Quantcast
Mental Health *snap* - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Mental Health *snap*

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Mental Health *snap*

I remember a while ago cruisin' beyond and there was a thread on the travel section (Have you ever just wanted to get up and leave?) and I laughed because at the time I had definitely thought buying a one-way plane ticket and just taking off to... whever... ya know?

Well lately I'm just not happy at all with where I've established myself. I mean, by comparison to a lot of people, I have it pretty good- I own my own business, car, etc., but at the end of the day I'm just starting to lose my mind. I'm tired of people harassing me over stupid shit like lead quality or market saturation, family members doing dumb shit, and my friends being even dumber.

Like, ARGH, I can't get 5 minutes to just chill anymore. There's always something gonig on, always someone trying to dip their hands in my wallet or get me to do some shit that I really don't want to do. Whatever happened to leaving work at 5 and having the evening to yourself? I dunno, but I feel like I work 24/7 and it's starting to really get to my head.

So I've been thinking about taking off somewhere for a while. You know, one of those fleeting thoughts that you have but know you'll never actually do, only this time I'm sitting here seriosuly considering it. I'd love to move to Hawaii, get a nice little place, and learn to surf ya know? Just chill, enjoy life, keep things simple.

Has anyone actually DONE that?

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

i did that and moved here to calgary, haha. will probably do it again in a couple years too. i was thinking of hawaii as well. definitely the place i want to end up in the long run.

My Ride

Originally posted by eglove
    i did that and moved here to calgary, haha. will probably do it again in a couple years too. i was thinking of hawaii as well. definitely the place i want to end up in the long run.
    For real.

Leave the girlfriend and material shit, sell it all, and just leave.

That'd be awesome.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

do it up, a little adventure is always a good thing. at first it's scary, not knowing anyone (still don't really haha) but in the end it's good, you get focused. you start to figure out what you really want. i'm still young (23) so i could definitely see myself doing it again. i kind of want to go on the extreme, go to asia or something. maybe japan or something.

My Ride
    Rust bucketz

It really comes down if your willing to sell everything you own or whatever and just take off. I think by the sounds of it that your just pissed off with the way shit is going at the moment and you want something different but that involves leaving your buisness,cars,girlfriend, family or whatever else you might be leaving behind.

If you put yourself in the place your in now..do you really think it's worth running away from it all and starting over from complete scratch? I know your saying that you want to get away but if it's becuase of beeing stressed or just things not going the way you think it should wouldnt it be kind of cowardly to just get up and go like that?

I would start thinking about whats really going wrong and work on that first before just takeing off like that.

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

My suggestion is to actually go to Hawaii and check things out...Take some time for yourself and go. You'll have time to clear your head and get your priorities straight. I've done it 2 years ago and never regretted it, left my wife and daughter for 2 weeks and quit my job. Hung out for 2 weeks alone. Trust me it's worth it.
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

My Ride
    is hella cheap.

My friend went to Europe for 2 years just to get away from it all. She came back and said it was one of the best things she's ever done.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Hawaii is not the best place to go, it's expensive, it's America afterall. Australia, Fiji, Cuba, Jamaica, Id check those places out.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Ya man, last summer I had enough of my office job so I took 6 months off and went and worked up north there on a service rig. Not exactly the same kind of "vacation", but it felt like one to me.

Best decision I ever made to just walk out for half a year, I might just do it again sometime if I feel the need. It was sweet, I worked for a few months and then layed on the couch/snowboarded/hung out in a coffee shop for 7 weeks before I went back to reality.

If you think you need it, just do it.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Hawaii is not the best place to go, it's expensive, it's America afterall. Australia, Fiji, Cuba, Jamaica, Id check those places out.
    there is also a very limited job market, good place to visit/retire though.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Is this what happens in a mid-mid life Crisis?

TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 07:40 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    Taco

I did it for a year in Australia, was a beach bum, lived in my car. Was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I say go there over Hawaii.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by finboy

there is also a very limited job market, good place to visit/retire though.
    Sort of defeats the purpose of wanting to get away from it all. If he wanted it all he would stay in Calgary.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Default Re: Mental Health *snap*

Originally posted by A790

Like, ARGH, I can't get 5 minutes to just chill anymore. There's always something gonig on, always someone trying to dip their hands in my wallet or get me to do some shit that I really don't want to do. Whatever happened to leaving work at 5 and having the evening to yourself? I dunno, but I feel like I work 24/7 and it's starting to really get to my head.
    sounds like every person that owns a business that i know, well at least for the first long while of owning that business. you probably wont get any free time for many years to come if you stick with it. maybe being an employee is more right for you? dont have to deal with any hassles and you get the leave it all behind everyday at 5.

My Ride

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Sort of defeats the purpose of wanting to get away from it all. If he wanted it all he would stay in Calgary.
    Yea, well, that's the thing.

I already own my own business and set my own hours, so on that level I suppose I have some freedom. The problem is that many people in this industry seem to think that you're on-call 24 hours a day whenever something stupid happens. Since I don't generate a paycheck and am relying on myself to generate an income it kind of fucks me when things like that happen.

Financially I'm doing fine. I make plenty of money, but that's not my issue. It just seems that I've complicated my life to the point where it's going to be like this for the rest of it. You know when you're younger (like in high school) and you dream about what your life would be like when you were finally on your way? Yea, this isn't how I pictured it.

I always thought that I'd find a way to enjoy life, do something that I really wanted to do, and experience all the things that you're supposed to experience. Now I find that my business has no real value- if I disappeared tomorrow nobody would "miss" what I did (except for my advertisers maybe).

I dunno, maybe it's the culimination of several weeks of stress and anxiety, but I'm about ready to call it quits.

Before I make any rash decisions though I've decided to take steps to de-stress my life. After 5 pm the phones are off, period, and I no longer check my work e-mails after 6. Those are the first two that I want to commit to, then maybe I'll incorporate a couple of more in there.

I dunno, I have to laugh every time I hear someone talk about the "rat race" because, although I definitely don't live in it, it's almost more appealing than to be working from a home office 24/7.

To those that did just up and move, how did you find it helped your mental self? Did you ever worry about things that went on wherever you came from?

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Mental Health *snap*

Originally posted by ercchry

sounds like every person that owns a business that i know, well at least for the first long while of owning that business. you probably wont get any free time for many years to come if you stick with it. maybe being an employee is more right for you? dont have to deal with any hassles and you get the leave it all behind everyday at 5.
    Yea, the thing is that I'm not a great employee. I am way too stubborn and self-directed. I tried working in a related position eight months ago and it didn't pan out. Ironically, that's why I now run my own business.

My Ride
    (s13 p.o.s 3years +) 97 pathfinder

do it up, change is good.
    when my gfs bro pass'ed away, she took some time off from everything. Well the whole family did...
    its really good to think things over, new experience, u wont reget it

My Ride
    NC1

It's something that everyone has contemplated at one point or another. Life is what you make of it so if you feel that you need to get away, then GO! The only thing that would hold me back is money because honestly, you need a certain amount of it regardless where you go IMO. So if you have a safety net and are willing to let go of what you have, then all the best to you dude.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

everyone that owns a business, or trying to make a solid career for themselves must put in the 24/7 mentality in order to enjoy the finer things in life when they 30,40,50,60 etc etc. The ones that dont put time in now are usually the ones that panic because they dont have xxx dollars saved for retirement.

Try putting a different spin on things in your current situation. See how you feel after.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast