Quantcast
Screening my soil of big rocks - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Screening my soil of big rocks

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Originally posted by Kritafo

Maybe your house was part of the Happy Valley Site...we are back onto the greenspace of the highway and stoney trail...it's freaking brutal.

Funny how it can be so different. We are 7 years Valley Ridge, so not the first phase. Anytime we even talk about trees and shrubs my husband freaks at the thought of all the rocks.
    OH! that explains it. Yea, that side is brutal. I built alot of houses on that side. It's really really rocky. Where I am, we get the occasional rock, but nothing major.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

Bobcat that fucker right down and toss on at least a foot of soil all around. It's what we did all last summer when people needed sod put down and their yards were covered in rocks. You could try to pick them all out, but it SUUUUCCCKKKSSSS!

BTW don't do this:

now...the fun part.. we bought a full size tree, it required a 5 foot deep hole by 5 foot wide. We thought a couple nights of digging would do it. 3 piks and many shovels later, plus 8 nights of digging until the sun went down we had our hole.
    Need something with an engine for digging in Calgary. Even those 'hedge-hog' augers with the lawn mower engines in them ain't the greatest. It goes a lot smoother with a BIG tree hole auger attachment and ~6000lbs of Bobcat behind it.
    Last edited by Benny; 04-14-2008 at 11:55 PM.

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

Let me know if you need to get something done, All the machinery needed is only 20 feet away from me

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

Originally posted by Benny
    Bobcat that fucker right down and toss on at least a foot of soil all around. It's what we did all last summer when people needed sod put down and their yards were covered in rocks. You could try to pick them all out, but it SUUUUCCCKKKSSSS!

BTW don't do this:

Need something with an engine for digging in Calgary. Even those 'hedge-hog' augers with the lawn mower engines in them ain't the greatest. It goes a lot smoother with a BIG tree hole auger attachment and ~6000lbs of Bobcat behind it.
    I forget which tree farm we had bought the tree from but they tried to dig the hole they had to stop and tell us it needed to be done by hand so it wouldn't wreck the equipment they had to do it. They had a bobcat with something like a post hole digger and it kept stopping...sparks were flying..most entertaining!

My Ride
    W204

Man that looks like my yard alright... Except now imagine it was a fucking pie lot. Total square footage of whole lot including house is 6,800 sq ft. Check out the pics:

Down the right side (you can see where the lot line is.. just look at where all the big rocks are):
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    W204

Down the other side:
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    W204

The pile that's taken me about 4 hours to collect so far (and I've been hauling it up the side of the house which happens to be steep b/c of my walk out basement):

My Ride
    W204

And finally the actual yard.. My lot starts where the fence bends at 45 degrees, and goes right to the ride side of the photo.

Umm... I am going to try and see if I can pull some strings with the land developer since my wife works there, but it's not looking good. Yeah redline_13000 you've got PM..

this your ad Clem?

Free River Rock (Calgary NW)
    Reply to: [email protected]
    Date: 2008-05-01, 12:15AM MDT

Free River Rock- NW Calgary

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 662861541

My Ride
    W204

Nope. Redline_13000 is gonna come screen my loam and haul the shit away!!!

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Ah, should've just had your wife do it.

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

Ya Ill be getting it done for clem next week, if anyone else wants the same thing done shoot me a pm!

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2