Quantcast
Ruth's Chris Steak House...how pricey and is it worth it?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth's Chris Steak House...how pricey and is it worth it??

My Ride
    93 integra

Default Ruth's Chris Steak House...how pricey and is it worth it??

Just got back with an ex after a few months apart and we're looking for a nice place to go eat. Not a big fan of steak but this place looks like they may be able to impress me with a nice slab of beef. Heard it's a bit fancy and a tad expensive which I don't mind but how expensive would it get for 2 people with an apatizer to share, a bottle of wine, 2 entrees and a desert and an aperitif at the end...I like to finish off with a nice glass of port...which I'm sure they would have.

My Ride
    ////M

http://www.ruthschris.ca/

Menu in top left
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

My Ride
    MB C-Class, Honda CBR600RR

Depending on what you get, you could easily spend $150-200. I think their food is worth the money, but I guess is depends on the financial sacrifice you want to make.

Your appetizers will likely be around $20, wine can cost whatever you want to spend, entrees cost between $30 and $60. Desert will run you $15-20, and port will again cost you whatever you want to spend.

What I usually do when I go there with my girlfriend is we have a bottle of wine with dinner, and just start with our entrees. Everything is served a la carte, so you'll want to order some sides, which cost around $15 if I remember correctly. If you each get an entree then share a side (they're recommended for 2-3 people) you should be good. Then get desert after and a glass of port. Sometimes we'll start off dinner with a glass of champagne, but I guess it depends on if it's a celebration.

Anyways I hope this helps.

B

My Ride
    93 integra

it's sorta of a celebration and if it got up to 200$ it wouldn't be the biggest deal we spent more at murietta's on new years eve and it was worth it. We just got together again after working out our issues and shit so we kind of want to celebrate and in the close to a year we were together before i think we've expired our options for most restaurants in Calgary we wanted to try we only have a few other ones we want to try in our area. We're going to the Okanagan this summer to go tour some wineries hopefully and get some good eats. But Ruth's is a place i've been hearing a lot of people rave about but also heard of people spending like 400$ so i was kind of weary....150 to 200 is one thing but 400$ for 2 people as a student is alot hahaha.

there vegetable and potato sides look delicious from looking at the menu before i posted this but the site didn't have prices which leads me to believe it's the type of place that if you have to know the price you shouldn't be eating there type thing hahaha. The wine list was quite impressive as well on the site.

My Ride
    ////M

They do have prices on the website
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

My Ride
    Acura Integra

Ask 89coupe, our resident baller.

Make sure you're spending over $90 before drinks though.

My Ride
    93 integra

ok don't need this thread to turn to shit cuz of that idiot. Keep it clean please. And I was looking at the American website apparantly and after looking at the canadian one i realize the prices are a bit high but I'll manage. It looks amazing there.

For those who have went what are the portions like??? I like my food don't get me wrong but lately I have been unable to do appetizer, entre, sides and desert by myself. I've had to share with whoever was with me lately since my appetite seems to have taken a dive for some reason.

If the portions are big I may not even be able to do desert which me and the gf usually forgo anyways.

A co-worker of mine went there for a dinner with his wife. He said the portions are huge and no one left hungry but the price you pay makes it not worth it.

He was saying it was around 300 for 2 people when all said and done. I hear 89Coupe spends that at Mcdonalds...

I enjoyed there.

My Ride
    93 integra

well i dunno i looked at it and it's very feasable to do it for about 230ish with a decent tip if you don't do desert and maybe for once we forgo the whole bottle of wine since they seem to have quite the wine by the glass selection. And if I forget about desert and port then I should be fine haha. looking at the site the steaks look like they could be quite filling haha.

My Ride
    E63. No, the one with SMG

The atmosphere is nice, but the food is crap. Most of the beef (all but one cut?) is corn-fed USDA AAA, which is OK, but honestly tastes a little funny when you're used to AB Beef. Portions are large and sides/appitizers are large enough to share. It's a nice place to go once for sheer novelty, but I wouldn't rush back, especially when there are so many better steak houses in town.

My Ride
    my bike

Portions are a good size, but I wouldn't say it's worth it. I went to the one in Edmonton when I was up there on business. Spent ~$90 on my meal. Side caesar, Lamb and a side of mushrooms, 2 bottle of stella. I wasn't stuffed, but I was satisfied. I have had better meals for less $.
    FYI: The plates for your entrees/sides come out super hot and your food is sizzling in a pool of butter.

My Ride
    93 integra

well to be honnest with you guys like I said up there I'm not the biggest fan of red meat so steak is not something I know very well so I will probably enjoy it since I am in no way used to alberta beef. I am from NB and am a lobster guy not a steak guy. But when in Rome do as the romans do and since Alberta seems to be big on steak I figured i'd give it a try hehe. not saying I don't enjoy a nice fat steak on a nice summer day off the bbq but it's like a 6 or 7 times a year thing and by no means something i eat often. So I figured me and the gf could go somewhere to try and enjoy a good quality steak. If you guys have different suggestions for a decently priced steak house that's got decent prices feel free to let me know.

Well, i found it pricey too. But if you are looking for a place to kindle your love, I really liked the ambience there.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

I enjoyed myself. Not super snobby, I wore nice jeans and a shirt. Waiter was really good. Overall a great experience. My date and I busted the 200 mark though. Wine and apps can get $$$. My steak alone was 55ish (it was FANTASIC).

i would recommend ceaser's on 4th ave anyday over ruth chris. cheaper and better food

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

I went to the one in Toronto when I was there for work.

I'm not a huge fan. They bring the steaks out to you on piping hot plates. I ordered mine medium and by the time I was done most of it was cooked through cause of the hot ass plate.

I understand the idea of serving hot food on warm plates but hot food on super hot plates?! Wasn't a fan.

My Ride
    NC1

I have a buddy that works at Ruth's Chris and he says it's a bit over-rated. Food is good but pricing is higher than other restaurants. Service is hit and miss depending which server you get. When you pay that much, service should be close to perfect every time.

An example on pricing, filet mignon + lobster tail is $100 at Ruth's and $65 at Caesar's. I've been going to Caesar's for the past 3 years, good every single time.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    my bike

Originally posted by max_boost
    I have a buddy that works at Ruth's Chris and he says it's a bit over-rated. Food is good but pricing is higher than other restaurants. Service is hit and miss depending which server you get. When you pay that much, service should be close to perfect every time.

An example on pricing, filet mignon + lobster tail is $100 at Ruth's and $65 at Caesar's. I've been going to Caesar's for the past 3 years, good every single time.

I expected more from Ruth's considering the premium you pay for the place. Overalls I would have to say that Caesar's is a much better choice.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I still don't understand the concept of paying premium prices for U.S. beef. It's NOT better than Canadian.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast