Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2008-2009 edition - Page 259 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 259 of 260 FirstFirst ... 249 258 259 260 LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 5192

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2008-2009 edition

My Ride
    Mercedes

Originally posted by Stealth22
    This was a depressing game to watch. They got some lucky shots and won...Kipper was absolutely terrible. We outplayed them the entire game (aside from the first few minutes), and Bulin didn't give us ANYTHING.

Oh well...they're 4/5 with me at the games now lol...but the Flames kept it entertaining to the end...we all honestly believed they could come back, and aside from the brutal reffing, we had the chances. Our powerplay was absolutely brutal
    The Flames battled to the end, even with 1:30 left in the third, they kept trying to score the 2 goals..some people started leaving, but most of us stayed in our seats until the game was over.

Oh, and to the Vancouver fans- you'll be facing Chicago in the 2nd round. It pains me to say this, but...I'd like to request, on behalf of the City of Calgary...please BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THEM!

But seriously- I might not like most of Vancouver's players, but I hope you guys do well this year. Overall, you guys were the better team, and you deserve it.

I'll never say "Go ______ Go" (insert Vancouver's team name), but I'll say this...the Flames couldn't do it in the end...I wouldn't EVER want the Canucks to win the cup, but I'm not going to cheer for an American team either. You guys are all thats left for Canada. Make the country proud!

What game were you watching? Kipper had no chance on any of those goals. The defense tonight was terrible, which lead to costly turn overs and good chances for the hawks. Not to mention the lucky bounces and deflections they got :/

My Ride
    09 e92 335i

Originally posted by icky2unk
    *waits for canucks fans to douche it up*

on a side not, we need a new goalie. Kipper just doesn't have it in him anymore. I think hes better in net with his stick then with his glove. I swear he's made more impossible stick saves then normal glove saves.
    It's no coincidence that Kipper's stats dropped substantially since Keenan's been here. Kipper's fine, even Brodeur has had some bad seasons... definitely get rid of Keenan though. I hate that Kipper is victimized when our D plays like shit.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by 88CRX
    They quickly went over injuries on the fan......

- Phaneuf (something has been messed with his hip all season, gonna require off season surgury, also has a bum shoulder)
    - Langkow (has a broken bone in his hand as well as broken rib or ribs)
    - Bourque (ankle & concussed)
    - Conroy (shoulder I think they said)
    - Sarich (playing with a broken bone in his foot)
    - Glencross (didn't expand on it at all)

So Dion had the broken ribs and the hip stuff. Langkow no breaks. Sarich broken ankle.... fuck.

My Ride
    SR20 240sx / 2002 Jeep

fuck the canucks forever and always. ill cheer for my boy Savard out in boston.

Efff this is getting brutal.

My Ride
    Upass

I am not going to go into a whole bunch of details of where we need to improve. But one key area to look into for next year is goaltending. I am not saying trade kipper far from that, I still think he is a top 5 goal tender in the league. We either need to find a good backup or play McElhinney some more and let him develope. Every year since the cup run Kipper has played more games each season and his performance/stats have gone down, clearly he is being over played.
    Last edited by Nav13; 04-27-2009 at 11:58 PM.

I'm sick of this dump the puck type of play. They have NO set plays. I'll be honest, I do support the flames but only because it's my home team. I'm not much of a hockey fan, but honestly, why the hell aren't the flames putting big bert in front of k'bulin? WTF is with that? If you put a big guy with great puck handling skills, the goalie will not see it, and since bertuzzi has amazing hand-eye cordination he would be the perfect guy for that type of play.
    That was embarrassing. Flame me all you want! I could care less. You guys have no set plays, you always dump the puck in. Forgive me for my restricted hockey knowledge but jesus christ. That was terrible to watch.

Originally posted by nightfx

It's no coincidence that Kipper's stats dropped substantially since Keenan's been here. Kipper's fine, even Brodeur has had some bad seasons... definitely get rid of Keenan though. I hate that Kipper is victimized when our D plays like shit.
    But there is no denying he played weak this series. Despite the bad D. You look at when we played detroit a couple years back. They dominated us in every aspect but Kipper was able to keep those games to minimal where we were able to steal games. Like Habbi did for Chicago today.

My Ride

Kipper has had 3 fourty win seasons. He's carried us on his back to the cup finals. I cant believe how fans quickly forget and are willing to hang out the guy to dry. The goals Kipper allowed in the last game we not weak. On top of that he was missing his defensive leader the entire series, and the d in front of him was playing injured.

Keenan also rode him the whole season. I'm not sure on the stats, but I'm pretty sure he either led the league in starts or was top 3. Our backup sucks, we need a decent guy to play regularily to give Kipper breaks.

Habbi looked much more fresh than Kipper this series because he split time with Huet most the season, and didnt take over the job until the end of the season.

If there one one guy I would hang out to dry for absolutely dissapearing and costing himself millions next year, I'd have to say Cammy.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Dissapointing end to the season.. but after 4 straight first round exits, you can bet there will be change.

1. Coaching: Players weren't too fond of Keenan.. he didnt have full PP/PK systems, and overplayed certain players. The odd blowout game we had was because of this.. The players were just beat.
    -I'm hope Duane Sutter comes from NJ.. he has turned that team around and actually brought them to play exciting hockey. Not sure how a Sutter/Sutter combo works though

2. GM. Sutter has done pretty good with players and personnel here IMO.. and if you get rid of him, there is an awful lot of undoing in the organization to change what hes done. Plus there really isnt a feasible upgrade at this point.

3. Players:
    -Cammi-Gone. You were invisible durig the playoffs. Thanks for a good regular season. Get your $$ somewhere else...

-Phanuef: rest up.. you stunk this year. Rumors of him being a primadonna. I'd almost be temped to trade him. (Hmmm Phaneuf and Jokinen to Tampa for Vinny and the #2 pick?-Hedman?) Would certainly help our cap situation...

-Bertuzzi: Never thought I would say this... but he was a good addition. Although a defensive liability and he took some stupid penalties, we dont have many othe players that were as creative, or had as good of hands. I'd like to keep him around.

-Roy. -Meh. Cant fight, cant score.. what good are you? Buh-bye

-Lundmark-If there is room.. I'd like you to re-sign.

-Aucoin-I'd like him to return.. but cheaper.

-Leopold-I dunno. Tough to say.

-Pardy-good young D.. keep ya around.

-Jokinen-I think you are a decent fit.. still under contract

-Need a viable backup goalie... feel bad for the young guys, but such is life.

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

^i think curtis mac held his ground for the most part when he was in. considering he was underplayed. the one win he had and when he was swapped out during game 5, he played great i thought. only let one slip by...

Sutter/Keenan need to go
    need either play Mac more or trade him and get a back up that can allow kipper some nights off
    Bert needs to go he is a cancer even back in his Canucks days

Originally posted by urbannomad
    I'm sick of this dump the puck type of play. They have NO set plays. I'll be honest, I do support the flames but only because it's my home team. I'm not much of a hockey fan, but honestly, why the hell aren't the flames putting big bert in front of k'bulin? WTF is with that? If you put a big guy with great puck handling skills, the goalie will not see it, and since bertuzzi has amazing hand-eye cordination he would be the perfect guy for that type of play.
    That was embarrassing. Flame me all you want! I could care less. You guys have no set plays, you always dump the puck in. Forgive me for my restricted hockey knowledge but jesus christ. That was terrible to watch.
    Set plays? Are we talking about set plays like "The Flying V" and the "Knuckle Puck"? A word of advice: Fortunately/Unfortunately The Mighty Ducks movies do not accurately depict how hockey is played.

Haha, so many emotional changes being suggested. Go relax, cool off about the Flames being eliminated then look back at some of the ridiculous changes being suggested in this thread.

---

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by dharminder
    Sutter/Keenan need to go
    need either play Mac more or trade him and get a back up that can allow kipper some nights off
    Bert needs to go he is a cancer even back in his Canucks days
    -McElhinneys contract is up this year.... hes free to go on his own

-Contrary to what most think of Bertuzzi, what Ive heard is that he queitly has become a leader in the dressing room. He was the one that took Dion (everyones love child) out for a chat letting him know that hes gotta smarten up.... Dions ego is the one who is becoming too big for the team....

My Ride
    a tank

I think we need to focus on defense first, I rather trade up some of our forward and snatch up another solid defensemen, hack if we can pry Jay Bouwnmeester out of florida, then that would be gold.

cant blame kipper, but if you enhance the defence it enhances kipper too.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Originally posted by R-Audi
    Dissapointing end to the season.. but after 4 straight first round exits, you can bet there will be change.

1. Coaching: Players weren't too fond of Keenan.. he didnt have full PP/PK systems, and overplayed certain players. The odd blowout game we had was because of this.. The players were just beat.
    -I'm hope Duane Sutter comes from NJ.. he has turned that team around and actually brought them to play exciting hockey. Not sure how a Sutter/Sutter combo works though

Duane Sutter does not coach the New Jersey Devils. Agreed that Keenan needs to go
    2. GM. Sutter has done pretty good with players and personnel here IMO.. and if you get rid of him, there is an awful lot of undoing in the organization to change what hes done. Plus there really isnt a feasible upgrade at this point.
    Agreed
    3. Players:
    -Cammi-Gone. You were invisible durig the playoffs. Thanks for a good regular season. Get your $$ somewhere else...
    Agree that he's gone, not that he was invisible. He was just neutralized by Chicago's fast defense. It was not a good matchup for Cammalleri. If we won the division and played St. Louis, he would've been huge.
    -Phanuef: rest up.. you stunk this year. Rumors of him being a primadonna. I'd almost be temped to trade him. (Hmmm Phaneuf and Jokinen to Tampa for Vinny and the #2 pick?-Hedman?) Would certainly help our cap situation...
    Why the F&*@ would Tampa Bay make that trade?!?! Phaneuf is fine. He played the entire season hurt.

-Bertuzzi: Never thought I would say this... but he was a good addition. Although a defensive liability and he took some stupid penalties, we dont have many othe players that were as creative, or had as good of hands. I'd like to keep him around.
    agreed. I'd like to see him stay.
    -Roy. -Meh. Cant fight, cant score.. what good are you? Buh-bye

-Lundmark-If there is room.. I'd like you to re-sign.

-Aucoin-I'd like him to return.. but cheaper.

-Leopold-I dunno. Tough to say.

-Pardy-good young D.. keep ya around.

-Jokinen-I think you are a decent fit.. still under contract

-Need a viable backup goalie... feel bad for the young guys, but such is life.
    Roy - Agree
    Lundmark - Agree
    Aucoin - Bye bye
    Leopold - Bye bye
    Pardy - Agree
    Jokinen - HUGE addition to this team. Will be great next season.
    Backup goalie - McElhinney will be a fine backup and can play 15-20 games next season.

I'd like to see what Jacques Lemaire could do with this team.

I guess I will chip in with my thoughts.

Preface by saying; I already cancelled my sports theme pack on TV. Flames out = hockey over.

I'm not a huge Keenan fan. I would not be disappointed to see him go. One aspect I do not like is how hard he is on goalies. I think he has hurt Miikka's confidence. He also needs to stop fucking with the chemistry of the lines.

Miikka played too many games. I think CMac needs more ice time, but not in the NHL. His positioning is poor and rebound control needs work. Playing more games will solve this, but not at the expense of losing regular season points.

Sutter is doing fine. I do think he needs to address the locker room when he makes trades or considers future players. I think a team's heart comes from the locker room, and my impression is that the Flames have some attitudes/ego in the room that need to go (see Dion).

Players:

Cammi - rad chemistry, Keenan juggled a lot of lines and maybe pooched it. I would almost support you staying...but you need to be realistic about your contract $$$.

Joki - I'm not sure you are a fit. I don't think you blend well in the locker room.

Phanuef - it is time to go son. You can barely move your feet on the ice, and I think it is because your head is too big, or you are looking for your gf in the stands. When a goal is scored, I often see #3 on the ice.

Bert - welcome to Calgary. I think you should stay. However, I want to see some of the old Bert out there. One request: next year, get in front of goaltenders and get fucking messy. You are a big guy with incredible hands. Rebounds are yours for the taking.

Roy - meh. It was said already, you can't fight, so why are you here? We have better talent on the farm.

Lundmark - nice to see you get a chance to play and I liked the confidence.

Aucoin - I'd like him to return.. but cheaper. Not my quote, but a good call.

Leopold - We dont play sloppy defense in Calgary sir. You need to remember your roots. I think you can bounce back.

Pardy - great year son. A rookie #28.

Nystrom - great to see you play. you showed so much heart and drive. I hope you get a promotion next year.

Boyd - you need more ice time. you could be a second liner.

Iggy - I hope you can figure out your streakiness. We had luck this year with secondary scoring while you were cold, but that was just a fluke.

Miikka - rest up buddy. you earned it.

My Ride
    TDi

I want the big ass flag!

I had a feeling we would lose so I gave up my better tickets to friends =D

Get rid of keenan!
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by icky2unk
    *waits for canucks fans to douche it up*
    ...or Flames fans, as the case may be.

Originally posted by S13_Ryan
    fuck the canucks forever and always.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by malcolmk14

Duane Sutter does not coach the New Jersey Devils. Agreed that Keenan needs to go

Why the F&*@ would Tampa Bay make that trade?!?! Phaneuf is fine. He played the entire season hurt.

I'd like to see what Jacques Lemaire could do with this team.
    So I messed up a Sutter name. Theres enough of them around...Brent. I'd like Brent to coach!

Tampa and their owners are in financial trouble..(Big long term contract) and they desperately need D. Maybe we add in something else.. Dion sucked this year. If hes hurt, take time off to get better. I dont beleive for a moment he was hurt the entire year. The guys ego is way out of line.. been that way for the last two years. I'd love to replace him with Boumeester.. maybe a straight up deal since hes an UFA.

Lemaire coaches incredibly boring hockey.. I was thrilled we got away from the defensive hockey of a few years back.. Lemaire is a step backwards. No more old school coaches! The game is different, and they cant react.

Page 259 of 260 FirstFirst ... 249 258 259 260 LastLast