Quantcast
FS: 1993 Acura Legend LS Coupe - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 1993 Acura Legend LS Coupe

My Ride
    firebird

Default FS: 1993 Acura Legend LS Coupe

Well its finally time to sell my baby . I am buying a new car with a warranty so I can be safe for the next 3 years while I am in school. This car is a serious head turner and it is extremely rare. I get comments on it where ever I go and I am very reluctant to sell it. I have put a lot of effort into maintaining the car and it will be a real treat for whoever gets it. I have completely babied the car and have done any necessary work to it.

Things to know:
    -1993 Acura Legend LS Coupe (Top Model)
    -Very Rare (6 speed manual transmission mated to a 230 hp Type II V6) 1 of 6 in the city (Acura's first 6 speed)
    -Castrol Syntec since new every ~5000km
    -Change all fluids regularly
    -171 000 km
    -2nd Owner
    -BC Car: No Rust!
    -Engine is tight and spotless: no leaks and no burning oil

Options:
    -Fully loaded; Traction Control, heated front Seats, Power everything, sunroof, beige leather interior with no rips, real burlwood console and trim peices, ABS, 4 wheel Disc Brakes, Front Airbags, Auto Climate Control, AC, heated mirrors, etc (all luxury ammenities)

Other:
    -Amazing winter and highway car; car rides like a dream on the highway and is very smooth; most of the kms are highway as all my driving is from Mckenzie; I also go to Edmonton every couple of weeks to see family and have been on numerous trips to BC.
    -Large trunk: With sub and amps you are still able to fit 4 golf bags in the trunk; Also able to carry 4 people and luggage comfortably to any destination
    -Clean Carfax Report (when I bought it)
    -I always let the car warm up before driving to allow oil to circulate
    -Car was washed on average of three times a week

Pics
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=16695
    Note: Strut Bar not inlcuded

Work Done:
    New Paint Job (this summer)
    New windsheild (this summer)
    New Clutch (this summer)
    New Dunlop Z Rated All Season SP 5000 tires, 8 months old
    New Rad (last month)
    New Battery (last year)
    Installed Block Heater (Last Year)
    All front end work done (CV Boots/joints, Ball Joints, Control Arms, etc).
    Other various repairs with all documentation

Mods:
    Top of the line Alpine system ($4500):
    Double DIN head unit ($1600), New Alpine Type R 6.5 Components, New Alpine Type R 6x9s, New 4 Channel Alpine V12 Amp, New Alpine AccuClass D Digital V12, New Alpine 10" Type R Sub in carpeted box
    -All with receipts, boxes and still under warranty except for head unit

Upgraded 94-95 Legend GS Wheels ($1500)

50% bronze tint
    PIAA Fogs
    Clear Corner Lenses
    Compustar 2 Way Alarm with remote start, power locks, and power trunk ($800)

I have invested about $10 000 in this car in the last ~2 years that I have owned it and it is in remarkable shape.

Contact me here or by email: [email protected]

Price: $22 000 Firm
    Last edited by Mckenzie; 11-06-2003 at 01:40 PM.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW SHIT!!! I want your car bad!!!!!!! I love it. I unfortunately am not in the market at this time!!!! GOOD LUCK!!
    BUMP for a Sweet Ride!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

Nice car, rare. Goodluck with the sale.
    2002 Milano Red RSX-S w/ some stuff

My Ride
    firebird

Thanx for keepin' the feedback positive guys.....

I washed it today and saw how nice the paint job was......I almost didnt want to give it up....

I hope it can find a good home.....
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Holy cow! thats alot of money for a 93. The car is worth around $15k. I'd be very intrested in buying it if you were realistic about the price. Let me know.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

Price: $10,880.00
    Odometer: 130000 Km.

Stock Number : 1913050443
    Classification : Coupe
    Transmission : Automatic
    Doors : 2
    Interior Color : Grey
    Exterior Color : Red
    Vehicle Options : Power Locks, Sunroof, Leather Interior, Power Windows, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control
    Description : new brakes, new trans

found that in the trader, sorry man, but 22k...good luck..its nice as hell!!

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

The only thing this car has going for it is it is the first year 6spd type II coupe. There pretty hard to find but there not a collectors item and they don't demand special $$$ The car would be worth 18000 or so if it was a GS 6spd sedan. Now that is a rare acura, something worth paying extra for.

There are lots of 6spd coupes floating around van. 12-15k is the going price. His car is very nice tho!
    Last edited by legendboy; 11-06-2003 at 08:50 PM.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by 04blackMAX
    Price: $10,880.00
    Odometer: 130000 Km.

Stock Number : 1913050443
    Classification : Coupe
    Transmission : Automatic
    Doors : 2
    Interior Color : Grey
    Exterior Color : Red
    Vehicle Options : Power Locks, Sunroof, Leather Interior, Power Windows, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control
    Description : new brakes, new trans

found that in the trader, sorry man, but 22k...good luck..its nice as hell!!
    That is not the same car. There is no comparison between an auto type 1 coupe and a 6 speed type 2 coupe.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

yeah but 12k more for yours........

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by 04blackMAX
    yeah but 12k more for yours........
    I understand. There are quite a few differences between the years....Collectability wise, power wise, option wise and performance wise....

I could bet that there is rust on any of the older legends out there and that their body's are no where close to the shape my car is in. The paint job cost me almost $3000 and it was done in July. Some people think putting money into a car may not increase its value. I beleive that outlfows of cash into the car have to add value to the car because if not, the new owner will have to put more money into the car to begin with.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Originally posted by Mckenzie

I understand. There are quite a few differences between the years....Collectability wise, power wise, option wise and performance wise....

I could bet that there is rust on any of the older legends out there and that their body's are no where close to the shape my car is in. The paint job cost me almost $3000 and it was done in July. Some people think putting money into a car may not increase its value. I beleive that outlfows of cash into the car have to add value to the car because if not, the new owner will have to put more money into the car to begin with.
    no sense in trying to "prove" how much your car is worth, people form an opinon based on what they see and i believe its then hard to change, i believe as someone said, 18,000 would be a good price ...its your car though..its tight...good luck!

Whut a sick ride...awesome condition....

For 22 tho....you'd have to find someone looking for that exact car...my buddy just sold his mint bmw328is 1997 (100K Km's) for 20K.

I'm sure you put a lot of coin and sweat into the ride so I hope you get as much back as possible. good luck.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Question

Originally posted by aznexec

For 22 tho....you'd have to find someone looking for that exact car...my buddy just sold his mint bmw328is 1997 (100K Km's) for 20K.

I'm sure you put a lot of coin and sweat into the ride so I hope you get as much back as possible. good luck.

$20 K for a German BMW 328iS and $22K for 4 yr older 171K kms Asian Legend ?
    Either 1 is a "steal" or one is a "dream"

Anyway, form the pictures, car looks great ! I used to drive a Legend too.

P.S. I should buy your friend 328 iS ! they drive like a dream !

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by tegdream

no sense in trying to "prove" how much your car is worth, people form an opinon based on what they see and i believe its then hard to change, i believe as someone said, 18,000 would be a good price ...its your car though..its tight...good luck!
    I've sold new and used acuras for 2 years, and was a wholesaler on my own for 2. I think I know market prices.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by aznexec

That is the car I was thinking of buying too.....probably 98 though with less Ks so I can get a warranty through BMW.....
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Originally posted by legendboy

I've sold new and used acuras for 2 years, and was a wholesaler on my own for 2. I think I know market prices.
    i was agrreing with you, not meant as an insult

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by legendboy

I guess you are used to paying dealer prices for cars then, which are obviously lower than private sale prices. You would probably be best off picking those cars up in Van. I cant find them on the autotrader though.
    Last edited by Mckenzie; 11-07-2003 at 06:46 PM.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    240sx

It is a good price for a car that is rare in CALGARY, of course you can go to van and buy it cheaper but then you can go to LA and get it even cheaper there just depends on if you are willing to go the distance. New paint and 230 hp = GREAT CAR (dont forget how much they were new)

My Ride
    240sx

Legend boy knows his pricing though i remember him rolling his sedan to bull shit downtown. ahhhh the good old days.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by rogue
    It is a good price for a car that is rare in CALGARY, of course you can go to van and buy it cheaper but then you can go to LA and get it even cheaper there just depends on if you are willing to go the distance. New paint and 230 hp = GREAT CAR (dont forget how much they were new)
    The law of supply and demand will prevail over the black book any day. If there were more cars like mine for sale that I could compare to I would probably price it accordingly. Since there is nothing similar I am hesitant to just give it away for market price. I dont disagree for a second that legendboy knows his pricing but when it comes to rare cars you cant expect to pick them up for dirt cheap. Thanks for keeping your feedback positive.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast