The Island Rallysport Club is organising a 100% Paved TSD rally on Vancouver Island on August 23rd and 24th. This event should encourage all those who, in the past, have been reluctant to compete in IRC's gravel events.

Tsunami is a fully sanctioned event by Rally Pacific Motorsports. It is officially Round 4 of the Yokohama Tire BC Rally Championship, and with Yokohama being series sponsor, they also award prizes - 4 tires for the overall winning team and 2 tires for each subsequent class winning team. Trophies will be awarded to the Overall winning driver and navigator, and dash plaques to all entrants. Tire winners can choose any Yokohama products except truck or commercial vehicle tires.

All you will need is, a car which is safe for operation on public roads, a basic first aid kit, a 5BC fire extinguisher and a 12" reflective triangle and of course a navigator - preferably someone who can stay awake after ingesting a gravol or two. A full size spare tire is highly recommended as well as an interior/map light with which your navvie can read the route book. Driving lights (see regs.) are also recommended.

Unless your odometer and tripmeter are very accurate or if you are competing in the Paper/SOP class, I would highly recommend an accessory odometer. From personal experience, the ONLY inexpensive accessory odo that I have found to date which is accurate above 90 km/h is the SigmaSport BC800, available thru Fort Street Cycle in Victoria or Pedal Your World in Campbell River. If you have a proper rally computer, all the better!

The rally is 100% legal and all target speeds are at or below posted speed limits, so please - no demon drivers. Think of it as more of a precision driving adventure for two! It starts in Victoria on Saturday, August 23rd at 6:30 pm and ends in Nanaimo at 3:30 am on the 24th. There will be approx. 400 km of timed stages in addition to transit sections.

For more info.: Post on Specialstage from one of the organizers

Supplementary Regulations: http://members.shaw.ca/Tsunami2003/tsunami_supps.PDF

Registration Form: http://members.shaw.ca/Tsunami2003/t...gistration.PDF

Please feel free to email me if you have questions.