Quantcast
We Got Cops Cops Cops!!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We Got Cops Cops Cops!!!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Default We Got Cops Cops Cops!!!

out in force tonight!!!

Deerfoot northbount is closed at glenmore, and right befor the exit it goes from 100-70-50...My spider sences kicked in and I slowed down and followed the posted speed limit, most people dont. 3 Motorcyce cops were hiding behind a detour sign and they pulled over the vehicle that passed me on the left as well as the guy in front of me.

Then they had a Vehicle inspection on Memorial, undercovers on 17th ave, and then they were out in force pulling over speeders and junk on McLeod at around 1:30am.

Damn, never seen so many cops in that much concentration
    Travel

They've been whoring Memorial east bound just past the zoo for the past month. Soooooo many poor suckers keep blowing by there going 70-80 and get picked off sooo easily by bike cops equiped with their radars.

The past week, everytime I've driven by their trap area heading into downtown, I've seen someone being written up for speeding. You'd think they'd learn or something :\
    asdf

My Ride
    chev lumina 3.1L

I think its a good thing that they're out there, too many fucken punks hitting high numbers on calgary roads making other drivers feel unsafe. As i experienced a mother fucker yesterday with a with a lude doing about a 130km/h in a 50km/h zone going down 52nd st NE.
    "God Rested On The 7th Day Cuz He Raced Me On The 6th"

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Originally posted by Beastly Power
    I think its a good thing that they're out there, too many fucken punks hitting high numbers on calgary roads making other drivers feel unsafe. As i experienced a mother fucker yesterday with a with a lude doing about a 130km/h in a 50km/h zone going down 52nd st NE.
    was it a red 3rd gen with a big spoiler??

yeah i've seen soo many ppl get owned on memorial east right where the speed limit changes

My Ride
    Corolla

Yes they are... I had 2 followed me to work this morning, and one at my parking lot..... seem like they were waiting for me...

I am all for catching people going 130 in a 50 zone. But some of these construction zones really bug me.

I wish they would take off the construction speed limit when there is no construction taking place and no construction crew whose safety we have to worry about.

Nothing more annoying then going 50km/hr on Memorial where it's 3 lanes wide and no cars in sight. But I am too chickenshit to go any faster for fear of cops lurking around a corner waiting for someone to see the open road and speed. *sigh*

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns
    I am all for catching people going 130 in a 50 zone. But some of these construction zones really bug me.

I wish they would take off the construction speed limit when there is no construction taking place and no construction crew whose safety we have to worry about.

Nothing more annoying then going 50km/hr on Memorial where it's 3 lanes wide and no cars in sight. But I am too chickenshit to go any faster for fear of cops lurking around a corner waiting for someone to see the open road and speed. *sigh*
    I agree...the brutal 50 zones on deerfoot in the south are horrid, I mean come on, 3 lanes of divided freeway, and there is not a crew in sight and no obsticles on the road. And still I do 50, because the fact of getting busted doing 100+ in a 50 zone, and it being a construction zone so the fine is double, just doesn't seem lucrative for me to haul ass...
    Travel

My Ride
    2000 Audi A6 2.7T

Originally posted by m10-power
    Someone has to pay for all the road construction, its a stupid person tax IMO. Better them then me lol
    lol haha.....as for catching those guys going 100+ on a 50...i think it's good that they cops are doing that cuz it's a real safety issue too...those guys think they can react sooo fast 'n stuff....fukers..

My Ride
    2007 Impreza Wagon

it's gettin' to be quota time

My Ride
    Audi

you think people would slow down more on memorial around the zoo, there are signs all the way back to edmonton trail that say that the limit drop to 50km ahead!!

My Ride
    pedals

well if it slows traffic down then i guess they are doing their job. And seeing as the photo units are completely usless on the deerfoot from about 16th ave up, they need to slow people down in other areas.

Originally posted by Superesc
    Yes they are... I had 2 followed me to work this morning, and one at my parking lot..... seem like they were waiting for me...
    next time they follow you drive by tim hortons, they will face a huge moral dilemma but i am sure the donuts will win.

My Ride
    your mom

Feels to me like the cops are getting way tighter lately, the other night I was at skybar and left at the very end to go get my car and sitting right behind me was some cop running my plates without me even being in my car......wtf?!

My Ride
    firebird

hahaha.....Ben the same thing happened to me last night too...

As I was leaving Mckenzie to go get my gf to watch those fireworks, there was a grey ghost car that had a guy pulled over in the construction zone just before 130th ave. When I went to Bonavista to get her, we headed up deerfoot and I had remembered reading your post about cops in that zone up at glenmore. So I was down to 50 and this guy in a little S10 SCREAMS by me at no slower than like 110 in the 50 zone, and I was like "thats guy's fucked." Sure enough like 30 seconds later that same grey ghost car comes out of nowhere and pulls him over. That ticket is gonna be huge......stupid drivers...
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

i saw 3 or 4 on mcleod las night, and on deerfoot... i dont care, i dont really speed anymore! But i wish there was one around last night when that fool in the sunflower almost HIT ME....

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Wow, Glad I helped you out man!

haha, I love seeing people get owned, as noting this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=21099

bwahahaha

Originally posted by Mckenzie

As I was leaving Mckenzie to go get my gf to watch those fireworks, there was a grey ghost car that had a guy pulled over in the construction zone just before 130th ave. When I went to Bonavista to get her, we headed up deerfoot and I had remembered reading your post about cops in that zone up at glenmore. So I was down to 50 and this guy in a little S10 SCREAMS by me at no slower than like 110 in the 50 zone, and I was like "thats guy's fucked." Sure enough like 30 seconds later that same grey ghost car comes out of nowhere and pulls him over. That ticket is gonna be huge......stupid drivers...
    Travel

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by Ben
    Wow, Glad I helped you out man!

haha, I love seeing people get owned, as noting this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=21099

bwahahaha

lol....thanx for the heads up man....

Dude got owned....
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Originally posted by Mckenzie

I saw a car like yours parked in Applewood tonight. Is that you?

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Cops were at that spot on deerfoot again tonight....
    Travel

My Ride
    chev lumina 3.1L

Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

was it a red 3rd gen with a big spoiler??

no it was a VW Fox
    "God Rested On The 7th Day Cuz He Raced Me On The 6th"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast