Quantcast
Eat for YOUR blood type! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Eat for YOUR blood type!

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default Eat for YOUR blood type!

Check out this awesome piece of information. My brother just got tested, and Although there is a chance we're not the same our eating habits are exactly the same. Also from trial and error I've determined that I'm type O and don't do well on carbs. It's absolutely true!

http://www.runtheplanet.com/training.../bloodtype.asp

I'm getting tested in May and will update to confirm. Everyone interested in health and nutrition should check this out!

Based on this, I think I might take some Kelp supplements and see how it does. My thyroid is "sluggish" naturally.
    Last edited by Darkane; 04-09-2008 at 06:26 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    09 wrx265

good find and interesting read as well, thanks for sharing

so tempted to get my blood tested to see what type I am

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Type AB - they listed EVERYTHING I enjoy, f that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Type AB - they listed EVERYTHING I enjoy, f that.
    Lol, yeah, take it with a grain of salt. Lots of it makes sense however. I know I can handle yogurt/milk a lot better than my brother. Whey doesn't bother me to to much. Although some "bloatation" occurs
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    a wrx.

My bullshit detector is ringing. It's about 100000000000000x more likely that the difference between you and your brother has to do with your degree of lactose intolerance.

by reading the descriptions i guessed that Im an O type, and after checking I am, so I doubt this is bullshit

My blood type is A and that chart is BS, I have no problems with animal protein. I LOVE milk and cheese and pretty well every single thing on the "foods to avoid" list. I also have absolutely no digestive issues.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

i was told i was type b when i was a kid from my mom and reading this i think its bullshit the only part thats true is that i can digest anything

My Ride
    335i

Nice generalizations

Nothing even close
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    My bullshit detector is ringing. It's about 100000000000000x more likely that the difference between you and your brother has to do with your degree of lactose intolerance.
    Of course that would be the reason. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here Jeff, hence I said take it with a grain of salt lol.
    Last edited by Darkane; 04-12-2008 at 06:23 PM.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

What the hell do binding factors on your red blood cells - of which the function of these cells are to convey oxygen around the body - have to do with your gastro-intestinal system?

This is more pseudo-scientific bullshit - like how holding powerful magnets to my head and drinking water that has had an electrical current passed through it is going to magically dissolve my brain tumor

The sad thing is that people fall for this stuff and make the people that are smart enough to create, propagate and successfully sell this bullshit rich. I know people are sensitive about their health and are willing to do/believe anything if it means they might be healthier, but please, lets use a little common sense.

Snake oil sales for the 21st century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_diet
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blo...e-diet/AN01415
    http://www.quackwatch.org/04Consumer...#39;adamo.html

The blood type diet is a diet advocated by Peter D'Adamo and outlined in his book Eat Right 4 Your Type. Its basic premise is that ABO blood type is the most important factor in determining a healthy diet. The diet is widely derided by dieticians, physicians, and nutritional scientists as having no scientific basis
    Last edited by badatusrnames; 04-12-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 07:55 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Darkane

Of course that would be the reason. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here Jeff, hence I said take it with a grain of salt lol.
    I'm just here to call you out for being a fucking idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, seriously, I just think the article is bullshit.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Load of shit.

There is no science to back this up..... not to mention it is completely wrong for me and a few people whos eating habits I know.

Plus, it makes no sense why Your ABO blood antigen WOULD matter what so ever.

And the idiot pedaling this CRAP is not a doctor (MD), or a PhD, but a ND.... yep... a whack job.

Not to mention he does not knwo SHIT with his errors in anthropology....

meh....

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by badatusrnames
    What the hell do binding factors on your red blood cells - of which the function of these cells are to convey oxygen around the body - have to do with your gastro-intestinal system?

Snake oil sales for the 21st century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_diet
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blo...e-diet/AN01415
    http://www.quackwatch.org/04Consumer...#39;adamo.html

Hahahha... should have read the entire thread before posting lmao.

Right from the MAYO clinic in your link two for those that still "believe".

My Ride

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    I'm just here to call you out for being a fucking idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, seriously, I just think the article is bullshit.
    Yeah. I'd agree it's not conclusive, however I know I get fucking bloated when I eat a can of beans lol. Don't even wanna know about the gas

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Only Type B can eat Bacon.....not fair! There should be a diet that you can only eat foods that begin with the letter of your blood type.

Type A - apples, ass, artichokes....I'm at a loss what else starts with A....

Interesting find.

I don't know if it is true though.

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

Other foods to avoid

Meat: bacon; goose; ham; pork. Seafood: barracuda, catfish, caviar, conch, herring (pickled), lox (smoked salmon), octopus.
    Cheeses & Dairy: American cheese, blue cheese, brie, buttermilk, Camembert, casein, cheddar cheese, colby, cottage cheese, cream cheese, edam, emmenthal, goat milk, gouda, gruyere, ice cream, Jarlsburg; kefir, Monterey Jack, munster, parmesan, provolone, Neufchatel, ricotta, skim or 2% milk, string cheese, Swiss cheese, whey, whole milk, yogurt, all varieties.
    Oils: corn, cottonseed, peanut, safflower;
    Nuts & Seeds: brazil nuts, cashew, litchi, peanuts, peanut butter, pistachios, poppy seeds.
    Beans & Legumes: copper, kidney, navy, tamarind, lentils (domestic, green & red).
    Cereals: cornflakes, cornmeal, cream of wheat, familia, farina, grape nuts, seven-grain, shredded wheat, wheat bran, wheat germ.
    Grains & Pastas: bulgur wheat flour, couscous flour, durum wheat flour, gluten flour, graham flour, soba noodles, semolina pasta, spinach pasta, sprouted wheat flour, white flour, whole wheat flour.
    Vegetables: avocado, cabbage (Chinese, red, white), cauliflower, white & yellow corn, eggplant, domestic & Shiitake mushrooms, mustard greens, olives (black, Greek, Spanish), potatoes (red & white), alfalfa sprouts, brussel sprouts;
    Fruits: blackberries, coconuts, melon (cantaloupe & honeydew), oranges, plantains, rhubarb, strawberries, tangerines;
    Juices: apple, apple cider, cabbage, orange.
    Spices: capers, cinnamon, cornstarch, corn syrup, nutmeg, black & white pepper, vanilla, vinegar (apple cider, balsamic, red & white wine).
    Condiments: ketchup, mayonnaise, pickles (kosher, dill, sweet & sweet pickle relish).
    Herbal Teas: alfalfa, aloe, burdock, coltsfoot, corn silk, echinacea, gentian, goldenseal, red clover, rhubarb, Saint-John's Wort, senna, shepherd's purse, strawberry leaf, yellow dock.
    Beverages: coffee (regular & decaf), distilled liquor, all sodas, black teas.

How the fuck am I supposed to eat if I can't have BACON?!
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.