Quantcast
HELP!!! PARKING ISSUES Royal Oak - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HELP!!! PARKING ISSUES Royal Oak

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

I know how you feel too... I live accross from some apartments, and even though they have their own parking lot they like to park on the street alll the time, and many times in front of my house so I have to park half way down the block. Such a piss off, but the city won't help/

i saw this episode on tv where they put a 'sorry, i hit your car' and the guy looked for 20 minutes where he got hit

but really if ur driveway is private property or that a foreign vehicle is blocking your entrace just call parking control, they'll give you a choice of fining them and/or towing the vehicle. i usually choose fining 'cause towing is just mean

as far as parking on the street goes, anyone's allowed to park for 2 hours in the 2 hour zone, and if they have a zone permit (in your zone) they can park in 2 hour spots for as long as they want. just the way it goes

My Ride
    1985 300ZX

I have had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with this before, contrary to popular belief you do not own the parking area in front of your house as long as it 1.5m (as stated in a previous post) away from your driveway it is available for any registered vehicle with valid insurance to park for up to 72 hours I believe.

Its best to try and resolve these things face to face but if they don't want to use the driveway just have it ticketed after its left out after 72 hours and that should be some good motivation
    Speedy
    1985 300ZX & 1991 300ZX

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Talk to them about it, if they tell you to shove it, box their cars in. If you're really pissed, when they go away on vacation or w/e, don't remove the plates, just change them around. Hopefully they won't notice till they get pulled over and the plates don't match the vehicle
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

Originally posted by Iqoair

Snip -

"You may not park within 1.5 metres of or
    directly across from a driveway or garage
    entrance in an alley. Parking is also not
    allowed in front of or within 1.0 metre of
    the side of a garbage container or in alleys
    that are less than 6.1 metres wide"

If someone violates this, you have the option to have them ticketed, towed or ticketed & towed!

http://www.calgary.ca/docgallery/bu/...ip_booklet.pdf
    Thanks for this info. I'm having a problem with this asshole who lives across the alley from my Mom's house. For months now he has been parking his van in the alley behind his garage. His garage is directly across from my Mom's garage. Lots of times he even has 2 cars parked there. He parks here all night every night and most of the days too.

My Mom has mentioned to me several times that it annoys her and makes it difficult to get in and out of her garage. And she drives a small Civic. This week she is out of town so I have been staying at her house sometimes. I have a minivan and with this douche parked there I can't even get in to the garage. And to get out I have to go back and forth an inch at at time, like 10 times. My Mom's car is also parked in the garage as well as some boxes so its already kind of a tight fit.

So last night I found this thread with the exact bylaws as stated above. I got fed up and put a note on this guys windshield telling him not to park there or he will be towed next time. This morning I get home at approx 5am and the asshole has parked there again. So I decide to call bylaw. I go outside into the alley to write down his plate number and the model/make of his vehicle. I have no sooner come back inside and the guy hops in his vehicle and drives away. I don't know if it was coincidence or if he was watching and saw me come out.

Anyway should be interesting to see if he will park there again or not. Does anyone know how long it takes Bylaw to come out to ticket/tow him? Is it like an all day thing or do they show up in an hour or something? I think it might take some luck to catch him as he seems to come and go alot. He usually parks there all night though so maybe thats the time to call. Will they come out at night to tow/ticket or only in the day I wonder?

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

We had a RV parked in front of our house for weeks during the stampdee, so we called the ByLaw and it took them half a day to show up to investigate the reported complain. So in my experience, it takes them at least several hours to show up to your house.....

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    bus

it took the bylaw officer about 4ish hours to come and ticket an abandoned vehicle

Print this thread and slip it under his front door.

My Ride
    2005 STI Borg Warner turbo, Widebody

Another option would be to go and get a "handicap" parking sign and place it in your front yard, I know it states on them that you can't park within a certain distance of the sign. I have seen these a few times around town now.

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Originally posted by redblack
    it took the bylaw officer about 4ish hours to come and ticket an abandoned vehicle

^^ Damn, no point in calling the bylaw officer on my prick ass neighbors if it's going to take them that long to get there... thought of getting back at them for something they did

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2