Quantcast
Trapped in an elevator for 41 hours - video - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trapped in an elevator for 41 hours - video

My Ride
    MB C63

Thats fricken rediculars!!!

I can imagine that happening in some shitty old building with oil ass elevators but a fairly new building with security guards changing round the clock and regular elevator maintainence!

Makes sense that friends and family couldnt find him cuz they wouldnt know where to look but damn thats just crazy.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

that would suck

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

The twenty five million dollar settlement he was seeking ended with an award far less than he had been anticipating. Though he is not allowed to disclose specifics, the amount has been reported to be hardly 6 figures.

As a result of his elevator ordeal, he lost his apartment, spent all his money, and has searched, mostly in vain, for paying work. He is currently unemployed.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride

Edit: ^^^ beat me to it
    Last edited by euro_racer; 04-21-2008 at 08:41 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

do you think he takes elevators anymore?

23 hrs in though before a piss? maybe I missed one before that..

wow...

can't believe he didn't win his lawsuit

My Ride
    E36, soarer

just proves that you shouldnt smoke.

Wow... thats pretty crazy, wonder if that was the longest he went with out smoking?? haha. Did he actually go to the bathroom being in there?
    DTP 2006 Best Girl Tuner

How does someone lose their job from being stuck in an elevator at their workplace?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by sputnik
    How does someone lose their job from being stuck in an elevator at their workplace?
    "Convinced that returning to work would indicate that he had not suffered severe mental trauma, White never returned to work and eventually lost his job with Business Week, a position he had held for 15 years. "

So in other words, he thought he was going to get filthy rich off the lawsuit, and never went back to work, not because he was traumatized, but because he was greedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by MidnightDreamer
    Umm... yea... So does he not pee for 41 hours? I would literally shit a brick in that time... I got trapped on an elevator at school for 20mins. The first thing that moron asked me when I hit the help button was "Are you breathing alright?".
    You're right, the idiot was checking to make sure you werent panicking/hyper ventilating. Who does he think he is caring about your health
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by 403Gemini

You're right, the idiot was checking to make sure you werent panicking/hyper ventilating. Who does he think he is caring about your health
    Sucks getting stuck in an elevator, you can get claustraphobic (*spelling) pretty quickly. I was stuck in one once and I had to literally calm myself down because you start to get really hot and your breathing gets heavy. The first couple of hours would be the worst.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    POS

That video is pretty crazy. I had a friend that got stuck in a elevator at like the 6th floor that had one wall glass so basically everyone could see you and vice versa. We were all poking fingers at him and laughing, while we were working and wondered why he was just sitting there doing nothing, not even giving us back the middle finger or anything, but it turns out he was scared of heights and was basically too scared to even get close to the glass wall

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Sucks getting stuck in an elevator, you can get claustraphobic (*spelling) pretty quickly. I was stuck in one once and I had to literally calm myself down because you start to get really hot and your breathing gets heavy. The first couple of hours would be the worst.
    I've been stuck for 20 min and i agree, gets REALLY warm, and is REALLY shitty when you're stuck in there with more than 1 other person. Its usually pretty easy to keep 1-2 other people calm but in a larger group you get that 1 person who freaks out
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

I don't blame him. He was there for 41 hours without a watch! That would have been days or weeks to him. Small space too and nothing to do but just wait.

And how the hell does security not check the camera? Thats what they usually do anyway. IF he didn't even get 6 figures.... that sad, especially when people get a stupid amount of money over dumb shit.

My Ride
    BMW E46 LSB ///M3

Originally posted by topmade
    That video is pretty crazy. I had a friend that got stuck in a elevator at like the 6th floor that had one wall glass so basically everyone could see you and vice versa. We were all poking fingers at him and laughing, while we were working and wondered why he was just sitting there doing nothing, not even giving us back the middle finger or anything, but it turns out he was scared of heights and was basically too scared to even get close to the glass wall
    haha that would suck, but that would be a better scenero than what our fella here had to endure. I would rather be able to see people walking around, even if they were laughing and pointing at me rather than being stuck in an elevator where you couldn't see anything and felt completely like a prisioner. I can't even believe how much you would start losing your mind after so many hours in that thing.

My Ride
    w163

lol, I was stuck in an elevator this morning for about 5 minutes, the door wouldnt open, but it felt like 10x as long....haha I was shitting myself...

Had reception though on my cell.....

So did the building admin already awarded him something? I mean compensated for being stuck there and almost lose your mind? I wonder why no one saw him on the monitor though, or maybe a few guys already saw him but didn't think theres anything wrong. Either way they are completely useless manning the security monitor.
    Z...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast