Quantcast
Recommend spring lawn care - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Recommend spring lawn care

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Default Recommend spring lawn care

I know I can look it up in the yellow pages, but I prefer RECOMMENDATIONS of somebody that can come and do a one time aerate, power rake and spring fertilizer application. I'm looking for someone honest, knowledgeable, reliable and reasonable. If anybody can recommend someting along those lines, it'd be appreciated.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Green Drop will take care of your lawn for the entire season for like $350. Honestly, it's the best deal going- that includes an aeration (you don't need to power rake if you're aerating) and four fertilizations.

I was trying to decide between Green Drop and the Weedman, but I eventually went with the Weedman instead.

Which ended up being a mistake. The applications were never applied when they said they would, and I'd call in once a week for three weeks asking if it was going to be done yet (they kept saying they were behind schedule but it would be done next week at the latest) and repeat. Of course I cancelled at the end of fall and ended up having a credit on my account because they never managed to do all the applications I paid for that spring/summer.

And I'm still getting about 20+ calls from them in the past 6 months to see if I want to sign up again even after I've requested to be taken off their phone list twice.

Yeah Green Drop is good. I work for them in the summer. They are pretty reliable especially if you are a new customer, they try to get to your lawn within 2-3 days.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by Amysicle
    I was trying to decide between Green Drop and the Weedman, but I eventually went with the Weedman instead.

Which ended up being a mistake. The applications were never applied when they said they would, and I'd call in once a week for three weeks asking if it was going to be done yet (they kept saying they were behind schedule but it would be done next week at the latest) and repeat. Of course I cancelled at the end of fall and ended up having a credit on my account because they never managed to do all the applications I paid for that spring/summer.

And I'm still getting about 20+ calls from them in the past 6 months to see if I want to sign up again even after I've requested to be taken off their phone list twice.
    You should take that to the Better Business bureau.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

When I was doing sales with Greendrop I used to pull some dumb shit- getting new customers from different zones all over the city, yet the trucks would be there within 2/3 days and have the first application down and ready to go.

The fact is that a Greendrop lawn is damn near famous for a reason

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by Amysicle

Maybe just too much work load these couple years, never really had huge problems with Weedman with no show (they always put the sign and prepaid reciept on door) all these years... averages ~$200/yr; they do their job.

Though I think last year, someone called me outta the blue and was like: "Hey, any possiblities of how about you not writting in those little logos on our cheques?"

Didn't know WTF he was talkin' about, he caught me on a bad day, I just wanna chill when I'm back in town, but I caught on so I says: "How about me telling my parents not using you guys with our other rentals in Calgary?"

"well sir, it gives people the wrong impression what type of business we're in ya know"... "oh, what business is that duddddde, man???"..... "well, appreicate your business, have a great day."

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

With Green Drop you should be able to get 5 fertilizations/weed control and an aeration for under $300.

pm me if you're interested, I might be able to get a deal still.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    2014 GLK350, 2013 GL550, 07 SL65AMG, 2013 f-150

Spring Clean-up

Jeff 207-5773

Great work and very honest. I have used him for years. He takes great care of his clents.