Quantcast
I got F@*ked over! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I got F@*ked over!

My Ride
    99 1.8t

Default I got F@*ked over!

Still can't believe this...

Last summer took my car in to Honda West to get the oil pressure sending unit replaced, as it was leaking. I was taking my car to BC so i didn't want any surprises during the drive. They fixed that for me and called me to come pick it up. I drive over, pay for the work, and leave.

Driving up to my house my car starts smoking like crazy, i pull over, and my car is pissing oil. Looked like the rear main seal.... Stupid me i drive the car back to the dealership and what do i see? I trail of oil from the garage to the exact spot my car was parked in... Go in and flip out. They say they will fix it at a cheaper rate...What can i do? I let them do the work. Come back when they say its done, pay for the work and leave. Im not really choked about the rear main seal, it was a JDM motor so the seal was probably dried up.

This is the best part. It took them about a week to get the rear main seal done, during this time i went and checked out the progress as my car was left outside. Popped the hood and sure enough my tranny was off and i could see my ACT pressure plate. Cool it was all yellow and orange. So im doing and engine swap on my car about 6 months later, take my tranny off...THE MECHANIC STOLE MY FUCKING CLUTCH!!! I see a stock pressure plate and a worn out clutch....so fucking pissed.

Now my next question is what can i do? besides filing a suit with the BB?

My Ride
    SlowBalt

You would need hella good proof..

My Ride
    335i

LOL...

sorry to hear about your bad luck, but that's pretty funny. Didn't you notice a difference between a stock clutch and an aftermarket one?
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    99 1.8t

It wasn't a stage2 or anything. just a factory replacement i was told. but thanks for laughing at my misfortune, Kudos to you

Settle down. This is beyond, people will laugh at you no matter what you post. PM ekguy and he'll tell you all about it.

There are probably only 2 ways to get your clutch back
    1. you confront honda west and the guy who stole it cracks under the pressure and admits to it.
    2. You got him on tape stealing it.

Wow man.. sounds like they put the wrong clutch back on after replacing the seal.

Which is pretty damn strange considering its not like buddy doing the repair was pulling a random clutch out of a pile of parts.

Gonna be tricky though. You can show receipts but they'll just say "so?".

Take this opportunity to upgrade.

And learn to fix your own damn car! haha

My Ride
    Da1.8t , e46 m3 , dc2 Gsr supercharged, 2001 typeR

i dont get how u didnt know a difference between a stock worn out clutch and an aftermarket atc, after wards they fuked u over

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

LOL...

6 months later down the road and you notice...I think its too lil too late unless you have solid proof but go for a lawsuit anyway, it wouldnt hurt, you can pretend you have all this evidence against the mechanic and confront him and see what happens, or you can go after Honda West itself since the theft was done while he was working...
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride

Honda West is shady and incompentent as fuck. Sorry about the long post but it may help.

Last time I dropped my keys to get work done including summer wheels put on, I realized I had forgotten the key for the wheel locks. Go back to give it to them and the bay door for my car was open so I just walked in. Trunk is open, subs blasting, one "mechanic" is flipping through my cd case. Another guy was looking really closely at my my passenger seat. I get closer and he's looking at a fresh new tear in the middle of my leather seat. The idiot still has the huge screwdriver in his backpocket that obviously did the damage, but he tried to tell me it was already there when they got the car.

After a long drawn out fight with the manager, I got him to admit the tear was their fault and he paid for getting it fixed. This was after a two week fight to get warrentee work done, that was only resolved when I went over their head to Honda Canada and complained.

My car was there for a whole weekend, for about 5 hours worth of work. When I go pick up my car, the first thing I noticed is there is about 50-60 more kms than when I dropped it off on the odo. Secondly, despite me marking the wheels with chalk and making sure it was clarified in the work order, my directional wheels were still put on wrong.

It wouldnt surprise me they fucked you. The minute they give you any problems when you bring this up, mention how your next call is going to be Honda Canada and the news stations. There has been a ton of complaints against Honda West, and from my experience, mentioning having to call Honda Canada again was enough to get them into action for my cases.

Thats why I love having a friend that is a mechanic.

Dealerships FTL

sorry to hear about your shitty luck man..
    i hope this thread opens up alot of eyes to the kind of business honda west is running.. i know i'll never bring my car to them ever now
    Originally posted by 5000Audi
    Btw never paid for a massage before.. i own, i mean have a wife

My Ride
    99 1.8t

Like i said before it was a factory replacement clutch, and by no means was it brand new. about a year old actually. so if it replaced with a similiar condition factory clutch i know no one here would be able to tell the difference...
    haha obviously if im doing an engine swap i figured out how to work on my car
    and to dj-rice....how would i notice without taking of my transmission?
    Last edited by garyb; 05-03-2008 at 02:01 PM.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by Spoons
    Thats why I love having a friend that is a mechanic.

Dealerships FTL
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    99 1.8t

gosh im so heated and bothered over this situation. anyone know any places with smoking good deals on clutchs?

^^Honda West.

My Ride
    92 SW20/ 92 Soarer 5spd/ 91 Soarer

^^
    Originally posted by rmk
    Mustang owners are right up there with the BMW guys.
    Americans may have invented the car but the Japanese perfected it!

My Ride
    RDX

Another bad story from Honda West

Did you contact them yet? Ask them whats up, and then when they start to give you the run around, say you'll be calling a lawyer.

- Did the car come with that clutch? or did you put it in?

- receipt for it?

if it was in there and they were the only one to touch it, not hard to point a finger.

My Ride
    Accord Coupe

Default Fa*ked over at Honda West

I will never go there again either, I had them do an inspection on a vehilce I was looking at, and as I was going through the report/checklist, I noticed that they checked the ABS and it was fine...so I mentioned this to the service manager and said "are you sure you completed this inspection", he said "yes", so I asked him "why was the ABS was checked off when this model doesn't have ABS"?

After a few minutes of arguing, he started to count each item on the list (which took a while as he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer) and then responded to me that "there are ~75 items on this list, and you are complaining about us missing a mere 1, I don't see the issue"

Needless to say I haven't been back, and never will be...and considering we own two honda's, it likely wasn't the smartest move for them!

My Ride
    Silvia / G35

Maybe you want my advice, maybe you dont...

Raise a shitstorm. From working there for a while, whenever someone complained and made a scene (only when other customers are there) they did something about it. If I were you, I would go in with the name of the mechanic (or point him out), a phone call already made to BBB and a lawyers card who you say will be contacting them (only if that is legitimate though). Have a list of how much everything will be to replace, and talk to John, he can vouch for you .

However, if you have no proof (maybe dig up a picture from the swap, hopefully with time recordings) it could be a very tough situation to overcome.

Goodluck Gary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast