Quantcast
TD Insurance totally screwed me over with bike insurance.. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: TD Insurance totally screwed me over with bike insurance..

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Default TD Insurance totally screwed me over with bike insurance..

So I have been with TD for a year for a dirtbike and like 8 years cars, house. So I have my YZ insured with them, I go to add the gas gas and they said they wont insure the gas gas, that it's on their dont insure list. They also said that they noticed I don't have my class 6 so they threatened to remove my insurance ont he YZ so I said well if you are not going to insure the gas gas then I will find a new insurance company for both bikes anyways. So I sign up with primum takes like 35 min on the phone, both bikes no problem, class 6 never even comes up in the conversation, Primmum is a sister company to TD. I only insure to ride in the trails at this point.

1 day later TD calls me leaves a message giving me the gears about the class 6. I then just called an canceled the insurance.

5 days later I get this call on my answering machine. "hello this is Mike from TD....I mean Primmum, we...I mean....I just happened to look over your policy and find you don't have your class 6, we cant insure you, please call us"

What a forking scam so TD told primmum about me not have a class 6, when he said "we" that means someone was trying real hard to throw me under the bus there, despite I canceled with TD....

Man do I feel bullied by a large corporation...that seemed to even take the time out of their day to screw me over....We don't even need class 6's to ride in the trails!! This whole trail registration/insurance feels quite mismanaged by the government. May be my rights were violated by TD may be they were not, but man I feel like they have been....

Looking for a new insurtance company...I'm getting my class 6 but not for a month.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Primmum = TD Insurance

So basically, you cancelled with TD and tried reapplying with them.

My Ride
    335i

Dirty companies...Refusing to insure unlicensed drivers FTL
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

TD has the best customer service of any insurance company I've ever been with. They wouldn't refuse without a good reason, and you gave them one by not having a class 6. That's how it works.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

My Ride
    ////M

Originally posted by 97'Scort
    TD has the best customer service of any insurance company I've ever been with. They wouldn't refuse without a good reason, and you gave them one by not having a class 6. That's how it works.
    If you don't need your class 6 to ride trails, why would they deny him?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

My Ride

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Dirty companies...Refusing to insure unlicensed drivers FTL

Very funny, looks like you guys might be a little slow on the times...So don't comment if you have no clue on the rules! DRRRRR.....

YOU DO NOT NEED A CLASS 6 TO RIDE A DIRT BIKE OFFROAD, THIS IS THE LAW. TRAILS OR TRACK.

You dont even need a class 6 to drive on the street with a friend who has a class 6. People under 16 cannot obtain class 6's. So does that mean if your 14 you get get any insurance for your bike? To protect it from theft even? With these rules yes.
    Last edited by Hollywood; 04-15-2008 at 01:10 PM.

Originally posted by Euro_Trash

If you don't need your class 6 to ride trails, why would they deny him?
    So from TDs end you have a guy with no license to ride a bike, wanting to ride trails. I would say trails are just as easy to get injured on than a city street.

Sorry but I take TDs side.

That's like saying. I have a truck, but won't drive it on roads. I'm just going to bomb around the bush with it, but fucking TD won't give me insurance on it because I don't have a drivers license. As far as they know, I don't even know how to drive. Fucking assholes.

It's covering their ass. They are the ones dishing out the insurance, I think they can make that rule with good reason.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    Primmum = TD Insurance

So basically, you cancelled with TD and tried reapplying with them.
    They are somewhat separate, as TD did not approve the gas gas but Primmum did. But as mentioned they are a sister company and I have primmum policy for the bikes at the moment.

My Ride
    ////M

Is that the same though? (I honestly don't know) Is it legal to ride trails on a bike without a class 6, but illegal to drive a truck on trails without a license?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

My Ride

Originally posted by Rat Fink

So from TDs end you have a guy with no license to ride a bike, wanting to ride trails. I would say trails are just as easy to get injured on than a city street.

Sorry but I take TDs side.

That's like saying. I have a truck, but won't drive it on roads. I'm just going to bomb around the bush with it, but fucking TD won't give me insurance on it because I don't have a drivers license. As far as they know, I don't even know how to drive. Fucking assholes.

It's covering their ass. They are the ones dishing out the insurance, I think they can make that rule with good reason.
    Ahh but I have a class 5 for over 10 years, I know the rules of the road...There is a difference. A class 6 does not teach you how to ride a bike...just tells you the rules and tips.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by Hollywood

Very funny, looks like you guys might be a little slow on the times...So don't comment if you have no clue on the rules! DRRRRR.....

YOU DO NOT NEED A CLASS 6 TO RIDE A DIRT BIKE OFFROAD, THIS IS THE LAW. TRAILS OR TRACK.

You dont even need a class 6 to drive on the street with a friend who has a class 6. People under 16 cannot obtain class 6's. So does that mean if your 14 you get get any insurance for your bike? To protect it from theft even? With these rules yes.
    Wow, you really are your brother's brother

Just because it's legal to ride a dirtbike on a trail, doesn't mean that an insurance company is obligated to cater to unlicensed drivers. Get used to it, more companies are refusing to insure unlicensed drivers because the risks are high enough as it is.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Wow, you really are your brother's brother

Just because it's legal to ride a dirtbike on a trail, doesn't mean that an insurance company is obligated to cater to unlicensed drivers. Get used to it, more companies are refusing to insure unlicensed drivers because the risks are high enough as it is.
    Yes I am, and Im fine with it. I was an asshole long before he was on here.

You are missing the point, If they dont insure cause of class 6 thats fine, but to spend the time to screw me over at primmum after I cancel with them is the issue.

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

The problem here stems from liability. You can get theft insurance on anything no problem. But as soon as you say "comprehensive" coverage, then they want some assurance that you know what you're doing before they put a million bucks of their cash on the line.

Maybe they don't HAVE to, by law or whatever, require a class 6, but perhaps it's a company policy. Have a read over the policy you had before, there might be a clause in there about having a class 6.

Anyways, if you want no-hassle bike insurance, call the AMA. Never had an issue with them either.
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

You are missing the point, If they dont insure cause of class 6 thats fine, but to spend the time to screw me over at primmum after I cancel with them is the issue.
    Wow, two posts before I got my reply in Anyways, I'm willing to bet they have linked systems, so they just typed something in at TD, and the other guys could see it too. Probably took all of 5 seconds.

They are somewhat separate, as TD did not approve the gas gas but Primmum did. But as mentioned they are a sister company and I have primmum policy for the bikes at the moment.
    They're not somewhat seperate at all. Just like how ING is also Nordic, Novex, Allianz, Wellington... well the list goes on.

It's the same company, chances are they are the same adjusters looking after claims for both TD and Primmum, just different policy numbers... seeing as how i'm looking at my reference book and they share the same address.

edit: Reason why Primmum may have accepted the gas gas and TD didn't is Primmum MAY BE (im not sure how Meloche doesn it) TD's version of "facility" files - which are considered to be higher risk (atv's, dirt bikes, motorcycles, etc).
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

I dont know about best customer service, i use to insure my vehicles with them, but had a few bad experiences with them, attitude problems with their staff and the way they result things...i left them for a new company right after my term was over

Yes I am, and Im fine with it. I was an asshole long before he was on here.

Also keep in mind, that 35 min phone call you made didn't actually set you up with insurance... thats just temporary insurance while they do their paperwork.

Your old policy # is like your doctors record, it follows you whereever you go. Claims history follows you no matter which company you switch too so chances are the underwriters in TD put a note "No class 6" so when the underwriter for primmum was setting up your policy, he probably looked at your history.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

You DONT need class 6 for the trails!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to bluecircle.ca
    Sometimes you have to take a chance, whether that be on someone, or something!

My Ride
    a wrx.

I think the way it works is that Primmum is the actual insurance company that handles all the work for TD. When I used to be on TD Insurance, I received all my insurance docs and pink slips with Primmum on the top. And in fact, any time I called TD Insurance, it would transfer straight to Primmum. The good news for you is that Primmum's office is in Calgary, so if you want, you can sic your brother on them.

I'm on Meloche Monnex now, which is a subsidiary of TD, so you'll want to avoid them too.

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

yah im sorry but some of you are stupid as fuck
    "not insuring unlicensed drivers"
    how do you think kids ride dirtbikes?? with a fake????
    wtf? either way, i'd lose it if someone said they cant insure my dirrttbike because of class 6. trails are NOT dangerous in comparison to riding on the road no mattter how you look at it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast