Quantcast
Dissapointed with Car Quality at the past car shows! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissapointed with Car Quality at the past car shows!

Default Dissapointed with Car Quality at the past car shows!

I would like to speak my mind for a bit if i could...im not sure if i am the only one out there or not who thinks this so please i would like to hear peoples feedback on this issue. I feel that the aftermarket industry has slipped into a pathetic state in regards to quality of show cars. Im not sure what it is..but there is a lot of low budget, as i like to call them, supposive show cars out in Calgary. Take example this past car show in Calgary at the roudup center, out of like a hundred cars there was maybe only a handful that could be deemed good enough for show in my opinion. I really dont think it is a money issue, but peoples opinion of good quality is slipping. For example, i overheard the owner of maza miata (wont mention which crew) talking about his new fiberglass stereo and how some reputable guy did it in calgary. No offence, but there was gaps along the trunk seems, the hinge holes looked like a 2 year old cut them, and if you look from the side you get a wonderful view through the hinge holes of tinfoil left on the box from fiberglassing. Its little stuff like this that makes the biggest difference. Also, i saw a red honda civic with a wrag roof on it to look like it was a convertible...but it was still a hard top (yo uknow the look)....yah, that was a cool ol skool concept trying to be brought back, but if your going to do something like that, at least do it right....once again, it looks like a garage job. And people, if you are going to paint your interior, dont use krylon paint or other cheap automotive paint, it looks cheap, and yes....we can tell.....at least use real automitive paint (like sherwin williams) and buy a spray bomb and do it.....it probably costs just a little bit more but it makes a hell of difference. And also another thing, if you dont have a full kit....dont bother putting it in the show....it looks cheap, a front bumper does not constitute a body kit....i saw a car ( i think it was here or in Lethbridge) it was a type R and for an attempt at a body kit there was a front bumper..if that wasnt bad enough, the paint was like day and night from the factory paint. Well bottom line is that just because you have an import, doesnt mean you have a showcar....there is some crews i feel that should just not be in car shows, yah thats awsome you support, but dont think you are going to win.....and most of all... dont think that people are actually going to buy from your tunershop when you dont have that great of showcars to begin with....let me know what you guys think....and for all of you who have these "non show cars", its just little stuff that makes the difference, its not that hard, or that expensive......so dont bite what i am saying, its not too expensive....your standards are just too low...

My Ride
    Corvette

Why does everyone have to cry, bitch and complain about the car shows?

My Ride
    '08 Mazda 3 GT

Dude...you need to chill out and stop baggin' on a certain "crew" first off!!!
    Secondly...what car do you drive? Do you even have an idea of how much work went into that "Maza" Miata as you like to call it?? And were you at SCN?? Where that red & black "rag top" won best civic??
    For fuck sakes man...atleast people like me are making an attempt to enter shows for the experience and the fun of it. We aren't bitter and bottled up inside waiting for car shows to let my emotions go. I don't want to cause a fight here but lay off and get a grip!! Some people like to see the cars go through stages and what has changed from show to show.

My Ride
    Highlander

The car shows seem to be doing better and better IMO...if you dont like it, dont go and miss out...no skin off our backs..

1. Spell Check
    2. It's called a paragraph
    3. Don't hate. Why don't you show everyone how to build a good show car.
    4. I agree with your points about the quality of work done to many of the show cars.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Re: Dissapointed with Car Quality at the past car shows!

Originally posted by hondaprelude08
    but there is a lot of low budget, as i like to call them, supposive show cars out in Calgary.
    Low budget does not mean low quality. I respect the guys that put very little money into their cars, with huge results, be it bodywork show, or engine work show.
    Take example this past car show in Calgary at the roudup center, out of like a hundred cars there was maybe only a handful that could be deemed good enough for show in my opinion.
    Well that's your opinion. I felt the quality of cars at Import Showoff were excellent. A great mix of show cars, audio cars, track cars, project cars, and even a few exotics. There were even a large handful that had each of those elements.
    And also another thing, if you dont have a full kit....dont bother putting it in the show....it looks cheap, a front bumper does not constitute a body kit....
    We had a lot of cars in our booths that did not have a full kit. Front or rear bumper, maybe sideskirts. It's all about finding the right balance. Our cars at IS were very subtle. And you know what, a lot of people like the subtle look. If you don't like that look, walk over to the silent rage booth, they have full kits on their cars, which will cater to your tastes. The show was there to cater to EVERYONE, not just yourself.
    there is some crews i feel that should just not be in car shows, yah thats awsome you support, but dont think you are going to win.....and most of all... dont think that people are actually going to buy from your tunershop when you dont have that great of showcars to begin with....
    I felt each shop represented their expertise quite nicely, and should very much be in each of these shows. But hey, that's my opinion, and you obviously don't agree.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    bmw m3

Holy shit dude . Hopefully people wont find out who u are for ur sake.

My Ride
    Honda

This guy is a bitch.

He made a new account for this thread, just so he can hate on some cars.
    Why don't you show us your ride Mr.Import Tuner?

Rage2 was polite, but I'm just going to tell you to fuck off.
    I know exactly most of the cars you're talking shit about, so you aren't fooling anyone. Those guys put more hard work in their cars than you ever will.

Don't go to the shows if they aren't good enough for you.

Asshole.

My Ride
    91 miata

Red face

Hmmm someone hates Silent Rage.

My trunk was done in 4 days. I'd say that's not bad for the time frame that I gave my guy. And if you are wondering he's the same guy that did the Visions Civic that has 16 Subs in it. He's reputable, but he didn't have time to get all the fine details done. But trust me, he's still working on it.

Nicole from Impressions has the same top at marlon...are you cussing her out too?

As for Paul's ITR with just the front...he has the rest of the kit, but there wasn't enough time to get all the parts on the car. Here's another teg with JUST the front bumper. Not show quality?

Yes the body shop made a mistake on the shade of color...is that Pauls fault? No. It will be fixed.

We may not do the absolute best work out there...but look at how we represent. 18 cars. what other shop can boast that. Know what that means? our customers support us. They like shopping with us.

Peace out dood.
    eat_drink_live

My Ride
    TECHART & Misha Design

Man....I'm sooooo ghetto!!!!!

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by ninjak84
    This guy is a bitch.

He made a new account for this thread, just so he can hate on some cars.
    Why don't you show us your ride Mr.Import Tuner?

Rage2 was polite, but I'm just going to tell you to fuck off.
    I know exactly most of the cars you're talking shit about, so you aren't fooling anyone. Those guys put more hard work in their cars than you ever will.

Don't go to the shows if they aren't good enough for you.

Asshole.
    Very diplomatic!
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    '02 Mercedes C230

Hey first of all you should maybe get the proper facts before you start saying things. The Fiberglass trunk was actually just put together that morning of the show and it isn't done yet (never thought of that did you). You can tell Visions that their work sucks as well.

The Type R you are reffering to has a complete body kit but unfortunately our body shop didn't have time to complete it, as well as repaint the color error. You actually think someone pays someone to paint it the wrong color? The painter that was used had a car that he painted win "Best Paint" at SCN so he isn't some back alley painter.

As for the other little things that seem so "not show quality" some ppl aren't quite as rich as you so they have to drive their cars everyday.

Also, some of our cars go to shows not because they expect to win awards but just because we love our cars and the scene. We go to have fun and to chill with our crew. If ppl who didn't have the best cars did not show up to these shows than you wouldn't have a show.

My Ride
    Corolla

Originally posted by silentrage

That's a pretty sweet lookin' Teg. Looks show quality to me.

Don't know what everyone's complaining about, but I think the shows are getting better and better each year. Yes we see alot of the same cars each year, but they are never the same.. there's always something new on them... just look at Spyguy's WRX

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

if you don't like the cars don't go, nobody's putting a gun to your heard!

That guy is an absolute moron! Lemme get this straight: A city (Calgary), that is rather new in the import tuning scene, is supposed to be 110% top notch quality with all show cars worth $50K+ because some loser with the internet and a bored right hand thinks so?? The scene here in Calgary is pretty much in it's infancy and is growing daily. I, for one, enjoy seeing the beginnings of the scene to watch the transofrmation occur. There are some VERY impressive cars in Calgary now and it will only get better. Do you think the scenes in SoCal and NY were huge right off the bat? Here's the answer for you IDIOT, since I know you won't get it: NO, THEY WEREN'T.

Go back to your supscriptions and have your wet dreams about all the "WORTHY show cars" you find in there and have a nice life.

My Ride
    EF

the only thing i *really* bothered me about the thread...if anyone hasn't said it already.....there are cars out there where a front bumper is only available....

My Ride
    I dont Drive

I just wanted to comend silent rage on a job well done at the show, as it is painfully obvious thats who this moron is talking about. Congrats guys!

My Ride
    91 miata

painfully...

Thanks everyone for all the support.
    eat_drink_live

Silent Rage

My Ride
    jdm d16b

Originally posted by ScCab
    Silent Rage
    Good Job guys!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast