Quantcast
Wild Rose D-TOX - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Wild Rose D-TOX

Default Wild Rose D-TOX

Anyone used this and have comments? I decided to do it after the long weekend of destruction. I am on the 3rd day and I feel like shit! Should get better according to the instructions.

My Ride
    K20A2

I did it once and it was good. It has to be with a strict diet, but I did fell like shit for the 5th and 6th day. good luck
    Built with Chopsticks

how's the d-tox going, i'm thinkin of doing this as well...did u get the cook book? Did u just order the kit from the website?

First day - 3 hours in laxative kicks in.

Second day - I started feeling like shit and a mild headache set in,

Third Day - Hardest day so far. I felt tired, aching, and my head hurt all day ( Tylenol, Advil do not help ). All this time you are shitting like crazy.

Fourth day - Still hurting very much.

As soon as you take the pills you get a headache going 1-2 hours after. Make sure you have a lot of access to rice, chicken and fish as those are the staples of my diet thus far, and a lot small stuff like almonds, garlic, onion...Drink lots of water. Community Health Food Store is where i got this $25. Don't get the cookbook IMO. Good Luck, it takes some commitment for sure and its harder than I originally thought.
    Last edited by dimi; 05-22-2008 at 11:06 AM.

are there directions in the kit that outlines what you can and cannot eat or just a guideline to the foods that you can have? having to shit a ton at work sounds a bit sketchy ha

My Ride
    2011 5.0 FX4

I did the full two weeks and had nothing go wrong with me no headaches or anything. the hardest part I found was trying to stick to the diet when ppl around you are eating good stuff. After two weeks had passed I was down 12 lbs.

My Ride
    Axis powers

how much "bathroom time" did u guys experience? i want to do this but I can't really be running to take a dump all the time since i travel for work and need to do presentations/training
    Sig nuked by mod.

Worst day was #3 for bathroom time and everything else overall, but I feel much better today, and you can take 1 pill less of the herbal laxative too if you can't afford the frequent visits.

Starting this on January 1st.

Hopefully the excruciating shits will be gone by January 5th when I'm back to work

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Can anyone recommend a detox that doesnt cause to run to the bathroom uncontrollably? With my job, I can't leave me station whenever I want to, and need to be able to sit in place for up to 4 hours if I have to.

Started it today. So far so good, i havent actually had to use the washroom yet though!

Frozen Rasberry + Blueberry + Soy Milk + Ice = Good Shake for breakfast.

Rice Cake with Almond Butter and Apple for Snack.

Spinach Salad w/ oil and lemon for lunch

Chicken Marinated with Lemon, Salt and Onion, then Baked and placed on a plate of brown rice for dinner.

Trying to find things to use has condiments.

I drink a lot during the day, not always water, im having a hard time not drinking a juice of somesort. any suggestions besides a shake?
    Last edited by Jeremiah; 01-01-2009 at 07:08 PM.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

It's all , pseudoscience.

Just eat healthy. You don't need to shit your brains out to "detox." Can anyone even tell me what "detox" actually means? What these "toxins" are and how this special regimen will remove things better than the body does naturally?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4616603.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4574912.stm

The British Dietetic Association says detox diets are marketing myths rather than nutritional reality.

"Detox is a meaningless term that is used all the time and because it hasn't been defined, it's impossible to say if it has worked or if it hasn't," says a spokesman.

"The body is set up to deal with the chemicals it doesn't want, and excrete them."

A recent study by American researchers also concluded that detox diets do no more than the body's own natural system to get rid of toxins. They said most modern books and detox kits serve up "empty promises".

Scientists and dieticians argue that the benefits people feel are not due to their body getting rid of excessive toxins but are due to changing from what is likely to have been a "poor" diet.
    Last edited by badatusrnames; 01-01-2009 at 07:18 PM.

Originally posted by badatusrnames
    It's all , pseudoscience.

Just eat healthy. You don't need to shit your brains out to "detox." Can anyone even tell me what "detox" actually means? What these "toxins" are and how this special regimen will remove things better than the body does naturally?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4616603.stm
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4574912.stm

This statment is right. Its been well documented that detox is a giant gimmick. That shouldn't deter someone from doing it, as the diet portion of the wild rose is actually quite good. Even if you decide not to do the actual laxatives and gross drops, you'll probably see comparable results just by doing the diet.

I don't believe in detox, but I did give the Wild Rose a try. I actually felt great from it, but that may have had more to do with the fact that i didn't drink beer, and eat lots of pizza. I actually tried to stick with as much of the diet as possible and found I felt equally great later.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

A friend of mine in med school told me the same thing. However, one of my other friends (who's in school to be a naturopathic doctor) swears by "cleanses" and whatnot. I don't personally believe that "cleanses" and "detoxes" actually do a damn thing.

I prefer to eat clean and drink lots of water.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by VWEvo

This statment is right. Its been well documented that detox is a giant gimmick. That shouldn't deter someone from doing it, as the diet portion of the wild rose is actually quite good. Even if you decide not to do the actual laxatives and gross drops, you'll probably see comparable results just by doing the diet.

I don't believe in detox, but I did give the Wild Rose a try. I actually felt great from it, but that may have had more to do with the fact that i didn't drink beer, and eat lots of pizza. I actually tried to stick with as much of the diet as possible and found I felt equally great later.
    Well yeah, if you read the articles, it's mentioned that people are feeling better not because you're actually ridding yourself of "toxins" but because they are eating better and getting a proper amount of water.

It also cautions though that some of the diets are not balanced and following them can lead to health problems.

But regardless, the uncontrollable shitting is not necessary.

Originally posted by A790
    A friend of mine in med school told me the same thing. However, one of my other friends (who's in school to be a naturopathic doctor) swears by "cleanses" and whatnot. I don't personally believe that "cleanses" and "detoxes" actually do a damn thing.

I prefer to eat clean and drink lots of water.
    I'd listen to the person that is becoming an actual, real doctor. No offense to your other friend, but naturopathy in some cases is a step above shamanism and one below chiropractic. Some of it is common sense (certain foods contain certain healthy/beneficial compounds) but a lot of it is junk science.
    Last edited by badatusrnames; 01-02-2009 at 04:49 AM.

Hey guys

Had to bump this thread because I am doing the Wild Rose after easter
    kind of a spring cleaning thing. I already eat healthy + exercise and have done a cleanse before but all the articles I've read recommend rice cakes and I'm wondering which ones to buy.. Like a specific brand?
    Obviously I'm going to assume that the flavored ones are out of the picture -(white cheddar etc.) I just have a feeling I'm going to have to get some of these for my office as well as almonds when I start to starve lol.

Thanks

My Ride

Originally posted by ringer
    Hey guys

Had to bump this thread because I am doing the Wild Rose after easter
    kind of a spring cleaning thing. I already eat healthy + exercise and have done a cleanse before but all the articles I've read recommend rice cakes and I'm wondering which ones to buy.. Like a specific brand?
    Obviously I'm going to assume that the flavored ones are out of the picture -(white cheddar etc.) I just have a feeling I'm going to have to get some of these for my office as well as almonds when I start to starve lol.

Thanks
    Read this: http://www.everydayhealth.com/blog/z...t-master-scam/

They're all snake oil. If you're dead set on doing one, pick the brand you like the best and hand over your hard earned money.

^^ that's only for the Master Cleanse.. which I agree is a very aggressive fast more than diet..

Wild Rose just eliminates flour and dairy and processed food from your diet for 12 days. There are supplements to cleanse your colon ( laxatives ) but they are not required to do a cleanse.

And honestly with the amount of booze and crap food I've been eating sticking to whole grains ( barley, brown rice, buckwheat) veggies, proteins such as fish chicken and beans while cutting booze, sugar, and empty carbs really can't do me anything but good.

To each his own man.

My Ride

Originally posted by ringer
    ^^ that's only for the Master Cleanse.. which I agree is a very aggressive fast more than diet..

Wild Rose just eliminates flour and dairy and processed food from your diet for 12 days. There are supplements to cleanse your colon ( laxatives ) but they are not required to do a cleanse.

And honestly with the amount of booze and crap food I've been eating sticking to whole grains ( barley, brown rice, buckwheat) veggies, proteins such as fish chicken and beans while cutting booze, sugar, and empty carbs really can't do me anything but good.

To each his own man.
    If you're going to get specific with your cleanse, focus on clean, whole foods. To that end, I'd probably avoid rice cakes completely. Find some wild-rose specific forums and see what others are successfully doing.

Good luck.