Quantcast
The REAL beyond baller survey - post your Amex Black - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL beyond baller survey - post your Amex Black

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by dj_rice
    .....waits for 89coupe to post in here......
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by Xtrema

It's just a by-product of a capitalistic society. How many can be humble like Warren Buffet? Being the richest man and still live in a 40 year old 1000 sq ft bungalow.
    50 years now

honestly it is kind of neat, but if I worked in retail I am sure someone could pass it to me and I wouldn't notice or give a shit
    Cos...

Unless you are retarded, you might notice that it is much thicker than normal and made out of metal.. and completely black. Or maybe not, who knows.

Originally posted by brendankharris

50 years now

honestly it is kind of neat, but if I worked in retail I am sure someone could pass it to me and I wouldn't notice or give a shit

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by max_boost

Did not know that. That is definitely baller. Never seen one before.

So how does it work when you use it to buy a car at a dealer for example. Most dealerships in Calgary allow you to put $5K MAX when buying a new car or is the Black AMEX different? Dealers don't have to pay the extra credit card fee of 2%? Just curious.
    yeah, merchants have to pay the fee, and amex fees are higher than visa/mc by a substantial amount. thats why a lot of merchants dont take amex. its usually not a big problem because the stuff black card holders buy has stupidly huge margins, like designer clothes, luxury cars, fine dining, first class travel, etc. its kind of a different market.

Is it also called the Amex Crystal or something? Donald Trump would probably have one for sure.

Originally posted by Bimmer88
    Is it also called the Amex Crystal or something? Donald Trump would probably have one for sure.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by E36M3
    Unless you are retarded, you might notice that it is much thicker than normal.. and completely black.

Thats what she said...

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by zarge

You actually care what someone else thinks about your monetary status?
    But I do agree I have a CIBC aerogold, great card.
    Pretty sure he's just referring to the fact that Platinum cards are no long exclusive to a certain market. I don't even know the differences between them, seems like anyone can get them.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by E36M3
    Unless you are retarded, you might notice that it is much thicker than normal and made out of metal.. and completely black. Or maybe not, who knows.

haha I would definitely notice it because I would have never seen anything like it before. I didn't even know it was a baller card until I think it was rage2 or someone mentioned it a few years back.
    I am user #49

My Ride
    w163

Originally posted by sputnik

Thats what she said...
    lol

My Ride
    honda with fart can

Originally posted by kertejud2
    If you're a real baller you don't need a Black Card, people just give you shit for free because of how awesome and unbelievably wealthy you are.

You guys clearly aren't ballin' enough.
    This is actually true..
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    w163

Im surprised nobody has busted out a 89coupe Chuck Norris joke.

My Ride
    Model S

IMO, the starwood mastercard is a better deal than the amex platinum. Even if you don't stay in starwood hotels, you can trade the points 1:1 + bonus for airmiles etc. And if you get gold or platinum SPG status, you get free room upgrades and 4pm checkout.

http://www.askmrcreditcard.com/starw...rredguest.html

But I am a bit disappointed no one has a black amex to flash...I didn't realize amex canada didn't issue them yet.

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

damn i have like the weakest visa ever, and i always max it out lol.

im never going over a 1000 limit, i dont want to live off credit like all my friends.

My Ride
    Model S

^if you think about credit cards differently than most people you wont get yourself into trouble. having a larger limit helps your credit rating, just dont carry a balance. if you use 0 - 9% of your available credit, you dont lower your credit score. so if you've got $500 on credit, its better to have a $6,000 limit than a $1,000 limit.

just dont think of a high-limit card as a license to print money. some people use it to buy things they cant afford, which gets them in trouble. responsible people use it to pay for things they can afford. its good for large purchases that are too high for debit cards, ordering online, or to move money around short term in a pinch. you also have extra protection too, some cards offer extended warranty on purchases automatically, and if you have a fraudulent transaction, you wont lose any money. if someone swipes your debit card or runs off with your wad of cash, you're SOL.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

^ it all depends on how responsible you are with it. I put most of my transactions onto my CC so I can easily keep track of larger purchases. I also throw my bills on there for automatic processing such as my Rogers bill and pet insurance. It's a much easier way to keep track of things. You get added benefits of purchase/theft protection etc. etc.

Mind you, I kind of like how VISA organizes your bills (Grocery, entertainment, etc). I don't have a VISA myself but I think the other two (AMEX and MC) should process/organize transactions that way too.

Doesn't have too much outstanding credit affect the amount you're able to borrow?

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by TYMSMNY
    Doesn't have too much outstanding credit affect the amount you're able to borrow?
    Yes
    I am user #49

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by googe
    IMO, the starwood mastercard is a better deal than the amex platinum. Even if you don't stay in starwood hotels, you can trade the points 1:1 + bonus for airmiles etc. And if you get gold or platinum SPG status, you get free room upgrades and 4pm checkout.

http://www.askmrcreditcard.com/starw...rredguest.html

But I am a bit disappointed no one has a black amex to flash...I didn't realize amex canada didn't issue them yet.
    Yeah the starwood card rocks. My GF and I got it and we each put one night at a sheraton on ours for 5k points each. Then combined with the 5k each signing bonus points, we had 4 nights at the Sheraton Centre Ville in Montreal in the summer for free as they were 7k a night. Great no fee card and they have great customer service with cheap balance transfers.

My Ride
    You Crazy

My goal is to get 5 cards with a limit of 20k each....

Then rack em to the moon and leave the country for some third world paradise....

THAT is what credit is for

My Ride
    fast and red.

I'm amazed at how few people pay cash anymore. I know credit is probably more convenient, but I find I'll get better deals paying cash. Okay, I don't get the points, but the discounts make up for it.

I use a credit card in big stores where they don't negotiate anyway, to get the points. But I pay cash everywhere else. And most clerks act like they've never seen it before.

but that Wikipedia page is pretty interesting - if you travel enough, it's a great deal, even at $2500 per year, I think.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast