Quantcast
Post holes for deck/fence - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Post holes for deck/fence

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

Default Post holes for deck/fence

Anyone know of anyone who has a bobcat that can drill a couple holes for deck/fence posts for a reasonable price?

If you only want a couple of holes dug, you can rent a manual auger for like $20.

If you have more holes you can rent a power auger for not much more. It might be hard to find someone to drill only a couple holes for you.

My Ride
    08 VQ35HR

I've got about 20 holes. I tried renting a 2 man auger but it's doesn't work very well when it's too rocky. I need a bobcat.

My Ride
    Miller

Fenceco will do it. 461-9604 guys name is Evan.

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

I have a bobcat with an auger and will do it for you, Hand held gas augers wont do it properly. Pm me with some details and I can give you a price!

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

My Ride
    stakes into the hearts of vampires

Originally posted by redline_13000
    ... Hand held gas augers wont do it properly...
    How do you figure?

My Ride
    Miller

I have a bobcat with an auger and will do it for you, Hand held gas augers wont do it properly. Pm me with some details and I can give you a price!

Why won't they work properly? That is what they are meant to do. What happens if you can't get a bobcat into and area...gotta dig by hand? They work just fine.

My Ride

Well try the handheld ones doing 20 or more holes, then come back and reply to this thread if you didnt break/twist something on your body

My Ride

Originally posted by sml
    I've got about 20 holes. I tried renting a 2 man auger but it's doesn't work very well when it's too rocky. I need a bobcat.
    He already tried, and now hes looking for a bobcat to do it, obviously the handheld didnt work too well, I would rather be safe and hire a bobcat to do it, then do it myself. Those handheld ones are VERY dangerous, anyone that has one will tell you that.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Well try the handheld ones doing 20 or more holes, then come back and reply to this thread if you didnt break/twist something on your body
    Why's that a big deal?

I used to manually dig post holes, 3 feet deep, with a manual auger. Not just one or two holes, but entire fences. Was helping a friend start a business and he didn't have the capital to get a bobcat and whatnot, so we did it all manually. Works just fine to me. Mind you, now he has a bobcat and its way better.

I would rather be safe and hire a bobcat to do it, then do it myself. Those handheld ones are VERY dangerous, anyone that has one will tell you that.
    Says the guy with the Bobcat.
    ---

I have to agree though.. I rented a handheld last summer and ended up digging them all by hand anyhow... they're not that powerful. Ugh I feel sore just thinking about it...

My Ride

Originally posted by kenny

Says the guy with the Bobcat.

I wouldnt have spent $3000+ for a bobcat auger if I could have paid <$1000 for a handheld and made the same money. I do probably 5 homes a week, and 4 out of 5 say they have tried with the handheld and gave up, or twisted their arms etc.

I don't argue that sometimes there could be really hard clay or large rocks that get in the way (trust me, I know lol) but its not "VERY Dangerous" like you say. I'm merely poking fun at you for saying "I would rather be safe and hire a bobcat to do it" when you have a bobcat and offer those services.

---

My Ride

I don't argue that sometimes there could be really hard clay or large rocks that get in the way (trust me, I know lol) but its not &quot;VERY Dangerous&quot; like you say. I'm merely poking fun at you for saying &quot;I would rather be safe and hire a bobcat to do it&quot; when you have a bobcat and offer those services.

Ya, but if I didnt have one I would hire someone to do it, no way I would touch one of those again. I did try doing a few holes with it once and it wasnt fun, better hope there isnt anything close by that the machine can throw you into (deck, house etc) and we had to use a drill with a masonry bit first and drill about 20 small holes in each post hole area to loosen it up.

RONA rentals (seems I'm replying to a lot of rental threads lately LOL) has large, gas, post hole augers that are for use by 1 person. They are quite substantial, and not nearly as dangerous as the ones where one guy stands on each side of it holding it. I think their like $75/day to rent, probably WAY cheaper than a bobcat and it will get the job done very quickly. 20 holes would be no problem at all.

It looks like this: http://www.trupower.com/Ground_hog/1-man-auger.htm

They work super well.

I don't argue that sometimes there could be really hard clay or large rocks that get in the way (trust me, I know lol) but its not &quot;VERY Dangerous&quot; like you say. I'm merely poking fun at you for saying &quot;I would rather be safe and hire a bobcat to do it&quot; when you have a bobcat and offer those services.

Aren't you a bigger guy? young, works out? Not sure if I'm thinking of the right guy.. but anyways, can you imagine some 50 yr old guy that hasn't walked to the curb in the last 20 yrs, let alone do something like auger a hole. He gets the big idea hes gonna cheap out and dig some holes, I don't see it turning out too well..

Originally posted by Supa Dexta

Aren't you a bigger guy? young, works out? Not sure if I'm thinking of the right guy.. but anyways, can you imagine some 50 yr old guy that hasn't walked to the curb in the last 20 yrs, let alone do something like auger a hole. He gets the big idea hes gonna cheap out and dig some holes, I don't see it turning out too well..
    Wrong Kenny
    ---

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Supa Dexta

Aren't you a bigger guy? young, works out? Not sure if I'm thinking of the right guy..

Wrong Kenny
    LOL, Here's Kennys recent profile photo:

Looks CAN be deceiving! There's a lotta might in that little scrawny frame.

Holy Pole Plow Batman!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Travel

Ok I now picture the auger bit staying still, and you being thrown around and around holding the handle,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast