Quantcast
First Secret Street for 2008 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: First Secret Street for 2008

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Default First Secret Street for 2008

May 16th at 5pm the gates open, tech is at 6pm.

Woot!

who will be running again this year. I will be running my 2008 Lancer

The car is rated at:
    0-60 mph: 7.7 sec
    quarter mile: 16.0 sec @ 88.4 mph

But I have never ran it so I dont know the actual time, probably 16.5 as my car is lighter and 5-spd but we are much higher up then motortrend.

The eventual plan is to have it running in the mid to low 15's and then EVENTUALLY to the 14's

edited because I sounded like a noob trying to run 14.9 in a 160hp car. haha
    Last edited by The Cosworth; 04-09-2008 at 11:21 AM.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

ill be in.
    see what my new silvia runs.

My Ride
    06 Avalon

def. in this year
    no gf = more time for the car this summer lol

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

Default Re: First Secret Street for 2008

Originally posted by brendankharris
    May 16th at 5pm the gates open, tech is at 6pm.

Woot!

who will be running again this year. I will be running my 2008 Lancer, hoping to get into the really low 15's or high 14's but we'll see.

The car is rated at:
    0-60 mph: 7.7 sec

But I have never ran it so I dont know
    I will be spectating as I no longer have the civic to race

Are the numbers you quoted the rating magasines have given it or factory ratings?

If it's factory ratings, you can expect to run a low to mid 16 second pass man sorry

Race City is a crappy track for traction and elevation. Are you planning any mods?

I might end up racing the Fit once this season for fun and I will be looking for some blistering 19 second passes!

My Ride
    WRX STI

Last year i ran 15.1 with my Stock Black gti Turbo. Hope to run the same with this Silver GTI turbo as well.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Default Re: Re: First Secret Street for 2008

Originally posted by Mr_ET

Are the numbers you quoted the rating magasines have given it or factory ratings?

If it's factory ratings, you can expect to run a low to mid 16 second pass man sorry

Race City is a crappy track for traction and elevation. Are you planning any mods?
    haha yeah they were motortrends times. I have a different version of that car. Mine is the ES, which is a BIT lighter and has a manual where that one has a CVT.

I have a cold air intake, exhaust, Kuhmo Ku13's, springs (for a better launch I hope), and hope to have a short throw and chip before then too. NO LSD which sucks ass though.

Who knows what my car will run, I would like to be in the 15's and eventually finish in the high 14's but I will have to see where I start out.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default Re: First Secret Street for 2008

who will be running again this year. I will be running my 2008 Lancer, hoping to get into the really low 15's or high 14's but we'll see.

You will be lucky to run in the mid to high 16 second range.

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

i hope to run a 14's. my friend ran a 14.1 w/ stock silvia and just a FMIC.

My Ride
    1098S

Default Re: Re: Re: First Secret Street for 2008

haha yeah they were motortrends times. I have a different version of that car. Mine is the ES, which is a BIT lighter and has a manual where that one has a CVT.

I have a cold air intake, exhaust, Kuhmo Ku13's, springs (for a better launch I hope), and hope to have a short throw and chip before then too. NO LSD which sucks ass though.

Who knows what my car will run, I would like to be in the 15's and eventually finish in the high 14's but I will have to see where I start out.
    Unless you get nitrous or forced induction, i don't see your car anywhere near the 14's.
    You would have to assume from the factory you wouldn't even hit the 16.0. That is the best a professional driver can do at most likely the best conditions and you won't have that at all.
    So with you minor mods pray you can get into the high 15's.
    Originally posted by S2K2
    Haha I am pushin more hp than your car will ever see I have carbon fiber u don't...
    Originally posted by Sebasshole
    But give her a thumb in the eye just to be safe.

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

Yeah I ran 14.9 at 93 mph last year in a 2000 pound civic that was turbo and probably making about 140whp.

your car is heavier, makes probably less wheel hp so I would be very impressed if it runs a 15 second time with your current setup.

It's a very very humbling track. My car was a 13 second car at sea level...

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

^^ haha fair enough. Like I said I am not sure at all what to expect out of this car. Just hoping to hit 14.9 once this season.

Everybody has to have a goal
    Cos...

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Altitude is a big factor. Especially with NA cars.

My Ride
    91 240sx w/sr20

Default Re: Re: Re: First Secret Street for 2008

With mods listed.. i predict 16.3

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

^^ haha fair enough. Like I said I am not sure at all what to expect out of this car. Just hoping to hit 14.9 once this season.

Pretty soon you'll be like us looking for a low DA to try and reduce the elevation :P

run it on a cold night, get it to hook good, don't miss a gear and then pray for a decent time :P

I used to spin all of first, most of second and a portion of third at that track and I had decent kumho SPT tires on the car. I hooked up better on the street on the way home after

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Drop it out of a plane and you'll run a 14.9. Need serious mods to get that to run any faster than factory. Especially at this altitude, as previously mentioned. You cant plan on racing with hopes and dreams!

I'm not gonna run my car the first month at secret street, cuz it'll just be too busy. Plus it will give me time fix my huge traction issue (1st and 2nd are useless) and add all the parts that I have accumulated over the winter and as usual put off doing cuz it was too cold. Hmm, it's nice this weekend, maybe I'll start somthin... then again, hockey is on.. hmph
    Last edited by DonJuan; 04-09-2008 at 11:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

You're either gonna have to find a track at sea level or slap a turbo on that thing, or both.

Best of luck with that though.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by DonJuan

Drop it out of a plane and you'll run a 14.9. Need serious mods to get that to run any faster than factory. Especially at this altitude, as previously mentioned. You cant plan on racing with hopes and dreams!

I'm not gonna run my car the first month at secret street, cuz it'll just be too busy. Plus it will give me time fix my huge traction issue (1st and 2nd are useless) and add all the parts that I have accumulated over the winter and as usual put off doing cuz it was too cold. Hmm, it's nice this weekend, maybe I'll start somthin... then again, hockey is on.. hmph
    Yeah like I said, I have never run a car at secret street. I have only ever run bikes, so I dont really know what to expect.

How many passes do you think I could get out of a plane??

also I dont think of minor mods to get me into the 14's I am thinking of at least 3 weeks of downtime and probably 6 or 7 grand.

I just want to run 15.9 as the car sits now (maybe maybe maybe) and then with my future mods get to the low 15's and if the plan goes the way I want break into the 14's but who knows. If the parts dont come out then it will all be custom and there goes the 14 second dream for this year.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Stop now. Trade up to an Evo.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

If I still have my Bluebird by then, maybe I'll bring it down and see what it runs.

Originally posted by benyl
    I agree, alot of cash for that horse though. I hear the upcoming Ralliart is supposed to be a better option than previous models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by benyl
    I had the deposit on the white one that is sitting at Platinum, first I am not paying $60,000 for that car (at the end of the day with financing charged, gst, ect.) and it is actually worse equiped then my car.

I dont know what I want to do. My car isn't supposed to be a track monster, I just want to run for something to do between work and bar time.

I have to change my first post, done, to better reflect what the hell I was talking about before I get burned anymore. I am no noob to this so I know getting from 16.xx whatever to 14.9 will be hard. But if I WANT to get my car to that and have a plan for this year.

I am currently working with WORKS out of california on some of their parts so we will see.
    Cos...

Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast