Quantcast
Microsoft publically bashes PS3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft publically bashes PS3

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Microsoft publically bashes PS3

Well... he does have a point. Quote from Aaron Greenburg, Director of Product Management for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live:

I know a lot of folks enjoy watching the console wars and we would never underestimate our competition. But answer to your question specifically, didn't Sony promise all of this last year including Home as well? We have been fighting Sony's promises from the day we entered the market and if you remember at that time it was all about PS2 being an online cybercity with partner announcements from the likes of RealNetworks and AOL. Then three years ago at E3 they showed what PS3 games would supposedly look like with the Killzone 2 video, that we are now learning will ship four years later. That means that we will have shipped Gears of War and Gears of War 2 before they can even get Killzone out the door," he said. "Think back to GDC 2007 when Sony promised to leap ahead in online with the Sony Home unveil. Here we are two years later and multiple delays for a product that appears to have little to no buzz. Where are the achievements? The friends list integration across all games? Where is the long-promised video store? Where are all the other products using and networking with their CELL chip? How come Blu-ray did not result in better games? What happened with Sixaxis and rumble? Where is the complete 1080p game library we were promised? If Blu-ray as they said would be such a catalyst to PS3 console sales, then why have PS3 sales over the past couple months not seen any lift since the format victory?
    Source: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/05/09/...iled-promises/
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

cus bus

My Ride
    4Runner

SO true. PS3 online sucks compared to Xbox live. I only bought a ps3 so i wouldn't be addicted lol
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

My Ride
    I like. :)

Uh oh, Microsoft's resorting to this... at this stage of the game? They probably thought they'd bury PS3 by now, and they're finally realizing they were wrong. They must fear something about Sony that we don't quite know about yet.

If he's trying to say that Sony is crap and MS is good -- well, he's a fag because there's no winner in that argument (as we've seen on this forum). Both companies deserve to burn at the stake for one reason or another.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

haha, nice.

My PS3 run folding at home 24/7. I watch a blu-ray movie once in a while.

I am still waiting for the new Logitech wheel to start playing GT5.

After playing Forza 2 with the wheel, I am never going back to stick based car games.

My Ride
    J35Z2

MS SUX !!!

i have always supported sony and will continue to do so.
    i agree with treg50... ms might know something that we dont.. so they are jumpin to these childish tactics.....

for MS
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Sunny Leone

I would love to make her my Butter Chicken

My Ride
    Mercedes

That quote is so very true and puts this war into a real perspective. It will interesting to see if Sony responds and can back anything up.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

You know what, I'm sick and tired of waiting for shit from Sony. Yea I like my PS3, it's a good system w/ some good games, but Sony fucked up. I'll definitely think twice before adopting their next system.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

I like my PS3 more then my 360. I can run it for hours and not have it shut down, were as I play 360 for more then 4 hours at a time, and the system shuts down and wont turn on again for like an hour. It sucks.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by DNSRadio
    MS SUX !!!

i have always supported sony and will continue to do so.
    i agree with treg50... ms might know something that we dont.. so they are jumpin to these childish tactics.....

for MS
    This wreaks of fanboyism.

Why are they childish tactics? Is anything in the quote not the truth?

Sony has simply over-promised and under delivered on a large number of things.

I dislike MS for a number of reasons, but I also hate Sony. I still buy shit from both of them.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by treg50

If he's trying to say that Sony is crap and MS is good .
    He's not saying that, he's saying Sony likes to hype their products up way more than they should.

How would nissan enthusiasts here feel if the GT-R came out, only with 250 hp, no sports suspension, and an interior like a chevy, with the promise that next years model will be better, only next years model isn't... and neither is the one after that, etc.

(weird analogy, I know, but, meh)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

He's not saying that, he's saying Sony likes to hype their products up way more than they should.

How would nissan enthusiasts here feel if the GT-R came out, only with 250 hp, no sports suspension, and an interior like a chevy, with the promise that next years model will be better, only next years model isn't... and neither is the one after that, etc.

sounds like halo 3 haha

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by dino_martini
    I like my PS3 more then my 360. I can run it for hours and not have it shut down, were as I play 360 for more then 4 hours at a time, and the system shuts down and wont turn on again for like an hour. It sucks.
    Completely backwards for me. My launch console has been on since I bought it (never turns off even when I'm away). The only time it's turned off is when I move it around the house or brought it to DTP last 2 years. Never had a problem.

My PS3 however stopped reading any discs. Took 7 weeks to get it back.

YMMV .
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Fair enough. We know the other side of the coin. I'd say that MS can't be trusted to deliver a reliable, quality built product in this day and age for my money. To borrow your Nissan analogy:

How would Nissan enthusiasts here feel if after a few days or weeks their brandnew GT-R had overheating issues (and the fix was to wrap a towel around their car), with the RROD flashing on the navigation screen, a horrifically noisy (not good noisy) engine, missing one or both turbos (only to have one turbo addedd in a 'Pro' model and the 2nd turbo included an 'Elite' model), and finding out the built-in HDDVD player is being discontinued and no new media made for it --- the only fix: you have to send your car in but you someone elses refurbished unit given to you, which you then call 'your own'... heh yeah you're right that analogy is messed up.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Fair enough. We know the other side of the coin. I'd say that MS can't be trusted to deliver a reliable, quality built product in this day and age for my money. To borrow your Nissan analogy:

How would Nissan enthusiasts here feel if after a few days or weeks their brandnew GT-R had overheating issues (and the fix was to wrap a towel around their car), with the RROD flashing on the navigation screen, a horrifically noisy (not good noisy) engine, missing one or both turbos (only to have one turbo addedd in a 'Pro' model and the 2nd turbo included an 'Elite' model), and finding out the built-in HDDVD player is being discontinued and no new media made for it --- the only fix: you have to send your car in but you someone elses refurbished unit given to you, which you then call 'your own'... heh yeah you're right that analogy is messed up.
    It's the "first year car" syndrome. Happens in the car industry on a regular basis. Microsoft extended the warranty, fixed everyone that had a problem, and the new model refreshes don't break. It's like the E46 M3! haha. BTW - you can't compare hard drives to turbos... no hard drive vs 120g hard drive == same performance. Hard drives are like ski racks, some have them, some don't, just depends on how much you pay! PS3 has 20, 40, 60, 80G models too.

How do you defend the PS3 analogy?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Thats a pretty fucked up analogy, doesn't even make any sense. The first one actually was pretty good anology, this one...missing turbos?? there is no build in hddvd in there either......

My Ride

Originally posted by rage2

It's the "first year car" syndrome. Happens in the car industry on a regular basis. Microsoft extended the warranty, fixed everyone that had a problem, and the new model refreshes don't break. It's like the E46 M3! haha

How do you defend the PS3 analogy?
    By saying you are a sadistic mofo.

"Microsoft publically bashes PS3" nice

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by eblend
    Thats a pretty fucked up analogy, doesn't even make any sense. The first one actually was pretty good anology, this one...missing turbos?? there is no build in hddvd in there either......
    haha can't expect much from PS3 fanboys.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

By saying you are a sadistic mofo.
    I think you're on the right track .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast