Quantcast
Phuking Pigeons - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Phuking Pigeons

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

Pigeons are like geese: you need a significant pellet gun if you want to bring them down.

Pick up a .22 cal pellet pistol, not rifle, PUMP action. The one I have goes through pigeons (not to mention a half inch of PVC plastic) with shaped pellets.

Don't buy the flat-topped target pellets. Make a trip to a proper airgun store and pick up the pointed pellets.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

A regular bb gun kills pigeons.. Used to kill them all the time in the barn, and it was good because it wouldn't put holes in the steel roofing.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by TKRIS
    Wait for them to land, then shoot the propane tank.
    I lol'd

My Ride
    Vmax

What I used to scare them away before they nested was hanging a couple of old CDs from a string. When they spin in the wind it scares them away.

Once they nest its really hard to get rid of them. The best thing is they always return to where they are born.

My fuckn neighbor was feeding them and we had a real problem.

how can a bb gun not hurt/kill them?

maybe u guys are using airsofts, but i have a airgun that shoots 400ft/s of metal bbs and pellets

the pellets can pierce human...i dont see how the pigeons can survive or not get hurt and come back

if ur a man, get a airgun designed for a man, not a sissy spring gun...or better yet a real gun :O

My Ride
    01 GTI, 03 r6

Throw some firecrackers at them, it works, and its hilarious , too bad you cant buy them here

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Originally posted by Shift_Perform
    if ur a man, get a airgun designed for a man, not a sissy spring gun...or better yet a real gun :O
    i have a airgun that shoots 400ft/s of metal bbs and pellets

*snicker snicker*

400 whole feet per second of metal BB destructive mayhem eh? Wow. Manly.

Shooting a real gun off a 4th story balcony in a residential area of Calgary is likely not a real good idea. Neither is shooting a BB gun in the same situation without some sort of backdrop. If you're going to shoot them with a BB gun, make sure you're shooting into a suitable backdrop.
    Either way, given your location, shooting them wouldn't be my first move.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    Z

how can a bb gun not hurt/kill them?

maybe u guys are using airsofts, but i have a airgun that shoots 400ft/s of metal bbs and pellets

the pellets can pierce human...i dont see how the pigeons can survive or not get hurt and come back

The one I bought said it was rated at 495fps on the warning card.

On the website it said 700 fps.

It didn't do fuck all.

I thought BB guns have to be under 500fps. This is the one I had as a kid:

crosman pump master 760. I've killed dozens and dozens of pigeons with that thing over the yrs. Pretty sure it was listed as 495fps as well, says more online though:

http://www.crosman.com/site/listing/1073

My Ride
    '97 BMW 328is M-Sport

Like I said, they're like geese. You can unload shot into them all freaking day, but unless you catch it just right, it'll just bounce off.

I didn't know you were on a balcony 4 floors up. Shooting would not be a good idea.

And yes, they will eat poisoned food.
    Originally posted by FraserB
    I think their main complaint is that they did not receive the stolen property they paid for.

My Ride
    Hatred

Could get a cat. and let nature take its course?
    -U

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

you know what you could? is board up the bbq, while they are in there lol...
    or push your whole bbq off the balcony, they would probably move with it and live in the smashed bbq on the ground?

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

In Canada, a BB/Pellet gun with a muzzle velocity of over 500fps and a muzzle energy of over 4.2ft-lbs is considered a firearm.
    Comapanies install limiters to stop pressures that would result in velocities above 500fps. That's why the website and the box say different things. 700fps is the american one, 495 is the canadian one.

EDIT: This would apply to post ~1996 after retarded non-sensical knee-jerk bill C-68 was passed.
    My BB gun I used to kill gophers when I was 8 is, in the eyes of the law, the same as my .30-06.

EDIT EDIT Because I'm pissed off now: Wendy Cukier can go fuck herself.
    Last edited by TKRIS; 04-18-2008 at 02:02 PM.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    I thought BB guns have to be under 500fps. This is the one I had as a kid:

crosman pump master 760. I've killed dozens and dozens of pigeons with that thing over the yrs. Pretty sure it was listed as 495fps as well, says more online though:

http://www.crosman.com/site/listing/1073

Thats the same one I bought. I didn't kill any. I tried though. BB's and pellets.

Default Re: Phuking Pigeons

Originally posted by Seanith
    I have pigeons that have made a nest under my BBQ right by the propane tank. I let them chill all winter, but now its time for them to leave. They have a nest with an egg there, and its a problem. I'm a nice guy and love animals, but these guys are diseased pests. The problem is they apparently might always return even if I destroy the nest and smash their eggs lol... any ideas to get rid of them?
    Solution

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

I also have a similar problem. I live in an apartment building on the 3rd (top) floor. A group of birds has made nests inside of a bunch of dryer vents. This is particularly annoying to me since I work nights and sleep during the day. These fucking birds are in a vent a few feet from my bedroom window and as soon as the sun comes out they go crazy chirping. These birds have brought a shitload of grass, branches, lint, etc into the vents to make their nests. Having all this shit in the dryer vents is a bad fire hazard, just google "dryer fire".

I've been asking my condo board to take care of this problem for over 2 years now. They just give me the run around, saying it will be done in the next week or two but it never gets done. I've offered to hire someone and pay for the clean up and fixing of my vent myself. However they won't allow me to do this because of liability issues. I have tried everything from shooting them with a water gun to hanging CD's from my balcony but nothing has worked. I live facing a very busy street so I can't be shooting at them with a BB gun or cops will be at my door in no time. I have been tempted to poison them, however my concern is that it may accidentally poison someones cat or dog.

I'm wondering if there is anyone I can contact who will force the building to take care of this problem. For example I wonder if I call the Fire Dept, if they will make them fix the problem? I know our building has to undergo an yearly fire inspection to qualify for insurance. I wonder if I was to contact the company our building has insurance through, if they would force them to take care of the problem. All that really needs to be done is to replace the current vent covers with new ones who have some kind of mesh or covering to prevent things from getting in.

Its a real piss off paying $350/month in condo fees and then not being able to get a small issue taken care of in a timely manner. Then to top it off not even being able to get the work done myself at my expense.
    Last edited by Mixalot27; 04-18-2008 at 04:49 PM.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Default Re: Re: Phuking Pigeons

Originally posted by TKRIS

Shooting a real gun off a 4th story balcony in a residential area of Calgary is likely not a real good idea. Neither is shooting a BB gun in the same situation without some sort of backdrop. If you're going to shoot them with a BB gun, make sure you're shooting into a suitable backdrop.
    Either way, given your location, shooting them wouldn't be my first move.
    Yeah I'm not doing any shooting at this point lol

Originally posted by Maddog55

Solution

Looks like all i need is a Falcon! Thats bad-ASS lol.

Ok, when i got home from work, The bastards were there. There seems to be 2 that hang around on the railing and shit, then another 2 that are by the propane tank in the nest. I scared the 2 hanging around, and then I scared the other 2 off and they actually were able to fly off.

The funny part, is the stupid assholes managed to smash their own egg haha. It was broken on the ground. Retards. Anyways, I desecrated their nest, and in the mean time the bbq is turned so its open part is facing my doorway so I can see if they are up to shenanigans. Hopefuly they abandon the spot since its not as safe and gaurded as before. I had the bbq cover on it all winter so it was perfect for them.

If theres any other issues. i'll try boarding up the bbq open areas underneath, and maybe get a fake owl. Then i'll get a bb gun of some sort

Thanks for the help everyone.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    E36, soarer

haha all tbis talk about shooting pigeon with pellet guns makes me reminisce

I have the same problem. I just use large mouse traps in and around the bbq. Plus, I wired some screws together (kinda like spikes) and hang them on my outside lamp.

I've been pigeon-free for about 3 months

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast