactly see any minivan racers doing burnouts at the lights, even though most of them pack a pretty good punch.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

It depends on what model.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    Model S

It really doesnt make a difference. I have heard this alot as well, its a common claim that 4 doors are cheaper but I dont think it has any basis. The prices are done on a model by model basis.

For example, look at a pontiac sunfire vs a subaru sti. Think the pontiac is going to be cheaper? No

That being said, there typically is a correlation between amount of doors and "sportiness" of the vehicle. So, it may be a good rule of thumb that a 2door is likely considered more sporty than a 4door, but there are alot of exceptions.

Maybe it used to be different, cause alot of people have implied that 2 doors are cheaper, but all the quotes I have got on vehicles suggest that isnt the case at all today.

call insurance and find out instead of asking for people's 'guesses'.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

I think it is actually true if the car your comparing a sedan vs coupe version of the exact same car (ie 325i will be a tiny bit cheaper than a 325Ci)
    Might not be tho, best bet is to call your company before you assume anything.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    a tank

welp its true. But still depends on the insurance company. I hear from a friend "correct me if I'm wrong" He got a quote for 8k/year for the subaru STI... hmm das freakin expansive for a 4 door, AWD.. welp if you take away the 2.5 L 300 hp engine
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Audi A4 2.0T

i have a 4 door civic and my insurance is almost $600 cheaper than it was on my 2 door civic. Sedans fall into a different insurance bracket because of risk factors. They are seen by most to be a family car and not a sports coupe. Insurance also will vary depending on the stats for the car. Right now it is more expensive to insure a 2 door 2000 civic than it is to insure a 2000 RSX. Civic is more because according to canadian stats the risk of getting a civic stolen is more so than having an RSX stolen. (according to state farm policy) Other places might be different.

My Ride
    '87 RX-7 Tii

It depends on the car. Like Import_Girl says, a 4-door civic is less expensive than a 2 door civic... but it's not the case between 2 and 4 door 'higher-end' cars like Lexus' (Lexi? What's the plurl of Lexus?), Grand Prix etc. Theres a point where you'll have to declare things like superchargers and turbochargers. If I'm not mistaken, that Bonneville is supercharged... so it will be slightly more expensive to insure.
    "Well here's the problem. Some koot put an Acura engine in your Honda."

4 door Benzos are cheaper to insure than coupes and vert's too. For instance my 300E is less than the similarily powered 300CE.