Quantcast
Golf course maintenance needed. Free Golf everyday - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Golf course maintenance needed. Free Golf everyday

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Lightbulb Golf course maintenance staff needed. Free Golf everyday

Hey guys. Shawnee slopes is needing people BADLY for this upcoming season. If you can work Full time; being Monday to Friday 7:30-3:30 (sort of shift), they need you. Its full time work, at a relaxed environment. Most people will be equipment operating, meaning riding/operating mowers all day (VERY relaxing and easy job), with the odd bit of clean up at the start of the season (meaning now). Pay is dependant on experience, call to setup an interview. If your very reliable, and have a fantastic work ethic, you can make decent coin. You'll be outside all day (great during spring & summer) and working in the closest thing to a stress free environment out there.
    Golf is free for staff. Its a beautiful 18 hole golf course. After your shift is finished, your entitled to a free game of golf, everyday. (Doesn't include friends, they pay a subsidized rate while with you on those said games).
    Positions needed;
    -Mower operators: fairway/greens/rough (no experience needed as there is a full tutorial on how to operate the mower, and training if needed)
    -Pin cutters
    -General help in maintence (jack of all trades basically, all the above at times)

Wages are anywhere from $12/hr up.

Call Keith (Golf course superintendent) at 618-2468

or drop off a resume at the location, located on this page.
    http://www.shaw-neeslopes.com/
    Stop by the maintenance building, and ask for Keith anytime between 8am-4pm.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 04-01-2008 at 11:04 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

God......my dream job!! I wanna quit my business and do this.
    ride a lawn mower.....have the tunes on...then play a round of golf at the end of your shift. Could there BE anything nicer??

*sigh*.....

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Originally posted by Maddog55
    ride a lawn mower.....have the tunes on...then play a round of golf at the end of your shift. Could there BE anything nicer??

*sigh*.....

I'm with you on that one. If I ever won the lottery I would move to Arizona or Florida and just get a job on a golf course. But alas, real life is what it is!

My Ride

Originally posted by Maddog55

*sigh*.....
    yeah its very casual and relaxing. If you want to work on the weekends for extra cash, they'd be happy to talk with you too.

But its damn cool to get paid to do work on a beautiful, well manicured course... and work outside with a bunch of deer sleeping in the shade watching you the whole time. A good portion of the course backs onto fishcreek park.
    its quite nice. There is a HUGE pond, that seem to attract quite a school of Canadian Geese every year.
    Its honestly, an amazing job.... if you can even call it that at times.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 03-26-2008 at 11:05 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Subaru GR

not a bad job, I worked 2 summers back in the day at a golf course, the free golf is sooo worth it.....
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    S13 & Suzuki

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

yeah its very casual and relaxing. If you want to work on the weekends for extra cash, they'd be happy to talk with you too.

But its damn cool to get paid to do work on a beautiful, well manicured course... and work outside with a bunch of deer sleeping in the shade watching you the whole time. A good portion of the course backs onto fishcreek park.
    its quite nice. There is a HUGE pond, that seem to attract quite a school of Canadian Geese every year.
    Its honestly, an amazing job.... if you can even call it that at times.
    how seriously do they need weekend people? is it best to call, email, or drop off a resume?

My Ride

^ Call to work out the details, then drop off/fax a resume if still interested.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Dang...if I could afford my house, cars and kids on this salary I would be there in a second.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride

bump. Still looking. To anybody serious about this, please...... if you book an interview, show up for it. Its a complete waste of Keiths time when he takes time out of his (very very) busy day to have an interview with someone, and have that person not show up. Put yourself in his position, and you'll see why this is quite frusterating and annoying.

Like I say, hes hiring FT people primarily, but Part timers can apply too.

PT weekends?

My Ride

^ yup. Just call. Dont know what the deal with "complimentry golf" is with the weekenders, but I'm sure its available for you, on the Sat and Sun that you may be working.

Wages START at $10, but its more like $12 and up if your a good worker with a good work ethic, and are reliable, meaning you can take responsiblity.
    Not too many courses pay this well. Most "assistant managers" only make $13/hr at most courses, such as Priddis. Whereas the "Bunker Foreman" only makes that much.
    Any Turf maintenence/landscaping experience will be much appreciated.

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

i did this one year. awsome job. we worked 6 days a week though

reccomended for anyone who wants something relaxing for a summer job

My Ride

^ Even for a banned guy like somebody around here? (jokes)

Keith is still looking. Call if your serious. They start at $12/hr.
    Still looking for mower operators etc.

My Ride

also hiring gardeners and many other positions.

yes, their hiring PT as well.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 04-20-2008 at 07:33 PM.

My Ride

bump. Still looking. its dead now with all the snow, but the course should be open in two weekends from now, being May 3rd.
    Email Keith at
    [email protected]

My Ride

I meant to add, that those are interested should send Keith your resume via fax or email, then call him a day later to followup. Just leaving a message without a resume to look over (on his behalf) is already a no-go.

just so you know.... for those that have applied I mean.

My Ride
    93' civic, honda for lyfe!!

for mow operators do you just cut grass for 8 hours?
    Originally posted by 89s1
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

My Ride

^ if you want to. There is no "mow operators" per se' as a job title. If you enjoy cutting grass, then great! you can do that ALL day if you want, or perhaps a portion of the day as (lets say for example) cutting greens doesn't take all day, afterwards you can do something else if you want.
    There are many types of "mow operators" you can do.
    Cut
    -Greens
    -Fairways
    -Rough (both with a 5 deck and a 72" flat deck mower)
    -Near bunkers with a low slung machine designed for such
    -Tees & collars.

There is also another (wee little 3-wheeled) machine that rakes out the bunkers.

There are no specific job titles, most people do mostly everything, however if you prefer to do certain things over others, (as in "cut pins").... and if you're good at it....then I'm sure Keith would be happy to oblige.

Anything else, just ask.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 05-16-2008 at 09:37 PM.

My Ride
    GTI

I don't golf, but I could use a job for my mornings/afternoons, since my other job is mostly evenings and I only have evening classes, this could be perfect, though the pay sounds a little low for the market, IMO.

My Ride

^ yeah golf courses never pay much to start unfortunately. If you have a "turfology" degree, or any relevant experience, I'm quite sure he'd be open to paying more to start...
    I remember browsing the paper and seeing an opening at Priddis for a "bunker foreman" (Good Lord that must be a shitty job.... just working in sand traps all day ) but the pay was merely $13.25 for that.
    Apparently Shawnee Slopes pays quite high incomparison to the other courses.... excluding city owned ones of course. As I think they pay $18/hr to start, however its unionized; as in this instance, it defiantely works againest the employees as when a new position is opened up; instead of promoting one internally, they're promoted externally. Meaning if you want to move up, you have to switch courses, and if there is an opening at THAT course your on, someone else will be hired on from another course unless you've met the neccessary criteria to be promoted into that said posistion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast