Quantcast
Reset needed after changing the stock air box? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Reset needed after changing the stock air box?

My Ride
    Subaru WRX STI IV (E-GC8)

Question Reset needed after changing the stock air box?

I was talking to a friend today and he suggested me to check if I should reset the car sensors after installing an open air filter to replace the stock air box. Usually it is done by unplugging the - side of battery and then pressing the brake pedal for 10 seconds on a Mazda. Anyone heard of something like that?

tia

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

My Ride
    2010 Mazda 3

My ECU had to be reset after my CAI was installed, which is the case with all CAI installations. I don't know about your application however, but I'm thinking you should do the same.

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

by now you could have done it and got it over with man...do it anyways just in case, but your computer should be able to figure out that it's getting more air and adjust accordingly

My Ride

Originally posted by rice_eater
    by now you could have done it and got it over with man...do it anyways just in case, but your computer should be able to figure out that it's getting more air and adjust accordingly
    Yeah it depends on the car maker though. I know for sure the Mercedes cars can do it on the fly. I doubt Mazda implemented that but who knows. The battery is already disconnected now and I pressed the brake pedal several times ;-) Will replug everything tonight and drive 20-25 km so that the car computer can readjust in any case.

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

I've recet my ECU numerous times and never pumped my brake...why you guys do it is beyond me....Building pressure in your breaks doesn't affect the computer in any way...

My Ride

Originally posted by rice_eater
    I've recet my ECU numerous times and never pumped my brake...why you guys do it is beyond me....Building pressure in your breaks doesn't affect the computer in any way...
    The reason is simple : why you press the brakes, is that the brakes take alot of power/curent, so when you press them after the battery is disconnected, it will drain any power left over in capacitors and other circuitry.

it's true for my MX6... that's what i do to reset my ECU...

[ FallenAngel ]

My Ride
    2010 Mazda 3

I just need to disconnect the (-) terminal on my honda, then reconnect it after one second

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

for my lude i just pull the fuse marked clock radio in the under hood fuse box. should be something similar for other hondas?
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    2010 Mazda 3

Originally posted by littledan
    for my lude i just pull the fuse marked clock radio in the under hood fuse box. should be something similar for other hondas?
    Yeah, you can also pull the fuse, but that takes way longer than just unplugging the negative terminal on ur battery. Here's how to do it that way: http://www.performancesupply.com/howecu.htm