Quantcast
What's the first thing you do with $27 mil? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the first thing you do with $27 mil?

Originally posted by 01RedDX

LOL that was from Office Space, in response to B20EF... but yes, I would clean up all kinds of excretions.
    Well mine was sort of from Office Space as well.

"The question is bullshit. There'd be no janitors because nobody would clean up shit if they had a million dollars."

I think it would be really cool to lay low and not tell any of your friends you had the money. You would just leave little hints like wearing a 50k watch to the bar, but still driving a cheap car.

And then one day I would invite my friends over to my new mansion. One of them would ask how on earth I could afford it, and I would say...umm its called getting a job buddy.

I would probably work at Mcdonald's for a couple weeks too. Would be cool to pull up to work in my McD's uniform and a Ferrari.

My Ride
    wrx wagon

Originally posted by whiskas
    I'd buy 27,000 shitbox neons so that I could drive a different one everyday for the rest of my life. No insurance, and I'd end everyday by totalling it into a lamp post for fun.
    hahahah

3/4 of it goes to real estate development, the 6.75 goes into high interest savings so it remains liquid. I can live off 10k/month until the developments pay out.

Tripling your money FTW.
    Last edited by ZorroAMG; 05-29-2008 at 03:41 PM.

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by E36M3
    It is tough to manage money when you didn't have to earn it.. it is literally death by a thousand cuts.

Even take the 27 million scenario:

Most people with financial competence would throw it into a revenue generating scenario and live off of the fruits of the capital. 100k/month should be fine for most people to live off of, assuming they are disciplined. It is hard to understand, but as soon as it becomes available, most people's lifestyles adjust to spend what is available (I've seen it quite a few times personally).

What happens, unfortunately, is that someone who is not financially sophisticated and/or disciplined starts to eat away at the principle. Once you buy three or four houses, a private jet and a yacht, your principle is already down to 10 million. Maintenance on this lifestyle soon balloons to 200k a month, and you end up each month with less principle, and pretty soon you are selling off assets to keep up with your burn rate. Blow out a couple cars and a divorce, and your principle disappears pretty quick.

Its an extreme example, but it happens all the time, both to lottery winners and others who have acquired a great deal of wealth quickly and without the proper education/discipline.. trustafarians (people who inherit a great deal of wealth), lottery winners and people who hit it big early on in business all often fall into this category.

Perfectly said. This is your textbook pro-football/basketball player story as well. Gets his first signing bonus, buys houses and cars for every relative, and before he knows it, 90% of every cheque is used to cashflow shit like that.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Can't decide on hookers or blow, one of the two first shortly followed by the second.
    Autosignature

I'd buy up and horde the national supply (and production rights) to insulin and crown myself King of the Diabetics.

My Ride
    Taco

Originally posted by 01RedDX

I would invest half of it in glorious mutual funds, and give the rest to my friend Asadullah who works in securities.
    I love it

naga...naga...not gonna work here anymore

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    I'd buy up and horde the national supply (and production rights) to insulin and crown myself King of the Diabetics.
    You sir, are my fucking hero
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    07 R6, 12 Ralliart

if i won that, i would source a mclaren f1 and buy a house with at least a 6 car garage...then invest and buy a few more cars

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    For $27M? If the exploitation of the ill could be had for such a paltry fee, it would have been done millions of times over.

Only the big boys get to play with pharmecuticals and healthcare products. Why don't you take your piggy bank to the BMW dealership.

And then of course the patent for insulin has long expired, and needles are WAY out of your price range, you're going to have to pick a new investment scheme.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by sputnik
    I would take my money and disappear for a year or two.
    Absolutely!!! Where I would do...

Originally posted by B20EF
    Two chicks at the same time
    along with copious amounts of...

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Hookers & Blow
    Oh wait, thats already me...

j/k
    Travel

Default Not M5 or 6

Originally posted by Jlude
    Good for them...

like rmk said, hope they bought a new M5 or M6
    I didn't get the M5 or 6 because you can't get all wheel drive and since I am in Muskoka somuch I went for the 335Xi - Oh and i don't like big cars - hence the 3 series - cost $73,000.00 with tax

Originally posted by E36M3
    It is tough to manage money when you didn't have to earn it.. it is literally death by a thousand cuts.

Even take the 27 million scenario:

Most people with financial competence would throw it into a revenue generating scenario and live off of the fruits of the capital. 100k/month should be fine for most people to live off of, assuming they are disciplined. It is hard to understand, but as soon as it becomes available, most people's lifestyles adjust to spend what is available (I've seen it quite a few times personally).

What happens, unfortunately, is that someone who is not financially sophisticated and/or disciplined starts to eat away at the principle. Once you buy three or four houses, a private jet and a yacht, your principle is already down to 10 million. Maintenance on this lifestyle soon balloons to 200k a month, and you end up each month with less principle, and pretty soon you are selling off assets to keep up with your burn rate. Blow out a couple cars and a divorce, and your principle disappears pretty quick.

Its an extreme example, but it happens all the time, both to lottery winners and others who have acquired a great deal of wealth quickly and without the proper education/discipline.. trustafarians (people who inherit a great deal of wealth), lottery winners and people who hit it big early on in business all often fall into this category.

That is not going to happen to me and I won the 27 million. The only purchace I made was the BMW 335Xi - plus gave our kids some $$$ - nothing else and no huge plans. The interest alone is hard to relate to.

My Ride
    02 GTI(rip) 03 jetta 1.8T on 19's

go to a pool hall and pull a Christopher Walken. hahaha

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f7QKgapudDc

Congratulations on the good fortune, and I am glad that you seem to be taking things in stride. The most important things in life do not revolve around money, and many people make the mistake of forgetting that.

Originally posted by namsnik

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by namsnik
    That is not going to happen to me and I won the 27 million. The only purchace I made was the BMW 335Xi - plus gave our kids some $$$ - nothing else and no huge plans. The interest alone is hard to relate to.
    Good for you, keep it simple.

Originally posted by B17a

That will not happen to me. I have made money by working all my life so I won't be tossing it away carelessly - but I am damn well going to enjoy it too

Perfectly said. This is your textbook pro-football/basketball player story as well. Gets his first signing bonus, buys houses and cars for every relative, and before he knows it, 90% of every cheque is used to cashflow shit like that.

Originally posted by TVG
    I think it would be really cool to lay low and not tell any of your friends you had the money. You would just leave little hints like wearing a 50k watch to the bar, but still driving a cheap car.

And then one day I would invite my friends over to my new mansion. One of them would ask how on earth I could afford it, and I would say...umm its called getting a job buddy.

I would probably work at Mcdonald's for a couple weeks too. Would be cool to pull up to work in my McD's uniform and a Ferrari.
    It is pretty hard to avoid the publicity, because OLG would not give me the $$$ until I signed the agreement that they would identify me and take pictures and publicize my name - so guess what - I DID!!

So you won the lottery, and decided not to make any big plans for the money... but you're wasting your time joining Beyond to post?

Doesn't add up. If you send me $1000 I might believe it... otherwise, yer full of shit!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast