Quantcast
Sketchy market? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sketchy market?

My Ride
    04 STi

Default Sketchy market?

How has alberta's market been for car sales lately? I've been trying to sell my impreza for 4 months now and no luck. The car is absolutely solid and a market price yet no takers? Maybe the wrx and sti stole the market, anyway what the shat should I do to speed up my sale help a brother out.

My Ride
    335i

Make the price more attractive.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Unless you are driving something extremely rare.....no one is willing to pay a premium price for it. Everyone is looking for a deal, just look at all the low ballers on this site
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Agreed.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

plus why would anyone buy used with such attractive interest rates on new cars...that may be stealing some of the used car market...??

Probably, the low interest is a nice incentive. Wish I bought my car this year and not last year...stupid 5% interest! *sigh*

Originally posted by memystealthandi
    plus why would anyone buy used with such attractive interest rates on new cars

I, as well as many other people I'm sure, don't like to finance or lease or bank loan or that stupid shit. Paying interest is a complete waste of money, and so is debting yourself up. The ONLY thing I will EVER take a loan on is a house, a.k.a. mortgage. In my books, if you don't have the money to buy it, meaning you can't afford it, then don't.
    Last edited by Abom; 08-19-2003 at 09:39 PM.

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

what do you drive abom?

Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
    what do you drive abom?

I don't normally say, but I'll tell you that it's white, and in my avatar pic Any Speedcowboys.com member who was out to the "car shows" can tell you what I drive.

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

looks like a swift

Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
    looks like a swift

What the hell, most people here already know anyways, 1993 Suzuki Swift GTi (that's a 4 cylinder for those that think it's the 3), overbored, forged pistons (new ones, stock replacement since the stock ones are already forged), 5" intake, Garrett GT25 turbo pushing 8 psi intercooled, soon to have a 35 shot of nitrous oxide as well. Lot more, too lazy to type is all out, I'll make a list if you want tho.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

I've been trying off and on to sell my Jetta since spring. I think the dealerships are hurting just as bad as us private Joes.
    I know someone in the auto business and some dealers are only selling 4 cars a month right now! Even with the 0% they can't move inventory.

I've given up - i'll try again next year - and i am not trading her in at a dealership, I'm not prepared to lose $$$ on their black book value of my car.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by Abom

I, as well as many other people I'm sure, don't like to finance or lease or bank loan or that stupid shit. Paying interest is a complete waste of money, and so is debting yourself up. The ONLY thing I will EVER take a loan on is a house, a.k.a. mortgage. In my books, if you don't have the money to buy it, meaning you can't afford it, then don't.
    I wouldnt say its a waste of money, auto loans are how most people establish credit. You dont have any credit and you arent getting a house brotha. Plus even if you do have the cash to buy a vehicle you'd be alot better off applying that cash to a mortgage instead of a depreciating vehicle
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I wouldnt say its a waste of money, auto loans are how most people establish credit. You dont have any credit and you arent getting a house brotha. Plus even if you do have the cash to buy a vehicle you'd be alot better off applying that cash to a mortgage instead of a depreciating vehicle

There are other way to build credit though. Such as having a credit card, using it, and paying the whole thing off every month. Now THAT builds some good credit. You have to remember, if you put yourself in debt with half the things you own, and one little thing goes wrong, like you lose your job or whatever, you're really fucked.

I prefer to live with as little debt as possible.

with the way it's going right now I think many is looking towards buying a house rather than using the money for a brand new ride, especially when the rate is below 5%.

My Ride
    04 STi

I dumped the price lots! hmm yea turns out dealers here are selling no cars too, wonder whats up?

That seems pretty conservative. As it is now, I prefer to finance because my investments make more than what I am paying to finance my vehicles. I think that your strategy is valid in times where the interest rates are higher, but if you can make more by investing your money in an *appreciating* asset, sometimes you are a lot better off.

Originally posted by Abom

Originally posted by E36M3
    That seems pretty conservative. As it is now, I prefer to finance because my investments make more than what I am paying to finance my vehicles. I think that your strategy is valid in times where the interest rates are higher, but if you can make more by investing your money in an *appreciating* asset, sometimes you are a lot better off.

I understand where you're coming from, and by all means, things like mortgaging a house become necessary at some point. However, there are people out there that have debted their car, house, their furniture inside their house, and they pay off one credit card bill using another credit card. At some point, it'll all catch up to you and fuck you over.

And if you're just making all your payments on time, say you lose your job because of a big job cut or something, then what happens? Unless you have quite a bit of money saved away, you're looking at the repo man coming for a visit.

In my opinion, debt sucks. Sometimes it's un-avoidable, but when it is, it should be avoided at all costs.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

There was a study done a while back - CDN's carry more debt than Americans but we pay off our debt faster and there is less chance of defaulting. Americans carry less debt but cannot make the pmts.
    Cudo's to us!

My car % is 8.5, and right now I am building a house with 3.95% for 3 years - funny how the thing that costs the most and appreciates over time has lower interest than a car which is "cheaper".
    Kinda sad when an additional $1000 to a house only makes a diff of about $6.00 - we paid off our debt instead of thowing down a larger DP.

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

My dad put his van in the paper, and it was sold the next day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast