Quantcast
Looking to buy from The Gallery - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy from The Gallery

Default Looking to buy from The Gallery

Has anyone heard anything good/bad from them?

Any beyonders work there?

My Ride
    '97 Integra

Haven't dealt with them personally, but a friend bought an Infiniti QX4 from them. They gave him an inspection report saying everything was fine with the truck. They come with a 30 day guarantee or something like that... anyways the truck had a leak in the gas tank, but near the top so it only leaked when it was above 3/4 full. They brought the truck in once, said they put a new filler line in and that it was fixed. The problem came back a couple weeks later after the 30 days was up. He also ended up having to replace the alternator and part of the exhaust system within 6 mos.

Perhaps he just got unlucky, but they buy alot of their vehicles wholesale or from auctions (from what I understand), so I'd definately be cautious.

The Gallery as in the former Hotwheels?
    Stay away, stay far faaaar away.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

a friend of mine bought a car also, came with thier 200 point inspection or somethin like that that costed an extra $300, which said everything was all perfect with this car.. so he bought it, and the day we picked it up we went cruisin around.. and we hear this loud noise as if something were scrapping the ground so we pulled over and noticed that that piece, (its plastic i forgot what its called) it runs just under bumper connects to the inner skirting and jus the front end basicly.. it wasnt even held on with anything. no bolts, no clips, if there was a clip it was prolee one and it snapped off..

a week later after driving normally, the engine light goes on.. brought it back.. having that 30 day warranty on it.. it turns out the car needs a new o2 sensor.. which the 30 day warranty does not cover...

thats his experience with gallery..
    [IMG][/IMG]

do a search on beyond for Hotwheels and The Gallery of Fine Cars (same company)

they've got a pretty bad reputation for being shady
    Originally posted by 5000Audi
    Btw never paid for a massage before.. i own, i mean have a wife

Okay, well that wasn't the response I was looking to here.

I guess I have to bring my own mechanic to do an inspection. If it goes bad, off to another dealership I go. Know any other places with EP3's? I've checked autotrader and the colours are mmm...ok?

My Ride
    03' SVT Cobra 10th ann vert

Originally posted by ONS

but they buy alot of their vehicles wholesale or from auctions (from what I understand), so I'd definately be cautious.
    what dealership doesnt....were do you think dealerships buy cars from???? they dont come knocking on your door asking if you want to sell your car.

gallary get there cars from the east. anyone that knows a thing or two about cars already figured that out.

My Ride
    is unique

Yea we've all heard bad things about them guys
    Last edited by nbaker00; 06-19-2008 at 06:01 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    CBR600RR

From everything I've heard, stay far far away.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

stay away from them. your better off purchasing a vehicle privately and getting it inspected yourself

I don't think I will buy from them anytime soon. Thanks!

whats your price range for an ep3?

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by ONS
    Haven't dealt with them personally, but a friend bought an Infiniti QX4 from them. They gave him an inspection report saying everything was fine with the truck. They come with a 30 day guarantee or something like that...
    Funny enough, I also know a guy who bought a QX4 from there and had his engine blow within the 30 day warranty. From what I know, he's still trying to get reimbursed for the rebuild (at around 4k...ouch)
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    fast and red.

Hey, are they selling the 30 day warranty? Like, you buy the inspection and you get the 30 day warranty? I think that's illegal - as far as I know, you're not allowed to sell warranties you cover yourself unless you're a licensed insurance company (not broker, but company). You should look into that, if they screw you over, a threat to report them to the insurance bureau might buy you some leverage...

This doesn't apply if the warranty is free, or if it's covered by a licensed warranty company.

i bought an qx4 from them nothing wrong it was ok they do seem kinda shady when i bought it, i took it to infiniti for inspection so i think you should do the same

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

Yup, buddy of mine also bought a vehicle from there, 6cd changer didnt work, they wouldnt fix it within his warranty(it was broken right when he got it home) and his engine blew up on the highway oil all over the place, didnt bother fixing it for him either. He had a supposed warranty as well

From all the things i have seen and heard of, I wouldnt take a car from them for free!

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

I was in there a while ago looking at a Boxster. The salesman was adamant that it was a 'local car', bought new in Calgary, not from down east or the US. It had a speedo in Kilometers, but something didn't seem right. He seemed to know a fair amount about the car's history, but of course there was no documentation.

I found the manufacturer's spec plate behind the door, and sure enough, the GVWR and all other specs were in pounds alone and not kilograms. As soon as I saw that, I didn't have to say anything at all before the cockroach in a cheap suit started in with a new story about how it was brought up brand new from the US, had a metric speedo fitted before it had any miles on the US one, and had otherwise been around Calgary all its life.

Stay far, far away... I would not buya pencil from there let alone a car.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

My Ride
    Blue boy

what a bunch of cunts, they had an ad for rims in the trader, so I call them up and yeah they have a couple sets in 5x114.3. So I head down there and all they have is 1 set of curbed stock rims from a 97 MAxima and they want $600 with no rubber.

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

Originally posted by nbaker00
    I've heard ALL there cars come from out east.
    I also have heard they buy salvage cars down in the states and bring them up...
    Just a rumour from someone that knew someone that worked there.
    All that stuff is 100% true I’ve seen them at the ogden train yard ALOT picking up cars from the Toronto area, i had a friend buy a car from them that was from the east nothing but problems. Back when they were hot wheels auto they would get Bad Boyz across the way to write up fake inspections that said the cars were fine! Also talking to the owner he actually admitted to me that a car was brought back recently that was a salvage title. Stay As Far Away As Possible!

Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

Says a lot that the former hotwheels staff (there are quite a few of them on beyond) aren't even defending themselves.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast