Quantcast
My turn to vent - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My turn to vent

Originally posted by BlackFyre
    Can you imagine if these people had real jobs? "Oh sorry, I forgot my surgeon's tools, but I'm sure this plastic spork will do just fine for this operation."
    I think this is one of the things that bugs me the most... is a lot of these bottem feeders are going to try and have productive jobs in the world... and I look at some of the younger hires my company has recruited and they pretty much have the same lazy ass work ethic, it drives me fucking nuts.

Whats wrong with kids these days? I was totally just buggin xrayvsn, cause lets face it when we were all kids we did fuck around at work but we still got shit done. Just as schurchill39 said, we worked hard for our money.

It's really sad when society expects fuck ups on such simple things.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

I don't know about you guys but I have given up on the service industry in this city.

Almost everywhere you go you get poor service by someone who is undertrained.

Eventually this will all get better but until the job market goes down a little I wouldn't expect anything stellar anytime I order fast food.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

I hate eating out in this city more and more when it comes to fast food. It seems like there is not a single place that has quality service anymore. With the shortage of workers they bring in people that don't understand english or just don't want to work or give quality customer service. Their attitudes seem like shit when I wait in line and watch them work. They drag their feet on the ground, or move really slowly and they have this look on their face like their job is the worse thing in the world. It's like they don't even want to work. Ugg it frustrates me. Perhaps when they came to Canada they thought money grew on trees and fell into your lap while you lay in a hammock underneath it

My Ride
    SC 03 eclipse, 06 TJ,Shadow1100, HD FXSTC, Chopper

Originally posted by icecreamvan

that's some mighty strong fingers you have there.
    I get lots of practice from this site.
    Member since 2003.

My Ride
    Toyota Previa

Default Re: My turn to vent

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    I'll keep this relatively short and sweet... but is it too much to ask for people to listen?
    Yes. It's far too much to ask sometimes.
    Having someone listen to you is a privilege. It's an honor to be heard.

... Unless the mother fucker is standing in a booth, being paid to listen to you. Then they better get it right the first or second time. I think there ought to be many more free meals given out for mistakes than there currently are.

A few years ago I'd say "it's a fast food place, you get what you pay for." I don't even eat the shit. But for every time I go with friends, I'm not sure I recall the last time I saw an order come as it was asked for. Usually when I just get an iced tea, and ask for "no ice", I still get it.

I laughed at the guy who joked about a drive-through jockey being a doctor (blackfire?). haha You're giving some people far too much credit.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by frozenrice
    I am type 2 diabetic so I use sweetners instead of sugar in my coffee. I figure it's fair payback for all the times they've screwed up my orders.
    If you have Diabetes, stop eating that shit food

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by xrayvsn

I didn't mess up on purpose... My mind was barely on my job when I was 15. Its hard to concentrate when there were pretty girls around, since at the time, McD's is where everyone my age worked.

Besides, some of my fuckups would be in the customers favor. Something like, "did he say he wanted 2 cheeseburgers or 3? What the hell, I'll just give him 3." Or accidentally putting in large fries instead of medium.

Now I'm sure those people have heart disease and diabetes, and I have to see them as patients. In retrospect, maybe I should have withheld more fries, burgers and shakes than I did...
    Awesome! LOL
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Default Re: Re: My turn to vent

Originally posted by tabouli
    I laughed at the guy who joked about a drive-through jockey being a doctor (blackfire?). haha You're giving some people far too much credit.
    Not everyone stays at the job they had as teenagers. Some of the drive-thru jockeys (myself included) now have gainful employment outside the fast food environment. It isn't impossible for the kid who took your order and, yes maybe fucked it up, is going to be the adult who does your cardiac cath and angioplasty when you're older and have your first MI.

Thanks to the wonderful service in this city, I am now a better cook! And I've saved a lot of money!

I find that if you go to a non-chain establishment, the service will generally be better. At least the people there give 2 cents about their work.

These days, I will not even try drive thru as it's pretty much guaranteed to be screwed up, I'd rather ensure everything is right by ordering in-store.

Also, seems like a lot of people here eat fast food. I think the increasing success of people has increased the reluctance to cook and therefore made these places so busy that they can just hire anyone off the street just to have a warm body to dish out this garbage service.

Unfortunately this trend will continue and service will not get better as people are making $20, $30, $40, $50+ an hour and would rather eat out.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Default Re: My turn to vent

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Thats right Jeff, my turn to sound like Kritafo

I'll keep this relatively short and sweet... but is it too much to ask for people to listen? I mean when I order fast food, the only thing I get is Wendy's spicey chicken combo, no mayo, with iced tea to drink.

This is how I order:

*Insert muffling from speaker, i assume they are greeting me*

"Hi, Could I have a COMBO NUMBER SIX, NO MAYONAISE, ICED TEA TO DRINK...."

*muffling voice comes back on* "Thats 6 piece chicken with coke no ice?"

At this point I know we're going to have a problem.

Needless to say I've lost all faith in the service industry. If I order food, I EXPECT my order to be wrong and always end up pulling over and checking my order before I leave. Or if I "Biggy size it" I pull up to the window, I see a regular drink, correct them polietly at the window... get my food, pull away, park and check my meal. The fries and see they're regular sized as well.

I deal with claims upwards of $200,000 and these people cant even get a $8 combo right? There's a reason why they'll be stuck there for the rest of their lives...

Sorry for the really REALLY stupid and pointless rant... but why are we expecting failure and it's become the norm?

would this be the Wendy's on Mcleod TRail past Genmore? I swear they are all a bunch of retards there. They never get the order right.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    94 5.0 2004 FX4

The absolute worst Mcdickhead's is on macleaod by blockbuster. They used to have this lady who worked there with a clear mental disability, but she always got our order right, and even when we changed our minds and made it really complicated she managed to get it. Anyways she decided to leave that place, and then we got gilbert and the fuckgoofs working the window, they have some sort of law against using a coupon when you get up to the window. The only good thing about this place anymore is getting the whole car to say thanks and then the employee's name when you get the food and see the stunned look on they're face like they forget they're wearing a name tag.

last night i went to DQ to get some ice cream for me n my parents.

"Hi can i get a medium pineapple sundae and a small hawaiian blizzard?"

the dude, probably misunderstood me and thought he only heard 1 pineapple sundae and 1 pineapple blizzard. cuz there is definitely no coconut or banana in my blizzard.

My Ride
    Acura Integra

All you bitches just need to suck it up and walk into the establishment.

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

in the NE there is a ton of immi's running the Drive thru's but its funny cause some actually care since half the franchises are probably owned by there uncle borther cousin dad etc. wendy's in the sunridge revy, always perfect with my order!
    same with mcdicks on 32nd by the old T&T, and the wendys across the street is usually fairly good too.

My Ride
    '11 Civic

What bugs me is walking in to order and the person at the counter gets up and looks at you like you've inconvenienced them. For example, I was at Second Cup the other night. There's this 16 old girl sitting there, eating her dinner and talking on her cell. I'm standing up at the counter for about 2 minutes waiting for her to come serve me. Finally she realizes I'm there and I hear her sigh loudly and tell her friend that she's gotta go. Then she rolls her eyes at me and finally asks to take my order.

I'm so sorry that you needed to get off your ass and help me
    Everything I'm not made me everything I am...

lol, all this talk about service, I want to throw alittle something in the mix

Anyone here goes to Mt. royal and eat at the subway ran by the asian immigrants (not racist, I am asian too)? I swear everytime I go there they fuk up in some shape or form: you ask for mustard and they throw on mayo, you ask them to go easy on the mustard they drench the entire sub with it; you tell them no pickles and they throw in a couple; you tell them to put just alittle bit of salt and pepper and they shower it down like a winter storm.

Than when you go pay for the order it is usually that cheap ass owner who works the tills. I always get the 6 inch chicken breast on whole wheat (on a diet).. and if I remember correctly it comes up to 5.76, which is already a complete rip of for a sub already contaminated with the ingredients that you don't want.

I remember one time, when I was paying for my order, they were busy as fuk, I probably gived him a 10 or something and was already frustrated with the screw ups. The change due back was $4.24. I don't care about the 24 cents, but wasn't gonna let this guy rip me of some more. He had no more pennies left in the till and had to get a roll from the back or something...I just don't understand why he can't he just give me a fuking quarter and let me be on my way!!!!

Also, if you work at this subway.... QUIT.... because the entire college community hates your ass, but before you leave tell your boss he is a cheap ass bitch, and please also encourage him to give out more napkins to paying customers... one napkin is not enough, its not enough to wipe my mouth with, and it's certainly not enough to wipe the blood streaming down his nose when I finally lose it.

I probably should just bring my own lunch, eatting healthy should not have to be this hard!
    Last edited by ctruo; 04-07-2008 at 06:57 PM.

My Ride
    V167

Midnapore Mcdonalds = wicked service now. Seems like it has new AZN owners. They are cool as hell.

That is the ONLY Mcdonalds I will go to. It's annoying as hell to go there but whatever....they get it right every time and it's quick, clean, and friendly.

Midnapore KFC = total SHIT. I have boycotted this place entirely. Usually end up waiting a crazy long time for a basic order which ends up being cold, or they are short of workers, or they are out of chicken. Thumbs down every single time.

My Ride
    Lease

Midnapore taco bell messed up my order last night ordered the new Super Chessy Beef melt but got a regular fajita, but they were super quick, 2 mins drive-thus... I guess it's all the same anyways, beans, flour, lettues, grounded beef, sour cream and all coming out lookin' the same.

My Ride
    ////M

Originally posted by Schwa
    Or check your orders before you drive away

Originally posted by ctruo
    one napkin is not enough, its not enough to wipe my mouth with, and it's certainly not enough to wipe the blood streaming down his nose when I finally lose it.

Uppercut as a reaction!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

Originally posted by Schwa
    Not that this always makes things better. It just means you have to wait in a longer line and stare at your food while it sits in the slots and the person just kind of stares into space...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast