Widebody for my RX-7??? Need Help - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Widebody for my RX-7??? Need Help

My Ride
    FD3S

Originally posted by ercchry
    and best bang for buck swap is a ls1
    no

and yes, your money is best invested in saftey mods, get rid of the stock ast to begin with a go from there. Judging by the sound of things your a little head over heels here. This car requires ALOT of attention. A body kit is the LAST place you should start. And disregard the LS1 comment. Keep the car close to original, you will enjoy it much more. The car works as a close package, everything is tuned in relation to something, dont go throwing in some corvette engine, the car handles like a dream, theres no sense in wrecking that when the same power can be achieved with simple power adders. Take your time and spend your money in the right places, and it will pay off in the long run.

P.S sounds like someone has some reading to do

Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

My Ride
    FD3S

Originally posted by Kloubek
    This car is SWEEEEET. I'd go down on a guy to have that car.

Ok... no, I wouldn't. But the car is still super sweet.

are you sure???

Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

My Ride
    240sx, 300c, turbo TE72, FG1 Civic, Pilot

and best bang for buck swap is a ls1
    Word to that.

power, reliability, driveability, more power potential, and most of all... TORQUE!

It also weighs not much different than a FD 13B.

ph: 403.248.1566
    email: [email protected]

Supertech, Link ECU, ViPec, Nistune, Competition Clutch, Nardi, Personal, Worksbell, Seibon, VIS, Shine Auto Project, Agency Power, Status, Full-Race, Stillen, Mazworx,
    Megan Racing, Zedd Performance, Varrstoen

My Ride

There is a good kit, which i'd say is a "pseudo-wide body" or "Widebody-esque" is the Burnout Kit. Spend 3-4k getting it installed and paint matched properly, plus about 2500 for the kit and you're in your price range, assuming you keep your stock colour.

Personally, i would pass on the side skirts -- they look a little dated. But the mild fender flare really updates the car to a 2005+ look. The flat fenders on the stock FD's really date the car. Fenders would be the only body i would consider.

Bumper, and fenders will run you about 1200 USD

Details are on rx-7 club group buy

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=560157

Oh and it would look good with a Seibon Scoot hood (same hood that's in that ugly ass silver widebody) AutodreamMarvin had good prices on them last year, but i changed my mind (sorry marvin, someday!). He also might still have a sweet set of Meghan racing coilovers kicking around.
    Last edited by Crymson; 04-20-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Dont forget that running a widebody will require custom wheels with a very low offset. Good quality multi piece wheels are not cheap and are a must to look proper with the WB kit. If you do flares, you may be able to get away with low offset 1 piece wheels. But to successfully run a full WB kit such as the Veilside fortune kit ( as seen in F&F3) you will be in the area of 20-25,000 for a completed painted/installed kit with wheels.

My Ride

It's actually good to have a bit of a flare. Stock FD offsets are +50, so it's actually hard to find good wheels at the stock offset. The wheel options are much better when you can use lower offsets.

My Ride
    dulls my senses

Originally posted by ekguy

thats a sin...although it's sweet to see there is still nothing better than the sound of a nicely tuned rotory powered engine winding up to upwards of 10000 rpm.
    Ever heard a cammed LS1 breathing through some longtubes?

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by ScottysZ

Ever heard a cammed LS1 breathing through some longtubes?
    ever hear a 20b revving to well over 10000 rpm?? sounds better than an ls1 I think anyways. In calgary every second rich guy has a corvette, sound is too common now. A 20b or very well modded 13b sounds utterly amazing...even my slightly modded na 13b was pretty nuts sounding through my full exhaust. Brought alot of smiles to my face and alot of my friends who drove highly modded h22 and b16 powered hondas even thought it sounded pretty amazing. Rotory engines are just something else completely different sound than pistons it's quite enchanting actually.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by Kloubek
    I'd go down on a guy
    Taking quotes out of context is fun!
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    dulls my senses

Originally posted by ekguy

ever hear a 20b revving to well over 10000 rpm?? sounds better than an ls1 I think anyways. In calgary every second rich guy has a corvette, sound is too common now. A 20b or very well modded 13b sounds utterly amazing...even my slightly modded na 13b was pretty nuts sounding through my full exhaust. Brought alot of smiles to my face and alot of my friends who drove highly modded h22 and b16 powered hondas even thought it sounded pretty amazing. Rotory engines are just something else completely different sound than pistons it's quite enchanting actually.

Although i wont deny that they can sound good, when i want revs ill hop on a bike. Personally i think its pretty tough to beat the sound of a big V8... and as long as were all dreaming about what we'd do with loads of money and an FD, how about an LS7? That thing singing at 7000rpm would make you forget about that 20b revving to the moon.

Anyways, ot the OP... stay away from the body kit for now and save that cash...

My Ride
    1098S

if you ever do go wide body get your wheels first this way when you install the kit it can be flush with the wheels instead of guessing your offset later and just getting the fitment close
    Your intercooler is crooked
    Originally posted by S2K2
    Haha I am pushin more hp than your car will ever see I have carbon fiber u don't...
    Originally posted by Sebasshole
    But give her a thumb in the eye just to be safe.

My Ride
    1989 Skyline

wow thanks for all the good advice! i was joking about the 20b, i know its crazy expensive. Ill just stick with the 13b and do some safety mods, its already crazy fast, doesn't need to be a rocket...but that would be nice.

My Ride
    '90 skyline gtst

Cheapest way to do it, go to Sait, learn auto body tech, do the work yourself....

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by Teggy
    Cheapest way to do it, go to Sait, learn auto body tech, do the work yourself....
    bahahah thats awesome would probably still be like 10k cheaper than paying a shop to do it hehe. Do it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2