Quantcast
Big Rotary Rant - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Big Rotary Rant

Default Big Rotary Rant

I'm just making this thread to show how ridiculars some mechanic shops are....i normally respect and would not name the shop because that would be low....but get this

So after I finaly purchasing my dream ride a 1992 FD rx7 from 4Kruzn imports about a month in a major leak occurs and im leaving small puddles of oil everywhere i park...damn i think this is what all the rhd threads were about how they are expensive to maintain etc... Seeing as im a student and i worked my ass off to buy this thing...i wanted to prevent a rebuild and took it to a mechanic shop asap

And i know not to take it to some jo blo mechanic anywhere as i've owned an FC throught the years and know better. I took it to calgary's highly controversial rotary shop...RX7 specialties...i talked with Adam and he said oh ya dont worry im gonna shampoo it and have a quick look and see where the leak is coming from.

I come back within a couple hours and i see a huge streak of oil....my car never had streaks coming out as i was driving...he was like ya it just happend and it looks like you need a full rebuild...your front main seal is gone...your rear main seal is gone...your oil metering lines are leaking....your compression is crap. He quoted me 5000$ or said better to just find another engine and rebuild that one. He charged me 200 dollars cash and he wouldnt take debit cuz he said his debit machine didnt work for just shampooing my car and telling me i need a rebuild

i wasnt very happy with that news....i decided to get a second opinion, because for all i know he made it up... cuz he knows where else am i going to go to service a rotary. All i had left was to take my chances with the Kramer mazda dealership....now those guys at least attempted to solve the problem and didnt just quote something outta their ass...but here we go again...

After i dropped the car off they took about a week or more to start finding this leak....they call me back and tell me that it is in fact the front main seal and that they have to remove this bolt holding the eccentric shaft...they said they tried everything to remove that bolt....cant remember exactly but something like 700pounds of torque to it and nothing. They told me if that shaft goes...my whole engine is done with... and that i should just pay 8000$ for their rebuild....yay go dealership. At the end i payed the same i payed at rx7 specialties and more bad news....the best part was a good laugh quoted from them in the invoice i recieved "NOTE THIS IS A JAPAN MODEL RIGHT HAND DRIVE, NO VIN. WE ARE UNABLE TO CROSS REFERENCE PARTS FOR THIS VEHICLE AS IT IS NOT A NORTH AMERICAN MODEL"
    That's exactly what is written in there word for word lol
    guess i should have taken it to a RHD dealership

Ehh too bad i think to myself....better start saving for this rebuild...its not so bad cuz its going to be winter soon and i wont be able to drive the car anyways. Months go by and to be honest "A" I didnt work much...was focused on my school and "B" im not that good at saving...so didnt make enough money for a rebuild and so now that it's spring...I've been looking forward to driving this car again. My friend started looking into a few places in edmonton and i go full circle. Conroy from 4kruzn Imports..the only reason i didnt consider him was cuz he was so far away. But After talking to him on the phone i figure what have i got to lose and plus i'll go visit my friend in edmonton hangout for a weekend have some fun and if i'm lucky get this car fixed.

So I dropped the car off last week and yesterday I get a call...car is fixed...this is a post my friend had on 780 tuners and conroy's response to the thread

"well guys here is what kramer mazda somehow failed to see........

well somehow it always seems to amaze me how certified mazda dealerships cant figure out how to get one simple bolt out. well thats the end of my venting. your car will be ready to go in the morning."

WOOW

I'm not even kidding from now on if i need anything done to my car....im going on a 3 hour drive north for the best service and one of the most honest mechanics ever.

Big thanks to 4kruzn imports and Conroy for selling me this car and fixing it aswell

My Ride
    Subaru GR

lol....too bad it costs you $400, but I guess better $400 then $8000
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    4Runner

Yes his car is ready and he's also getting a FMIC install tomorrow YAY!
    Q I can't wait to drive this!

Oh -QA- also failed to mention that conroy charges $3500 for a full rebuild. That sure beats paying $5000-$8000 in calgary!
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

My Ride
    FD3S

Everyone can bitch about adam all they want, there certainly are some things I agree and disagree with but the engine he built me is incredible, hes pricey but definatly worth it.

Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

My Ride
    4Runner

Originally posted by Honda_002
    Everyone can bitch about adam all they want, there certainly are some things I agree and disagree with but the engine he built me is incredible, hes pricey but definatly worth it.
    were not saying he's a bad mechanic. anyone thats been in the business for as long as he has should be good. BUT what were saying is he is not trustworthy, he lies, and he's shady about his business.
    Who cares if he can do the job, but is he honest, can you trust him. the answer is no.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

My Ride
    1996 mx3 GS

Default honesty

If a mechanic is dishonest it makes other mechanics look bad, real bad. When I first arrived here in calgary I messed up my truck on purpose and went around getting opinions from mechanics on what the problem was (knowing full well what it was, I disconnected 2 vac lines) after testing several shops in the NE part of the city, and getting everything from a blown engine to needing a new computer, I came across 1, yes "1", honest guy, the shop where he works is called "our mechanic" the owners name is dwight and I highly recommend him to anyone. He is an old ford guy but if he does not know how to fix something or what the problem is he will straight out tell you with no BS. Very likeable guy and honest.
    Life is to short for BS

My Ride
    00 Protege

Sounds typical

Sucks you spent that much cash on diagnostic....

It seems all people in this trade are good at anymore is changing parts, noone can diagnose..... or at least they can't admit it when they don't know.....