Quantcast
TD Insurance totally screwed me over with bike insurance.. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TD Insurance totally screwed me over with bike insurance..

My Ride
    49cc Honda bicycle/89 Accord SE-i/59 Impala/93shaq

49 zip zip

My Ride
    2000 BMW 540i/6-spd & 2008 Triumph Street Triple

Having a "licence" should have nothing to do with insuring an off-highway vehicle, since it is NOT REQUIRED to operate such a vehicle on private property OR crown land, NOR IS IT OPTIONAL to have a licence, of any kind, to operate one.

A "class 6" licence is for highway legal vehicles only.

It's like telling someone to get a bus opertator's licence before they will insure their 4-door sedan.

TD, or any other insurance company, have no right to ask for that!

Originally posted by GT4rally
    Having a "licence" should have nothing to do with insuring an off-highway vehicle, since it is NOT REQUIRED to operate such a vehicle on private property OR crown land, NOR IS IT OPTIONAL to have a licence, of any kind, to operate one.

It's like telling someone to get a bus opertator's licence before they will insure their 4-door sedan.

You're right, a license is not required to operate a vehicle off-road, but.... Can an insurance company refuse you coverage for whatever reason they see fit? Yes. It's like McDonalds telling you they won't serve you if you're not wearing a shirt and shoes. Do you need those to eat a burger? Absolutely not, but it's their house and their rules. Same goes with insurance. If you don't like it, find somebody who will insure you.

What's the point of this bitch fest anyways?

The OP said he's getting his class 6 next month. oooooh, a whole 2 weeks away.

Want insurance with TD? get your license, suck it up, and get coverage. They can make their own company policies. Judging by their bank account versus yours, I think they are a little further ahead in that game.

They hardly fucked you over. It's not like you crashed and they denied you coverage. They simply told you no license = no coverage. It's their policy, who cares if it is one step tighter than the law. Why is it like that? Because they can make it like that! The world isn't full of soft blankets and bubble baths.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by snowboard
    yah im sorry but some of you are stupid as fuck
    "not insuring unlicensed drivers"
    how do you think kids ride dirtbikes?? with a fake????
    wtf? either way, i'd lose it if someone said they cant insure my dirrttbike because of class 6. trails are NOT dangerous in comparison to riding on the road no mattter how you look at it.
    $50.00 says that the 12 year old kids riding the bikes aren't the ones paying the insurance or have the policy in their names.

Also I know on my enduro all I had was Fire/Theft/Vandalism (and PLPD but that is besides the point) as they said that the risk of crashing a dirt bike was too high for them to offer Comprehensive for me
    Last edited by The Cosworth; 04-16-2008 at 09:55 AM.
    Cos...

My Ride
    fast and red.

Let me get this straight. TD told you they wouldn't insure you because you didn't have a class 6. (Which apparently means that their actuarial tables indicate that people who bother to get a class 6 are at a lower risk for accidents.) Anyway, it's their right to deny you coverage if they feel like it.

But you hate TD so much for this that you... wait for it... go and ask a TD subsidiary for insurance? That just sounds stupid. It's like you hate GM because your Buick is a POS, so you trade it in for a Pontiac and dance a victory dance for your stunning brilliance.

My Ride
    2000 Maxima GLE

try nordic insurance or state farm

My Ride
    Hatred

This thread is Ridiculars
    -U

My Ride
    1988 Toyota Corolla All-Trac Wagon

Q: How do you think 12 year old kids ride dirt bikes? With a fake?

A: No, without insurance and at their own risk. Or insured by someone who's stupid enough to say yes.

If there's no law that says you need a class 6 to ride a bike off-road, I'll bet there's no law that says insurance companies have to insure you even if. As such, yeah: It's their house, and so you play by their rules. Don't like it? Find someone who will do it. TD hasn't 'screwed' you, you're just used, apparently, to telling people what you want and getting it, or at least you seem to expect it.

I have insurance on my Supras with Meloche Monnex. I have owned ten vehicles in the past two years, and kind of switch my insurance policy around on a whim every so often. They have been VERY accommodating, so I don't know what the hell everyone's problem with TD and TD subsidiaries is.
    keegan
    - 1988 Toyota Corolla All-Trac Wagon

My Ride
    LCI E90 :-)

Originally posted by Unknown303
    This thread is Ridiculars

Primmum = TD Insurance !

This has to be the worst "comparison" I have ever seen on here. TD is insuring a BIKE, therefore with a class 6 they will know you undersand basic riding/safety skills via a class 6 road test wether you take your bike on/off trails.

Side note, massive thumbs up for TD insurance today as they went above and beyond normal customer service for my claim. Originally going to be a 50/50 split no fault accident...TD faught my claim purely on principle and went 100% other guys fault. 2 months later, zero deductable 2 weeks paid rental waiting for me this morning.

My Ride
    fast and red.

I also insure with TD/Meloche Monnex, and I'm a chronic car trader. I probably add or subtract a vehicle every 3-4 months, and they are terrific to deal with. I have my house insurance with them, and made a claim a couple of years ago; they couldn't have been more agreeable. My wife had a fender bender a couple of years ago, smoothest claim process ever. I insure an exotic car with them, they didn't hesitate, and their rate was excellent.

I guess, though, in fairness, I'm a licensed driver, so that makes them treat me well...

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Also keep in mind, that 35 min phone call you made didn't actually set you up with insurance... thats just temporary insurance while they do their paperwork.

Your old policy # is like your doctors record, it follows you whereever you go. Claims history follows you no matter which company you switch too so chances are the underwriters in TD put a note "No class 6" so when the underwriter for primmum was setting up your policy, he probably looked at your history.
    Yup this is possibly what happened.

Werd. Class 5 is a class 6 learners as well, something to keep in mind.

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    What's the point of this bitch fest anyways?

The OP said he's getting his class 6 next month. oooooh, a whole 2 weeks away.

Want insurance with TD? get your license, suck it up, and get coverage. They can make their own company policies. Judging by their bank account versus yours, I think they are a little further ahead in that game.

They hardly fucked you over. It's not like you crashed and they denied you coverage. They simply told you no license = no coverage. It's their policy, who cares if it is one step tighter than the law. Why is it like that? Because they can make it like that! The world isn't full of soft blankets and bubble baths.
    Dont worry, I had the bubble bath, and it was at your moms house!!

Originally posted by canuckcarguy
    But you hate TD so much for this that you... wait for it... go and ask a TD subsidiary for insurance? That just sounds stupid. It's like you hate GM because your Buick is a POS, so you trade it in for a Pontiac and dance a victory dance for your stunning brilliance.

Wow that's pretty intelligent for a dumb ass who was not able to even comprehend my original post??? I switched from TD to primmum because TD would not insure my gas gas and but primmum would. TD asked me if I had a class 6 when I signed up, primmum didnt.

For the record I had Primmum before TD bought them. All of my policies have TD all over them and no primmum markings, except my new primmum policy.

I am going to call them today and record the coversation as I am going to dispute this class 6 bullshit with them.

Yes I know its up to TD to make up what ever rules they want. It's all about money in the end, as they would rather loose a loyal 8 year customer, with 1 house, 3 cars, 2 bikes insured over the risk of me not having my class 6...

Originally posted by Hollywood

Dont worry, I had the bubble bath, and it was at your moms house!!

you little shit. I'll get you back. Sometime, someday, I'll come out of nowhere in a future thread and get you. haha.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Wow, you really are your brother's brother

FUCK YOU!

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

no it isn't

you still need to take the learners written test at a registry to have your motorcycle learners
    Cos...

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Ummmmm.....no it isn't. You need to do the written exam.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

^^ haha beat you to it.

I have to admit, this is starting to make more sense
    Cos...

My Ride
    fast and red.

Wow that's pretty intelligent for a dumb ass who was not able to even comprehend my original post??? I switched from TD to primmum because TD would not insure my gas gas and but primmum would. TD asked me if I had a class 6 when I signed up, primmum didnt.

For the record I had Primmum before TD bought them. All of my policies have TD all over them and no primmum markings, except my new primmum policy.

I am going to call them today and record the coversation as I am going to dispute this class 6 bullshit with them.

Yes I know its up to TD to make up what ever rules they want. It's all about money in the end, as they would rather loose a loyal 8 year customer, with 1 house, 3 cars, 2 bikes insured over the risk of me not having my class 6...
    Yep, they're going to change their whole insurance underwriting policy because somebody 2 weeks away from getting his class 6 license is threatening to leave. You really believe this, and I'm the dumb ass? I guess they'll "loose" your business after all...

My Ride
    YZ250

I'm with TD/Primmum and have had 2 different YZ's insured with them WITHOUT a class 6.... but I lied Just give em your class 5 license number and their computer will be satisfied.

Primmum is a good company, they're pretty helpful. I've had reps call me back and tell me they found another way to save me money on their system...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast