Quantcast
Post holes for deck/fence - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Post holes for deck/fence

My Ride
    stakes into the hearts of vampires

Originally posted by redline_13000

I wouldnt have spent $3000+ for a bobcat auger if I could have paid <$1000 for a handheld and made the same money. I do probably 5 homes a week, and 4 out of 5 say they have tried with the handheld and gave up, or twisted their arms etc.

We have a bobcat, a 2 man auger and a hydraulic auger. 9 out of 10 times the hydraulic works just as well as a bobcat, and is nearly impossible to hurt yourself with (unless you're a moron). Also, I have a gas powered 2 man and it definately does not cost $1000, more like $5800 and it almost always works, usually they even pull up huge rocks (maybe you've just used shitty augers and thats your problem). The only time the bobcat is used to pop holes is when we hit sandstone, do 6foot holes or 40+ holes in one area. So, I think the bobcat guys opinion is a little biased because he only uses one outlet to do holes, and onbviously is very misinformed when it comes to the alternatives.

My Ride
    stakes into the hearts of vampires

And when it comes to you talking about people not being able to pop holes with an auger and getting hurt, I'd be willing to bet it's because they don't know how to use it properly. I bet if joe blow got into a bobcat he wouldn't have much luck with popping a hole either. It's all about knowing what you're doing

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

Ya, I dont know why I do so many houses per week with the bobcat, when the homeowners could just rent the 2 man auger and do it for $55

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

Originally posted by redline_13000
    Ya, I dont know why I do so many houses per week with the bobcat, when the homeowners could just rent the 2 man auger and do it for $55
    Same reason people pay a kid to shovel their driveway for $40 when they could do it themselves for free in 3 minutes.
    ---

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

Originally posted by kenny

Same reason people pay a kid to shovel their driveway for $40 when they could do it themselves for free in 3 minutes.
    The guys with handheld augers are much cheaper to hire than I am, but they still call me

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2