Quantcast
Microsoft publically bashes PS3 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft publically bashes PS3

My Ride
    J35Z2

Originally posted by benyl

This wreaks of fanboyism.

Why are they childish tactics? Is anything in the quote not the truth?

Sony has simply over-promised and under delivered on a large number of things.

I dislike MS for a number of reasons, but I also hate Sony. I still buy shit from both of them.

no i totally agree that SONY has promised alot of things, and hasnt delievered

IMO they are childish .. because MS has to go on the offensive to find ways to draw more people to their platform. Hence the statement that was made.

Before whenever anyone in MS was asked about the battle between them and SONY, they woudnt comment too much ( from the stuff that i read )
    and to read something like it jsut seems that MS is jumpin out to try and take away from the SONY Wave that will be happening this year. ( ie/ major games to be released )

once again its just IMO

and its not fanboyism... i have always favored SONY over MS since the days of the original xbox.....

but to each their own.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Sunny Leone

I would love to make her my Butter Chicken

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Down with MS,

Down with Sony.

Buy a wii. Games don't look as great, but are fun as hell to play, and when you pay 60 bucks for a game, you get more than just two hours of play time before you beat it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by DNSRadio
    IMO they are childish .. because MS has to go on the offensive to find ways to draw more people to their platform. Hence the statement that was made.
    Try reading the article. The statement was made because that was what the interviewer asked.

"Lastly, the PlayStation 3 has a number of important exclusive titles — potential system sellers — coming in 2008, including Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, and MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (along with, of course, PlayStation Home). Is Microsoft confident that its slate of releases this year will be enough to combat what many perceive is a slowly growing momentum for Sony’s black box? And do you think that the hype behind (and success of) GTA IV will be able to sustain the 360 until its own heavy hitters come along?"

Originally posted by DeeK
    Buy a wii. Games don't look as great, but are fun as hell to play, and when you pay 60 bucks for a game, you get more than just two hours of play time before you beat it.
    You beat gta4 2 hours?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    I like. :)

Originally posted by rage2
    BTW - you can't compare hard drives to turbos... no hard drive vs 120g hard drive == same performance. Hard drives are like ski racks, some have them, some don't, just depends on how much you pay! PS3 has 20, 40, 60, 80G models too.
    LOL your 'hard drives are like ski racks' revision had me in tears.

My Ride
    E36 M3

Regardless of reliability or speculation about the intent behind Microsoft's remarks (they seem more "off the cuff" to me than anything else)... You have to give credit where it's due... Microsoft "talked the talk" and "walked the walk" where all Sony has done is made a bunch of empty promises....

I think a lot of respect goes in hand with actually doing what you say you will.

My Ride
    J35Z2

Try reading the article. The statement was made because that was what the interviewer asked.

"Lastly, the PlayStation 3 has a number of important exclusive titles — potential system sellers — coming in 2008, including Metal Gear Solid 4, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, and MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (along with, of course, PlayStation Home). Is Microsoft confident that its slate of releases this year will be enough to combat what many perceive is a slowly growing momentum for Sony’s black box? And do you think that the hype behind (and success of) GTA IV will be able to sustain the 360 until its own heavy hitters come along?"

hahah shit i didnt even see the site listed at the bottom of the post.. no wonder .. i was like wtf is this dude talking about..

will have to look more closely next time for links and not just skim over the text... lol
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Sunny Leone

I would love to make her my Butter Chicken

we talking about two big companies here right?
    sony vs. ms

MS in the past has done so much wrong shit its not even funny
    as a company they suck
    Sony however, has done wrong shit, but nothing compared to what MS has done

so conclusion

i win you lose
    computer ftw

I think this statement is pretty bang on. PS3 has simply failed to deliver what they have promised, and there's no defending that. Who knows what they'll bring in the future, maybe if they deliver what they said they would it'll be the clear cut favorite.

And MS has certainly had their fair share of problems. I have a 360 and have had two RROD (with the second one coming a week after I received my first refurb model back) and their customer service is the worst I've ever encountered. I argued with the manager on the phone for over an hour and they always say they'll make promises and do this and that when they don't do fucking shit, so fuck MS.

Having said that, I want to play games, and even though MS is bullshit, it's still a much better gaming system than PS3, especially with XBL. I wouldn't trade systems that's for sure.

My Ride
    Ev0

Completely backwards for me. My launch console has been on since I bought it (never turns off even when I'm away). The only time it's turned off is when I move it around the house or brought it to DTP last 2 years. Never had a problem.

My PS3 however stopped reading any discs. Took 7 weeks to get it back.

YMMV .
    X2 pretty much. My first 2 weeks bought 360 has worked pretty good for the most part. While in Forza 2 I would occasionally experience the occasional "in garage looking at many cars with paint jobs" hang up, but that's it!

Guy I work with got a PS3 a couple months ago and already he had to exchange it for another one as it refused to read any Blu-Ray discs is what he told me.

YMMV X 2

My Ride
    Bicycle

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by warcaster

sounds like halo 3 haha
    Halo 3 was one of the top rated games of the year and still has tons of people playing it online, myself included.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

You beat gta4 2 hours?
    I was making a general statement. MOST of the games are a waste of money. Every system has a few signature games that always make it worthwhile to buy them.

My Ride
    nothing :(

one thing that no one has pointed out is that sony is delivering... alot slower then they promised which is retarded but slowly the things are coming out... as from the op ds3. the whole 1080p thing is up to the makers of the game not sony unless its a sony based company of course.

i play ps3 and havent had a problem yet. i have heard about problems with both systems. i think sony would be better off to not set all these dates and say they are working on such and such and set a date when they have all the shit together and ready to go out the door.
    just my thoughts...

My Ride
    old Toyotas

When an official for a company resorts to talking like this, you know they are in trouble.
    Not saying Sony doesn't have problems but MS has fucked up more than a few things as well.
    You still got the RROD, ridiculous overpriced HDD add-ons, failed HD-DVD drive, and still paying for LIVE where it's free on PS3/Wii.

To face the facts, for all the money this gigantic corporation spent getting into the gaming business, they really didn't do that well. Here they are in their second console and they still might end up third in the race now despite a year early release.

My Ride
    nothing :(

ya and i heard dont hold me to this but that this was the first year that ms with the console division has actually made a profit. sounds funny to me but with all the money they spend on like gettting the cod maps for 21 days before release on the psn or gta with the extra stuff on that. i agree that something has to be going on we dont know about...

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

While I agree with some of these points its just damage control.

The PS3 has now outsold the 360 in Europe and its been out 16 months less. Japan is a wash for MS. North America is the last stand..

Its nothing new though, execs of X company are always saying shit about thier competitors.

MS is no saint, they released a poorly made console knowingly to the public, having to spend a billion dollars replacing them, and still are. There are people on this board who have had thier 360 die more than once.. its funny how the Xbox fans seem to turn a blind eye to this.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 05-09-2008 at 06:31 PM.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by Eleanor

Halo 3 was one of the top rated games of the year and still has tons of people playing it online, myself included.
    Its just a joke.. don't go all fanboy on him...

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by ZEDGE

Its just a joke.. don't go all fanboy on him...
    yeah it was just a joke man i actually own a 360 and a ps3 and to say ps3 is the only one over hyping stuff is bs. As for the bashing it is pretty stupid 360 has made many promises to like" u will recieve your new 360 in two weeks" which i waited over a month for twice when my 360 crapped out playing gears and cod4.

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

Originally posted by dino_martini
    I like my PS3 more then my 360. I can run it for hours and not have it shut down, were as I play 360 for more then 4 hours at a time, and the system shuts down and wont turn on again for like an hour. It sucks.
    This has to be a sign...lol
    Seems like MS is a little desperate, but it was in regards to a question.
    Blue Ray sales have not increased because Sony has no competition now, and the prices are high. They have to get the back the almost 1 billion they paid out for exclusive production in one way or another. I saw it coming a mile away. Who wouldn't want to control the market... Microsoft loved it when they did it.
    Both companies are asses, all the crap they pull.

Not a fanboy,

but fact is that Microsoft will have 3 EPIC game launches in one year, so EPIC that all news media outlets mentioned them!

GTAIV/HALO3/GOW2..

PS3 cant top that, ever..

however i give sony props for killing HD-DVD, if HD-DVD won PS3 would be in the dumps!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast