Quantcast
Anyone ever work at Superstore? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever work at Superstore?

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Default Anyone ever work at Superstore?

Specifically the one in Coventry Hills? Doesn't really matter, but if you have worked at that one, then it'd help in the opinions of the managers and stuff.
    But in general, how is it there? I'm in grocery.. basically just stocking.
    Can't be that bad? hahahaha

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Why do you ask? i know someone (who you also know) that has worked at sunridge location for like 6 years lol..

My Ride
    06 S2000

I worked at the sunridge one for about a year and a half.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Originally posted by snowboard
    Why do you ask? i know someone (who you also know) that has worked at sunridge location for like 6 years lol..
    Is this Brady by any chance? hahaha
    Who is this someone?
    And I ask because I just got the job there hahaha.. I need a 2nd job to support my car LOL

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    I worked at the sunridge one for about a year and a half.
    And.......... how was it?

My Ride
    '06 BMW 325xi

I used to work at the one on 36th a couple of years ago, I didn't really get a long with this one supervisor but it depends on who u get as a manager/supervisor, there was this other supervisor who was pretty cool with all of us, i used to work produce. And as soon as I got my $1,500 in bonuses I was outta there lol, it was an OK job at the time

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Originally posted by rated_R
    I used to work at the one on 36th a couple of years ago, I didn't really get a long with this one supervisor but it depends on who u get as a manager/supervisor, there was this other supervisor who was pretty cool with all of us, i used to work produce. And as soon as I got my $1,500 in bonuses I was outta there lol, it was an OK job at the time
    is it pretty slack? I think stock ends up being the same thing.. just diff departments like produce, grocery or household.
    Is the bonus applicable all the time? that'd be sweet.
    Thanks for the opinion man

My Ride
    93' civic, honda for lyfe!!

i worked nightshift grocery at the coventry hills one for about a year... man, they work you like a dog at night, then when it comes to daytime i see the employees just lounging around, looking like they are bored. Dayshift is the way to go! btw how much are you getting per hour? back when i worked there, dayshift was like 7 or 8/hr and night was about 10/hr to start.

edit: oh and they put you in the freezer for a good amount of time for the grocery department, i'd rather work for the "wearunder"instead LOL.
    Originally posted by 89s1
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

full of power-hungry management...i hated it..prolly one of the worst managed companies in Canada
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Originally posted by r0g3r
    i worked nightshift grocery at the coventry hills one for about a year... man, they work you like a dog at night, then when it comes to daytime i see the employees just lounging around, looking like they are bored. Dayshift is the way to go! btw how much are you getting per hour? back when i worked there, dayshift was like 7 or 8/hr and night was about 10/hr to start.

edit: oh and they put you in the freezer for a good amount of time for the grocery department, i'd rather work for the "wearunder"instead LOL.
    I'm going to be doing evening shifts.. I think they pay like 9.50/hour.. pretty shitty. But I need some money in the mean time.
    This is a second job, so pay is not a big deal at the moment.

Grocery in the freezer? Maybe you're thinking the produce? Grocery is the middle part of the store.. cereals and stuff. Unless I gotta be in the freezer for some dumb reason haha.

Were the managers OK though? Everyone seems to be pleasant. I do grocery there every once in a while and see a lot of the same faces. If they've been there for that long, it can't be that bad.

My Ride
    93' civic, honda for lyfe!!

yea I agree, my supervisor was pretty slack, but the 3 managers were horrible, all they cared about was whether or not you get the stock up in time, and if not they pretty much pressure you into staying overtime. They don't care if they work you to death lol.

edit: grocery has to stock the juices too, like the diary, milk, etc. they put the dayshift ppl inthere most of the time because the nightshift people cannot get it done in time.
    Originally posted by 89s1
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

My Ride
    1.8GHZ of V-TECH

i worked at coventry hills one

watch out for karen and mike worst managers ever

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Shit hahaha, now I'm thinking to myself - what have I gotten myself into.
    But I guess I won't know till I try.

What did you do there NRGie?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

^^ do you work at the FS in Coventry too?
    Cos...

My Ride
    Blue boy

Housewares is slack, I worked at sunridge a couple years ago, evenings shifts are slack

My Ride
    4Runner

I worked General Services which is THE slackest job in the world. I also worked in the fish department. I never worked so hard at superstore in my life. busy busy busy!
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

what is general services? that's the same as stocking and walking around right?

My Ride
    300 Limited

Originally posted by riced
    what is general services? that's the same as stocking and walking around right?
    General Services (GS) - General maintenance, including but not limited to; cleaning washrooms, mopping floors, taking care of spills and other "accidents". As a GS you mainly answer to the store manager directly.. which kinda sucks. I'm not gonna lie, it's not an easy job (although I've never done it), but you do get quite a bit of time to slack off.. The GS guy used to leave go home at about 6 and come back at closing ~9. No one ever noticed he was gone

About a year and a half ago I used to work at the Country Hills Superstore. I worked in the "Front End" and got to work with some pretty cool people.
    Last edited by Palmiros; 05-13-2008 at 06:40 PM.
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Originally posted by Palmiros

General Services (GS) - General maintenance, including but not limited to; cleaning washrooms, mopping floors, taking care of spills and other "accidents". As a GS you mainly answer to the store manager directly.. which kinda sucks.

About a year and a half ago I used to work at the Country Hills Superstore. I worked in the "Front End" and got to work with some pretty cool people.
    Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up. That's definitely not what I'm doing lol.

Yeah, the country hills one is the coventry hills one. Same difference. That's cool, hopefully it turns out to be good. Thanks!

My Ride
    300 Limited

Originally posted by riced

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up. That's definitely not what I'm doing lol.

Yeah, the country hills one is the coventry hills one. Same difference. That's cool, hopefully it turns out to be good. Thanks!
    Yea, no worries. I used to be a "price checker" back in the day, it was a TON of fun.
    One of the best departments at Superstore would have to be Photo/Electronics. Second, but not too far behind would be Front End.. (customer service, price checking, courtesy clerks, cashiers, etc) and third, Grocery (although always really busy).

For the not so fun departments, I would probably say Housewares (run around all day, carry stuff, always busy beyond belief). Another department that kinda sucked was Leisure, you always have wayyyy too much stuff to do, and not enough time to do it.
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast