Quantcast
Driven to Perform - Calgary - May 24 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Driven to Perform - Calgary - May 24

My Ride
    Highlander

Default Driven to Perform - Calgary - May 24

Hey Guys!

I know Arif has a thread going for the beyond participation in DTP, but we thought it was time for us to get an official thread up here so that we can keep you guys up to date on all the news and announcements!

This year's show is shaping up to be a fantastic event. Lots of new things to do and see, and some of your favorite stuff from the past will be returning!

We're looking forward to seeing all of you out at one (or more) of our shows! This year we've added a 4th city to the tour. In addition to Calgary (May 24), Vancouver (May 31) and Edmonton (June 14), Winnipeg has been added as our newest city! The Winnipeg show is scheduled for July 4.

In addition to Calgary, we definitely encourage fellow beyonders to come show their support in some of the more distant cities of the tour. To entice you there, we've got a deal for you. All beyonders who decide to compete in Edmonton will get their registration for half price. (That's only $20!!!) For those who show the intestinal fortitude to travel all the way to Winnipeg will get free registration if they choose to compete in our newest city!

Some other exciting news for all is that everyone who enters their car in the show will get a free 1 year subscription to Performance Auto and Sound! (This includes group entrants as well as solo entries)

Thanks for all the interest so far! Keep checking back for more updates as May 24 draws nearer! The website (www.driventoperform.ca) will be online April 5. If you are registering with beyond, don't use the site to register, talk to Arif for that information!

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

I'm in for Edmonton, whether you jokers want me there or not Thanks for the update, Melinda!
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

My Ride
    04' Aspen White STi

How do i register to enter my car in the show?

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I would love to do a Winnipeg booth...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    I would love to do a Winnipeg booth...
    Winnipeg is kinda far... but I'm down for an Edmonton and possibly a Vancouver road trip this year.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by 88CRX

Winnipeg is kinda far... but I'm down for an Edmonton and possibly a Vancouver road trip this year.

Under the beyond banner Ryan?? If so, and if I have enough peeps who wanna rep...I will gladly do both shows haha...ESPECIALLY VAN...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

I will be in edmonton for a conference in June so i might have enough time to check DTP out there.

Hopefully ill be back in time from vancouver to attend the event here
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    12 civic si

soo, quick question.
    is the kaba modern performance gonna be 18+ like vancouver.
    cause i figured its cause thats a preshow or something right, at a club?

My Ride
    Highlander

There will be a kaba modern performance at both the pre party on the 23 and at the show on the 24th. The 24th is completely all ages, everyone is welcome to attend.

And afaik (I'm not too involved with the pre party) kaba modern will be doing a few dance lessons for those in attendance. NetCandi is presenting this though, so we may have to leave it up to them to elaborate on!

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

Originally posted by Melinda
    There will be a kaba modern performance at both the pre party on the 23 and at the show on the 24th. The 24th is completely all ages, everyone is welcome to attend.

And afaik (I'm not too involved with the pre party) kaba modern will be doing a few dance lessons for those in attendance. NetCandi is presenting this though, so we may have to leave it up to them to elaborate on!
    I was looking all over the DTP site for performance times... Do you know what time they will be at the pre-party and at DTP at the Oval?

Thanks.

My Ride
    A Whineeer

Originally posted by ajooo
    soo, quick question.
    is the kaba modern performance gonna be 18+ like vancouver.
    cause i figured its cause thats a preshow or something right, at a club?
    Legal age in British Columbia: 19.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Netcandi is sure bringing out all the girls
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    2015 Lexus IS350 F-Sport, 2015 Lexus RX 450h

wtf? why winnipeg? lol i think stoon/regina would be way more suitable for DTP...winnipeg is just a hell hole...

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by topher91

I was looking all over the DTP site for performance times... Do you know what time they will be at the pre-party and at DTP at the Oval?

Thanks.
    The performance times for the show have not been set up yet, we will post those as soon as we get that.

As for the pre-party, I have some more information for you guys. Kaba Modern will be doing their workshops throughout the day on thursday and friday before the saturday show and then they will do another one at the evening pre-party. There is a time for beginners and a time for intermediates. (I will post them when I get to work) The evening pre-party is 18+ but the daytime workshops are all ages.

It is possible to buy your tickets for these workshops in advance and I will post the email/phone numbers later on today for you guys!

Originally posted by ray8181
    wtf? why winnipeg? lol i think stoon/regina would be way more suitable for DTP...winnipeg is just a hell hole...
    Having never been there yet (July will be the first time for me) I believe you. However the one thing winnipeg apparently does have is quite a large car scene that would welcome a show like DTP into their city. We're looking forward to the new city, new venue and the new cars, can't wait to see what they come out with

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Winnipegs car scene trumps any of the scenes in SK however Saskatoon is coming along.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    eg

My coz is one of kababayan crew she said that they will be having workshops throughout the DTP tour.
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Question dance workshop

Could you please explain to me what and how I would get hooked up to participate in the Kaba Modern dance workshop? Do I have to pre-register? Show up at the car show? AAAAAAAHHH I want to go to this

Help!!

My Ride
    12 civic si

just one question, are we allowed to go, and come back? are they gonna do like stamps or anything

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by ajooo
    just one question, are we allowed to go, and come back? are they gonna do like stamps or anything
    Yep you'll get a stamp when you come through the door!