Quantcast
Can I get into Pure math 30 with math 33? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Can I get into Pure math 30 with math 33?

My Ride
    03' Mazda Protege LX

Default Can I get into Pure math 30 with math 33?

Or do I need to take pure math 20 first?

I did pretty good in math 33 and I heard from teachers in the past that there is more respect for this course than the new applied math 30.

It's been already 7-8 years since i took math 33, so I hope thats not a problem.

math 33 will not get you into math pure 20 even, youll have to start at the bottom and work up, unless you think you are smart enough to challenge the exam and pass...

My Ride
    G35x

I'm pretty sure you can take Math 30 Pure in the open studies program @ MRC. Open studies is automatic admission and you can take whatever you want.

Why do you need your pure Math 30 when you're in your mid 20s?

My Ride
    03' Mazda Protege LX

Okay, thanks for the replies. I talked to admissions and they said I could get into math 20 with my math 33.

I want to upgrade my math courses so I can apply for engineering in college or university. I slacked off in my early years in high school, so I didn't get good grades, but now that I'm in my mid 20's and more mature, I'm looking to aim for higher learning. Heck, I'm single, not too old yet, bored with my current life and looking for a challenge...so I'm thinking, if I don't make a change now, I might regret it later on in life and I know a lot of older guys in my line of work (construction) who would of gone to college in their early years if they had the chance. So I'm going to make the leap, wish me luck

My Ride
    93' civic, honda for lyfe!!

good luck man, ive met many people that also regret not going to college. Actually many of them decided to go to some sort of college, like Sait etc.
    Originally posted by 89s1
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

My Ride
    4Runner

Good luck man!

I think you'd have to take math 20p then math 30p. Someone suggested you can do it at mount royal. Give them a call. Good luck!
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Always wanted a celica? Or just since you got your first period?

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    Why do you need to be a dick? At least he is going back and doing it.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by eb0i

Why do you need to be a dick? At least he is going back and doing it.
    i dont think he's trying to be a dick, just seem surprised thats all.

Like someone else has said, cant you just take pure math 30 in MRC?

check to see if theres a bridging course you can take so you have a feel for math 30

There are prereqs at MRC.

Originally posted by alieno1
    I want to upgrade my math courses so I can apply for engineering in college or university. I slacked off in my early years in high school, so I didn't get good grades, but now that I'm in my mid 20's and more mature, I'm looking to aim for higher learning. Heck, I'm single, not too old yet, bored with my current life and looking for a challenge...so I'm thinking, if I don't make a change now, I might regret it later on in life and I know a lot of older guys in my line of work (construction) who would of gone to college in their early years if they had the chance. So I'm going to make the leap, wish me luck
    You have your Chem 30/Phys 30? I don't think you can get into the Univerity Engineering program without those two courses as well.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

If you did well in 33 8 years ago I think you'd be hard pressed to do well in Pure 30. Start with 20.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

I'm not sure if you have to be intending to register in a SAIT program, but my buddy did his math 20/30 and physics 20/30 online through SAIT and it was embarrassingly easy (although I still did have to help him, but that's more a reflection upon him).

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

^R U serious? What about the diploma exam, did he write it online as well?
    Autosignature

Congrads on the move alieno, take alot of courage to go back to school.

Chinook College is good for upgrading, you might have to go to math pure 10 and do all three courses. Just go talk to some administrative person at a secondary institute. They'll point you in the rigth direction

good luck

Originally posted by pinoyhero
    ^R U serious? What about the diploma exam, did he write it online as well?
    Diploma exams are always at whatever centre you're taking the online course from. But yeah, online courses tend to be much easier. With bonus quizzes and bonus assignments, along with "open book" unit exams and quizzes, your mark is usually pretty inflated.

Also, good luck with it man, it's a good choice.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

^Gotcha but those who need to write the dip are hooped regardless of how nice the course work was. And a damn good thing too, letting people wlak through things like the 30s just makes high school diplomas that much more useless.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    03' Mazda Protege LX

Like someone else has said, cant you just take pure math 30 in MRC?
    I'm in Edmonton and I'll be upgrading through a local school in here that requires me to take Math 20, but Grant MacEwan college makes you write a test to determine your academic level if you have been out of school for more than 2 years. It's all good though, because I'm taking Math 20 in the summer so that I can free up space and take math 30 this fall semester, so I don't mind.

You have your Chem 30/Phys 30? I don't think you can get into the Univerity Engineering program without those two courses as well.
    Yea, I have Phys 30 but I don't have Chem 30 or 20, so I'm going to take these courses as well. I slacked off before the diploma exam, so I didn't do as well in Phys 30, so I'm thinking I'll probably redo it again to lift my average up. Same thing applies to Eng 30, I need to repeat this course.

I'm thinking that I will have to take all 5 core courses this year....Math 30, Math 31, Phys 30, Chem 30 and Eng 30 so that I can possibly aim for an 80% average to get into University, but if it doesn't work as planned, I'll squeeze into Grant MacEwans transfer program.

Back when I was younger, I didn't care about my future and always aimed for mediocre goals but now that I'm getting older, I'm starting to realize how important a higher education can be in this world. Also, I'm really in a mood for a challenge right now and my current construction life is not meeting this desire I have right now. I just really want to see where else I can take my life right now, I feel like I'm at a turning point and that I should take a hold of that feeling and make something of it before it's too late.

My Ride
    s13

being in highschool still, my friend took math 33 and told me it was nothing like pure math 30 that we are in now. In 33 you dealt with more stats and less numbers compared to the more formula heavy 30 course.

Chinook is great for upgrading courses and you should be able to sneak into MRC for some courses.
    Originally posted by know1edge
    Trollception. MGCM used CapnCrunch's troll and inverted that troll attempt into another troll attempt getting ya'll to believe that he's serious... However, maybe ya'll are trollceptioning me into believing that you believe him. What you don't know is that I was trollceptioning ya'll into believing that I believed you believed the OP that believed CapnCrunch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast