Quantcast
Printing problems on mac - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Printing problems on mac

My Ride
    05 Lifted ram-08 Mega Cab Dually-1946 383 Chev

Default Printing problems on mac

I have a Canon pro 9000 printer (does 13x19" wide prints or longer if I have my roll on)

I was using it with my HP media center computer (M7750n) and it worked fantastically, then I bought my new mac pro tower, and the pictures come out like absolute shit, the colour is over, pictures are grainy, too much ink on the photo's, and even if I change the image quality print to max, etc and try every type of option possible, it still doesnt come out right, but if i plug it back into my HP it works flawlessly, I got the mac drivers for it from canon, I was just wondering if there was any printer calibrating software that would help my situation.

Default Re: Printing problems on mac

I installed the latest drivers and software when I got the printer, and it seems to work fine with my Mac Pro.. did you download the latest software right from Canon (I'm not sure if the software included on the CD or DVD that came with it is the latest or not)

Originally posted by black_radiation
    I have a Canon pro 9000 printer (does 13x19" wide prints or longer if I have my roll on)

I was using it with my HP media center computer (M7750n) and it worked fantastically, then I bought my new mac pro tower, and the pictures come out like absolute shit, the colour is over, pictures are grainy, too much ink on the photo's, and even if I change the image quality print to max, etc and try every type of option possible, it still doesnt come out right, but if i plug it back into my HP it works flawlessly, I got the mac drivers for it from canon, I was just wondering if there was any printer calibrating software that would help my situation.

Yeah, shipped software is usually out of date by the time you install what comes with the printer. Make sure the latest is DL'ded from the canon site.

My Ride
    AI Servo

This is most likely a colour profile issue. What software are you printing with? Make sure the right ICC colour profile is configured for the printer and paper. Sometimes this is done outside of the software through the drivers.