Quantcast
Shooting Range - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Range

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Default Shooting Range

I know there are a few shooters on Beyond so I wanted to ask.

I went shooting last year with some family friends out in Kananaski's and want to get my license, get a rifle and a couple hand guns, and start hitting the range.

1.) Where do I find information about taking the course in Calgary? I only knew where to get it in Vernon.

2.) Where is a good place to buy guns in calgary?

3.) Where is a good place to shoot?
    Last edited by The Cosworth; 01-04-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    Cos...

Shooting Edge on Blackfoot Tr.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

sick thanks!
    Cos...

Shooting Edge is EXPENSIVE however..

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

^^ where is better for cheap?
    Cos...

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by brendankharris
    ^^ where is better for cheap?
    I hear Forest Lawn is a popular location during the summer.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by natejj

I hear Forest Lawn is a popular location during the summer.

and it comes with free live moving targets (crackheads)
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Integra Type R

^ LL
    wh...?

Getting a rifle license is fairly easy, there's a place on elbow dr. that offer's a 2 day course. To get the hand gun license is the harder one but it's not that much harder. I think you need your non restricted(rifle) before you get the restricted(handgun). And for hand guns you cant go wrong with the desert eagle, they got a gold plated one with tiger stripes that's some sick shit.

You have to have a good reason to own a handgun in canada and be a member of a shooting club.

So fun, but so expensive. Shotgun if the best. The big ass dirty harry revolvers are fun too. You can actually feel the heat of the explosion coming out the barrel.

My Ride
    '07 Mustang/'05 R6 Raven

I work at The Shooting Edge so any questions just PM me.

We are the only place in Calgary to rent Firearms and the only place where the non-licensed public can drop in and shoot.

We offer PAL courses for both your non-restricted and restricted, the course is a 1-day course, runs usually every second Sunday, includes both tests at the end. Course cost is $250 or free with a full annual membership ($500), if you go the route of the membership it's your best bet, you save $40 every time you come in on day passes, one guest at half price ($20) and 20% off all range ammunition. With the PAL course if you come 5 times in a year the membership pays for itself, also if you wanted to buy a gun and don't want to wait the 2 months for your license to come in as a member you can buy the gun, it's kept in our vault free of charge and a range officer will take your and your gun onto the range whenever you want to shoot. Once you get your license we transfer the firearm over to you and you can take it home.

Be advised that we are booked into August right now for the PAL course.
    Epicoque Racing
    Powered by: Peniston Lubricants

My Ride
    Lease

Good info Steve,

Not sure if it's still avaliable, but when I took ur course, I had the option after taking the $250 course that within 1 year, if I decide to purchase a yearly membership, that the $250 gets discounted from the membership cost?

Originally posted by retro-steve
    I work at The Shooting Edge so any questions just PM me.

We are the only place in Calgary to rent Firearms and the only place where the non-licensed public can drop in and shoot.

We offer PAL courses for both your non-restricted and restricted, the course is a 1-day course, runs usually every second Sunday, includes both tests at the end. Course cost is $250 or free with a full annual membership ($500), if you go the route of the membership it's your best bet, you save $40 every time you come in on day passes, one guest at half price ($20) and 20% off all range ammunition. With the PAL course if you come 5 times in a year the membership pays for itself, also if you wanted to buy a gun and don't want to wait the 2 months for your license to come in as a member you can buy the gun, it's kept in our vault free of charge and a range officer will take your and your gun onto the range whenever you want to shoot. Once you get your license we transfer the firearm over to you and you can take it home.

Be advised that we are booked into August right now for the PAL course.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Shooting Edge kicks ass. Of the few things I miss about living in the city, being able to go to a good indoor range is one of them.

OT:
    Steve, any idea when the next Black Badge course is going to be? I can't find any info on the TSE webpage.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    '07 Mustang/'05 R6 Raven

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Good info Steve,

Not sure if it's still avaliable, but when I took ur course, I had the option after taking the $250 course that within 1 year, if I decide to purchase a yearly membership, that the $250 gets discounted from the membership cost?

We only offer that right now for the month after your course is taken, so if you registered now you'd have until September to decide if you want the membership and your deposit (min $50) for the course would go towards the annual membership cost, and if you take the course and pay the full $250 you have 1 month and the $250 will be credited. It's just for book keeping purposes because with the current POS system it's too hard to keep track of everything, although we are implimenting a new POS system and things *might* change.

And TKRIS, you'll have to contact TSE and ask about it. Massimo is the one who does all the BB testing and basically comes in as he feels like it, so I have no idea when the next one will be.
    Epicoque Racing