Quantcast
CPS and excessive force, again - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CPS and excessive force, again

Originally posted by Toma

Will never happen.

Cops are never around when crime is happening, they are too busy writing J walking tickets.
    haha one time the cops were writing my friend a ticket for public urination and about 1 block away there was one guy beating on 3 people
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Ahhh....well if you don't have the temperament for the job, are unable to keep a level head, follow rules, laws, and gulp, yes, the constitution.... if your ego is lacking, and the badge makes your cock another 2" bigger..... then don't become a cop! They screen for this, and have psychological testing (I took it, and went through it), but it is a JOKE. They need to up their standards.

It takes a special person to become a cop, and not let it go to your head, be fair and even handed, keep your cool and stay in control. Unfortunately, a lot of cops don't posses the resolve, moral philosophy and temperament for the job.

No ands ifs or buts.... if you are given the authority that cops are given, you should be held to MUCH HIGHER standards, expectations, and rules then joe blow citizen.

If you or I chucked a guy down the stairs no matter WHAT he said, we would be in jail. Not like these cops involved that are often not even suspended or suspended with pay.... If I would ahve gotten an assault charge and 3 months, the cop should get fired, assault charge, and one year for ABUSE OF AUTHORITY which in my mind is one of the biggest crimes you can commit.

No excuses.
    So then you're calling for less cops on the street. Stricter testing means less successful applicants, less successful applicants + and aging police force (think of all the baby boomers starting to retire), means we're losing more cops than we're replacing AND it means we're replacing experienced cops with inexperienced cops with a higher workload.

Originally posted by gatorade

haha one time the cops were writing my friend a ticket for public urination and about 1 block away there was one guy beating on 3 people
    Maybe he was just impressed that he was outnumbered and still kicking the shit out of them.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by kolumbo69

I think the only reason you bag on the CPS so much is because you couldn't pass the test and become one so you could increase your small dick another 2"
    When I applied, out of 400 applicants, they were filling 7 positions....

I got hired dumb ass!

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by sexualbanana

So then you're calling for less cops on the street. Stricter testing means less successful applicants, less successful applicants + and aging police force (think of all the baby boomers starting to retire), means we're losing more cops than we're replacing AND it means we're replacing experienced cops with inexperienced cops with a higher workload.

Maybe he was just impressed that he was outnumbered and still kicking the shit out of them.
    My position on the Police force is well known....

Free up cops to do cop work.... so, cops no longer give tickets for traffic violations, j walking etc. They do ONLY cop work related to crime, protecting, serving... you know.

The ticket job is given to the bylaw/parking ticket guys.

The only time a cop gives a traffic ticket is if the violation led to an accident that the cop was investigating (which also really should be given to the traffic guys).

Then, a raise in pay (we are the richest province on the planet), and better screening for the fewer cops we will need..... and the job will become more prestigious and will attract better people.

When I wanted to become a cop, I envisioned investigating and solving crime, helping people in need.... not harassing people for rolling through a stop sign.

All I know is, I've had lots of dealings with crackheads (not literal deals of course), they are some of the most infuriating people on the face of the planet. That the CPS hasn't just started exterminating them puts them in line for sainthood in my estimation.

My Ride
    Lease

No ands ifs or buts.... if you are given the authority that cops are given, you should be held to MUCH HIGHER standards, expectations, and rules then joe blow citizen.

No excuses.
    Probably harder to get initated into a well known gang than to get on the force. +1 raise standards, higher wages (tasks of writting stupid tickets given to lower paid meter-maids).

I know of at least 2 CPS who used to be elementary-thru-high school jock bullies.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

When I applied, out of 400 applicants, they were filling 7 positions....

I got hired dumb ass!
    So stricter admissions guidelines would mean a less than 1.75% admission rate....

When I wanted to become a cop, I envisioned investigating and solving crime, helping people in need.... not harassing people for rolling through a stop sign.
    I understand your position, but everyone's gotta start somewhere. In my mind, you gotta do the hands on dirty work before you can start looking at the bigger picture.

I can't imagine detective/police work to be that easy, and I'm sure it's not the type of profession where the 'throw em in the deep end and see if he swims' approach would be the best way.

My Ride
    AE86

Well working for the CPS you should know without those tickets you don't get payed ie' no raise in pay, no new equipment. Plus if you give those people annoying tickets for rolling through stop signs it's in the hope it will stop them from rolling through one that kills a group of kids one of which just might be yours one day.

As a cop I hope you learn their is No grey, just black and white, your opinion on how your job should be done doesn't matter, because you don't get to make the rules just enforce them.

By the way how does your Dick extension and bulging Ego feel, because you act like a typical cop even when your in the wrong you think your right !

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by kolumbo69
    Well working for the CPS you should know without those tickets you don't get payed ie' no raise in pay, no new equipment. Plus if you give those people annoying tickets for rolling through stop signs it's in the hope it will stop them from rolling through one that kills a group of kids one of which just might be yours one day.

As a cop I hope you learn their is No grey, just black and white, your opinion on how your job should be done doesn't matter, because you don't get to make the rules just enforce them.

By the way how does your Dick extension and bulging Ego feel, because you act like a typical cop even when your in the wrong you think your right !
    I never said I was a cop, only that I was hired by the CPS.

You don't know jack shit about me, and your attempts at psychoanalysis, though cute.... well, you are no Freud, that's for sure

Then, a raise in pay (we are the richest province on the planet), and better screening for the fewer cops we will need..... and the job will become more prestigious and will attract better people.

"Fewer cops" ? We already are WAY understaffed as is and you're asking for fewer? Albeit, I do agree the tedious tickets are a bit frustracting... but if you break up their responsibilities you just take away portions of their job. Why would they create a number of different "law enforcement" organizations when you can have 1: The police.

Also, there is different levels of officers from your street cops, to k-9, to forensics. They all do their own part, so your whole imaginary idea of "lawl all cops roam the streets handing out tickets" is pretty far fetched.

So you joined the police force with the idea you will save the world? You want to be a super hero? Well boo hoo, thats NOT the mind set they want hired. New recruits that get hired with your mindset find out it is a ticket issuing job. They arent getting into the stand off, shoot outs with criminals. The breaking up the bar fights every night, etc. So when they ACTUALLY have to enforce they law, they are a bit hyper active about it and come off as dicks (thus all the threads on this forum).

You also don't stand up for this Country very much and don't seem proud about much... and seem quite comfortable with picking a side (that is usually the morally wrong side) and fighting it to the death. So you know what? Thank god you didnt stick with it.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    02 GTI(rip) 03 jetta 1.8T on 19's

the fact is the cop assaulted another person, therefore he should be charged as anybody else would.

Originally posted by sexualbanana

I understand your position, but everyone's gotta start somewhere. In my mind, you gotta do the hands on dirty work before you can start looking at the bigger picture.

I can't imagine detective/police work to be that easy, and I'm sure it's not the type of profession where the 'throw em in the deep end and see if he swims' approach would be the best way.
    Its a good thing he didn't want to become a doctor.

Originally posted by marko polo
    the fact is the cop assaulted another person, therefore he should be charged as anybody else would.
    I hardly classify junkies as "people" and as said before, the junkies are pretty much "police property." they dont have any obligations, or any cares about anything. They'll take a shit infront of your house and not think twice, so if the police don't keep them in check you'll hear an out cry from the public about the cops not doing anything.

Antonito said it best:

All I know is, I've had lots of dealings with crackheads (not literal deals of course), they are some of the most infuriating people on the face of the planet. That the CPS hasn't just started exterminating them puts them in line for sainthood in my estimation.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Will never happen.

Cops are never around when crime is happening, they are too busy writing J walking tickets.
    And traffic tickets for offences that did not occur..

The problem with all of this is that the background info was not given.

The owner of the store was charged with distributed drugs. The building where this happened is rampant with drug dealer and drug buyers. The owner asked the cops not to come to the building and park near it because it was scaring away his customers:

"He said the trouble started last year when he told officers not to park their police cars in front of his store because it scared much of his clientele away, which he admits includes many drug addicts and dealers.

Hussain was charged in March 2007, with one count of selling an instrument for illicit drug use as part of a police crackdown on stores selling glass pipes marketed for tobacco said to be used mainly to smoke crack."

We don't know what happened before the guy went down the stairs. If you look at the video, the cop had to physically pick up the guy. He picks him up and puts him at the stairs. If you watch the video it looks like the guy could not stand up on his own or was refusing to. So when the cop went to take him downstairs... it was a battle. Whether he pushed him to start walking and he didn't, or the guy fell or was pushed; really doesn't matter.

Has anyone noticed that the guy that went down the stairs hasn't filed a complaint? Hasn't been interviewed by the media? Hasn't made a peep about the whole thing?

If this were a case of police brutality... would that person not try and go after the cops? Get that Balfour Der lawyer for himself? Make a little money?

My Ride
    02 GTI(rip) 03 jetta 1.8T on 19's

Originally posted by 403Gemini

I hardly classify junkies as "people" and as said before, the junkies are pretty much "police property." they dont have any obligations, or any cares about anything. They'll take a shit infront of your house and not think twice, so if the police don't keep them in check you'll hear an out cry from the public about the cops not doing anything.

the officer had the choice of "keeping him in check" the legal way, instead he chose to kick him down a set of stairs which is assault.

^^ clearly, a fine, upstanding citizen.

some of you are sheep.

Hopefully the police keep this up. I'm tired of seeing people these days going around pushing the envelope of what's right and wrong knowing a certain higher law will protect them. IMHO, it's the reason why we have so many cocky young jerks running around... Hardly any parent I know beats (errr... I should say discipline appropiately) their kids these days

I'm pretty sure most of you know what I mean, getting in trouble back in the day meant coming home to "the wrath of the fist" or "the dancing whirlwind belt buckle" hahah

Originally posted by marko polo

the officer had the choice of "keeping him in check" the legal way, instead he chose to kick him down a set of stairs which is assault.
    Barely. If he'd actually caused the guy harm, I'd be more inclined to care, but as it is, you're just being whiny

Originally posted by Antonito

Barely. If he'd actually caused the guy harm, I'd be more inclined to care, but as it is, you're just being whiny

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast