Quantcast
Stingrays die at Calgary Zoo - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stingrays die at Calgary Zoo

Wow thats shity! I saw them last week with the gf and kid... Damn thats alot of em to die!
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Bicycle

Do they sanitize people before they are allowed to touch?

Can't be healthy if everybody (especially kids') dirty hands/arms keep waving in the water.

i think it might be the condition of water that would have caused the death of so many stingrays. are there any more news on the death. any reasons released to the press?

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Do they sanitize people before they are allowed to touch?

Can't be healthy if everybody (especially kids') dirty hands/arms keep waving in the water.
    You're suppose too... but with all the trailer trash in this city and the tourists who dont speak english/french and dont understand the directions its only a matter of time before too much dirt gets in. Also you have to take into consideration all of the careless parents who dont monitor their children effectively and kids pushing the sting rays or jamming their fingers in them.

Its a great exhibit, but they should monitor/screen the people doing it (i havent been to the one in calgary, but other ones around the world). its a shame
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    V8 Toy

They have an amazing water filtration system with XXXXX gallons in the tank. Some kid with mustard on their hands isn't going to kill the stingrays.. even if it's multiplied by 100s. I'm just worried it was some sick person that intentionally dropped something else in.

There are stingray exhibitions all over the world where they let the public touch them.
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

My Ride
    '11 Civic

Originally posted by TeamBestBud
    Feel the wrath of Steve Irwin bitches.

But it's sad that so many stingrays died.
    Everything I'm not made me everything I am...

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I bet they got into the Zoo's tailing pond.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

i think it may be a disease that just spreads and infected the rest of the stingrays.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

more than likely some greenpeace extremist spiked the water with bleach or draino or something to call attention to the "horrid" conditions of the zoo.

Heard on the radio that apparently all the stingrays gills were inflamed.

me and my conspiracy theories.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by spikers
    more than likely some greenpeace extremist spiked the water with bleach or draino or something to call attention to the "horrid" conditions of the zoo.

A bit off topic but some greenpeace hippy tried to recruit me and my girlfriend when we went to the zoo. they were talking about all this cruelty to animals, something about jelly fish and mutated fruit/vegtables and i answered "Sounds delicious, where can i get some?" at the end and it was this look of shock on the chicks face. I just walked on lol.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    93 integra

one in Mandalay Bay seems much more controlled than this one. They had employees there watching all the people making sure no one was too rough with the small rays or small sharks. But then again Calgary doesn't have the money coming in that Vegas does so maybe they can't afford to have people watching at all times at our ray exhibit.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

the tourists who dont speak english/french
    I actually laughed at that. You'd be hard pressed to try to get around this city speaking french.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-02-2020 at 07:31 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

Originally posted by richardchan2002

I actually laughed at that. You'd be hard pressed to try to get around this city speaking french.
    Well THEORETICALLY you could with us being bilingual, but i know what you mean You'd probably get hated on pretty hard haha

Wow, this is even on drudgereport.

Originally posted by spikers

f

This is the most sensible explanation I've heard. All this crap about "Ohhh...the unsanitary hands that are touching them...going into the water...." they live in the bloody shallow Floridian Coast by the millions. the same coast where about a million pounds of pollution, oil, debris and human sewage is deposited daily. And now a few dozen hands are going to kill 75% of them all of a sudden??? gimme a break.

Those stupid "zoowatch" ppl and their holier than thou "save the whales" mentality. The Ray population is exploding so fast down there that they're depleting the shrimp population. Their culling them its so bad. Thats why zoos all over North America are getting them. They're handing them out for free. Its like crying about a few dozen gophers that get killed for some strange reason.

Same as all the whining about a few hundred ducks that got killed from oil. That same lake lost over 100,000 ducks due to natural causes a few years back.

Geeze..ppl and their misguided priorities.....

The zoo looks after these animals a thousand times better than nature. Balanced diet, hourly monitored water levels, vitamins, supplements, vet care. I just hope they don't take it out completely. My little guy loved the rays and being able to feed them.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    I'm sensing khaki shorts.....I'm being told to pass on a message to you....."Crikey".
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

update*

heard on the radio 2 more died but still unknown reasons

My Ride
    Axis powers

death count is up to 35 from what i read on msn
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

The latest news indicated only 4 remains....

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast