Quantcast
mexico declares war on emos - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: mexico declares war on emos

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

Default mexico declares war on emos

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?...72#post3129672

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJPeffMSzVA

http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/gene...=844&fid1=30610

Mexico Declares War On Emo
    3/26/2008 By Brock Thiessen

Chances are if you aren’t emo, you hate emo. But you likely don’t hate this straight-haired, massacre-lined subculture as much as the Mexicans do. In recent weeks, a wave of emo bashings has swept across Mexico, several news agencies have reported, fuelled by punks, rockabillies, goths, metalheads and basically anyone who’s not emo.

According to Daniel Hernandez, who’s been covering the anti-emo riots on his blog Intersections, the violence began March 7, when an estimated 800 young people poured into the Mexican city of Queretaro’s main plaza "hunting" for emo kids to pummel. Then the following weekend similar violence occurred in Mexico City at the Glorieta de Insurgents, a central gathering space for emos. Hernandez also reports that several anti-emo riots have now also spread to various other Mexican cities. Via the Austin American Statesmen, several postings on Mexican social-networking sites, primarily organising spot for these "emo hunts," have been dug up and translated. One states: "I HATE EMOS!!! They are not even people, they are so stupid, they cry over meaningless things… My school is infested with them, I want to kill them all!"

Another says: "We’ve never seen all the urban tribes unite against one single tribe before… Emos, their way of thinking is for crap, if you are so depressed please do us all a favour and kill yourselves!"

More recent reports state that the emos have begun to fight back against the other "urban tribes" and organised marches in Guadalajara and Mexico City, escalating the violence and leading to increased police presence. Also, some Mexican newspapers, such as El Porvenir, have called for government intervention to protect the emos, writing, "It’s the responsibility of the authorities to make sure the threats aren’t carried out and the aggressions are punished."

Several clips of the violence have surfaced on YouTube, but since we at Exclaim! spent our high school days studying French rather than Spanish, we can only make out the repeated mention of "emos."
    Last edited by sh0ko; 03-29-2008 at 07:43 PM.
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    STi

another reason for emos to cry now

My Ride
    women nuts

"no one understands us"
    "we hate the world"

another reason to cut their hands now ...

My Ride

k good hahaha im not the only one who finds this hilarious haha
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

viva Mexico

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

did you guys see how much ass buddy got after getting his emo butt kicked?....

My Ride
    C63 AMG

yeah, too bad he's a fag!

My Ride

Originally posted by Nismo S13
    yeah, too bad he's a fag!

My Ride
    pedals

if there is one thing that inspires confidence in a nation, its a band of people assaulting and injuring others for meaningless reasons. sure emo's are annoying, but then so are goths, metal heads, etc. its like the pot calling the kettle black

Originally posted by hjr
    if there is one thing that inspires confidence in a nation, its a band of people assaulting and injuring others for meaningless reasons. sure emo's are annoying, but then so are goths, metal heads, etc. its like the pot calling the kettle black
    ...so you're emo?

i neither support nor stand against these riots... i have my personal reasons.
    its a fad... people love the attention... positive or negative. it will die soon enough.

LOL at EMO, goth and metal heads

Emo is like metal heads without the heterosexuality, mullets and love for retarded music

Goth is like metalheads - machismo + wannabe witchcraft and nerdiness

Metalheads are like...stuck in the fucking 80's. Grab a clue, douches.